Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Elena Baltacha

Former British number one Elena Baltacha has revealed she has been diagnosed with cancer of the liver.

The 30-year-old said in a statement: "I have recently been diagnosed with cancer the liver. I'm currently undergoing treatment and fighting this illness with everything I have."

Very sad at such a young age! Does her father still coach for us?

Comments

• Options
    So sad. I remember she had something wrong with her liver before
  • Options
    Very sad, great player at her level.
  • Options

Former British number one Elena Baltacha has revealed she has been diagnosed with cancer of the liver.

The 30-year-old said in a statement: "I have recently been diagnosed with cancer the liver. I'm currently undergoing treatment and fighting this illness with everything I have."

Very sad at such a young age! Does her father still coach for us?

More sad news, indeed. Keep fighting , Elena.

Saw her Dad at SL not long ago so believe he's still on the coaching team.

• Options
    Let's hope and pray it has been caught early.
  • Options
    I can only repeat what my fellow lifers have expressed on here .. fight the cancer Elena and get well
  • Options
    Awful news. Fingers crossed that she can make a full recovery.
  • Options
    Fight it girl,fight it.
  • Options
    Very very sad.
  • Options
    Terrible news, what she has got on her side is her youth, fighting spirit and her fitness.
    Good luck to her.
  • Options
    That's horrible news, good luck girl
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can remember Sergei's debut in English football Ipswich vs Stoke, I was a loose end one Saturday and paid a visit to Portman Road. There is a wonderful you tube video showing his arrival into English football following Glasnost and it shows a young Elena at 6 years old. She has sadly suffered from liver disease since age 19 though did make the world top 50. Like everyone else I sincerely hope she overcomes this latest challenge in her life.
  • Options
    Awful. Very best wishes to Elena and family.
  • Options
    Very sad news, her first liver disease struck just when she was making a name for herself in tennis, she beat that disease though it must have affected her career, fingers crossed she can beat this as well.
  • Options
    It would be dreadful news for anyone to take......but shes only 30....thats just f****** cruel. I can't imagine how scared she must be :((
  • Options
    Good luck to the lass. Her old man was a great player.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you Elena.