Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barcelona & Interest in young Diego Poyet

Comments

• Options
    Based on that article and general interest not a chance we will keep him...saving grace being that we will still get compensation!
  • Options
    Was at barcelona on sunday.dont think they need him just yet .hopefully we will get to keep him for a little while yet.
  • Options
    DRFDRF
    edited March 2014
    Has his Dad become his agent? I smell spreading rumours to get a better deal.
  • Options
    DRF said:

Reading interviews with Diego its obvious his dad is a big influence on his career. I'd suggest that this puts us in a stronger, not weaker, position to get him signed up.

• Options

Based on that article and general interest not a chance we will keep him...saving grace being that we will still get compensation!

Don't think that's the case if he moves abroad though.............
  • Options
    If his Dad is saying that then it gives me the impression there may be some truth in it.

Would be amazed (and delighted) if we manage to keep him beyond this season.
  • Options

DRF said:

Reading interviews with Diego its obvious his dad is a big influence on his career. I'd suggest that this puts us in a stronger, not weaker, position to get him signed up.

I also think it puts CAFC into a stronger position, I cant for one minute think that Gus is not aware that CAFC have played a massive part in his career so far and would not CAFC rewarded for this.

• Options

I think you're right, plus I don't think the compensation that we will receive if he goes to another English team will be much to shout about.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think you're right, plus I don't think the compensation that we will receive if he goes to another English team will be much to shout about.
    about 400k initially but rising on appearances, caps etc

• Sponsored links:

• Options

DRF said:

I also think it puts CAFC into a stronger position, I cant for one minute think that Gus is not aware that CAFC have played a massive part in his career so far and would not CAFC rewarded for this.

'And his father admits it would be a "spectacle" to see the midfielder lining up at the Nou Camp.' I don't really think this puts us as the favourites...

Maybe we'll get rewarded with a loan next season, I would be happy with that.