Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I hate this game

Comments

• Options
    What's the knack?
  • Options
    12664 now. The tactic is basically to establish one side (usually the bottom) as the repository for high numbers. I was only buggered when the 'new' piece filled the only square outside the top row that wasn't already full, so I had to move the whole thing up. A consequent 2 beneath my 256 - game over only a few moves away
  • Options
    A new high!...of 12668, lol
  • Options
    and now 17396. if i don't sleep now i won't wake for the freaking match tho
  • Options
    ah fine, 20068

now SLEEP dammit
  • Options
    Leuth said:

ah fine, 20068

now SLEEP dammit

Wow that's a lot! Got around 15k I think
  • Options
    Can't much above 5000. Anyone got any strategies?
  • Options
    20736 and the 2048 tile! :-)

I've been doing the exact same thing as Leuth. Try to make the numbers match each other as they move away from the established side for your highest numbers. If the numbers starts to diverge close to each other, it begins to get real hard.
    Leuth said:

12664 now. The tactic is basically to establish one side (usually the bottom) as the repository for high numbers. I was only buggered when the 'new' piece filled the only square outside the top row that wasn't already full, so I had to move the whole thing up. A consequent 2 beneath my 256 - game over only a few moves away

• Options
    It ended up being 26828

One more tip. If you choose to establish the bottom side as your side for high numbers, do not press "up" unless it's absolutely necessary - it will most likely lead to a "2" getting generated totally isolated along the bottom side and it's really hard to get the same order again. ;-)
  • Options
    Well at least we have something good to do if it all goes tits up at the game!

I hate you for posting this!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hate this game too, especially when we lose at home :-(
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

It ended up being 26828

Just beat you - 26832! Made the mistake of moving so I had 3 full rows, so had no choice but to move up. Was kaput in less than 10 moves after that.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

sasquatch said:

It ended up being 26828

Just beat you - 26832! Made the mistake of moving so I had 3 full rows, so had no choice but to move up. Was kaput in less than 10 moves after that.
    Oh haha, close one :-)
  • Options
    Cheers Sasquatch, my scores have improved dramatically since I used up as the button of last resort.
  • Options
  • Options
    There's an app 2048 in Apple store and google play!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Just got an app off of Samsung, 2048 Fibonacci version. Same basic principle but with an added layer of complexity that instead of doubling, you have to make the Fibonacci numbers add up. Top number is 144.
  • Options
    Every time I think I'm doing well I accidentally swipe up and balls it all up arghhhhhhh
  • Options
    Completed at last! Great game
  • Options
    Highly addictive. Been playing the damn thing all day - nowhere near completing it yet!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Spent bloody hours on this since posted, but I must be doing something seriously wrong, as my high score is a mere 6920 and only averaging around 3000. Any tips?
  • Options

Spent bloody hours on this since posted, but I must be doing something seriously wrong, as my high score is a mere 6920 and only averaging around 3000. Any tips?

Give up
  • Options
    i did it by never scrolling right... EVER! ended up getting 26000 odd
  • Options
    35 minutes waiting for a central line train this morning so I fired this up and completed it on the day's first attempt. Well pleased
  • Options

Leuth said:

Managed to get only 364, for those attempting the 'other' challenge

I got 204, I don't get the game at all. How many squares do you get?
    Trying to get the lowest possible score (268 my lowest yet), I'm skeptical 204 is even possible
  • Options
    240 now...

BEDTIME
  • Options
    Leuth said:

240 now...

BEDTIME

I just got 104 on first attempt at lowest score
  • Options
    Done it. 21376. Keep all the large numbers in a row at the top, bottom or side and swipe toward that row all the time. Never, ever swipe away from that row.
  • Options
    Better version, contains boobs

http://www.fier-panda.fr/boobs2048/