Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival discussion thread

Throw up your tips here.........................

Paddy power are doing money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the winner in the Supreme Novices Hurdle which kicks the festival off on Tuesday. A bit of a minefield event, but still a great offer. I've gone for Vautour as I reckon it's the most likely to finish in the top 4 and has a good chance of winning.

Also reckon that Annie Power will beat Big Bucks in the World Hurdle.

Some stats to help those not using the magic pin. Almost peanutsmalloyish.

https://sites.google.com/site/gaultstats/Home

ps join the cheltenham telegraph fantasy league...................

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/60338/cheltenham-festival-telegraph-fantasy-league#latest

Comments

• Options
    Agree with your Annie Power shout

Need to have a proper look this weekend, but also fancy Our Connor in the Champion Hurdle and not a massive fan of his, but can't see Bobs Worth getting beat in the Gold Cup.
  • Options
    Will be there on Tuesday, haven't really looked properly yet but will be having the Mullins horse Vautour in the supreme, and probably MTOY in the Champ Hurdle
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Agreed on Annie power, if you open a Betfair account and use the promotion code ZEP501 you can get Hurricane Fly at an enhanced price of 5/1 max £10 bet

• Options
    There Tuesday and will hopefully be celebrating a Wembley visit.
  • Options
    Coral are offering any new customers a £10 max bet on Quevega at 4/1 (around 4/6 across the board)... ive opened an account for my mrs and my two cats, their kittens and my nan!

#printingmoney
  • Options
    Hmmm. Normally yes. Not sure on her this year, getting on the old girl
  • Options
    Still think she will be there or there abouts
  • Options
    Irving and pendra are the 2 horses where my money has gone.
  • Options
    MTOY for the CH, AP for the WH and Briar Hill will go off even money. Back all three of them now
  • Options
    Which race does briar hill run in?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will go in the neptune or albert bartlett, most likely the latter.
  • Options

Coral are offering any new customers a £10 max bet on Quevega at 4/1 (around 4/6 across the board)... ive opened an account for my mrs and my two cats, their kittens and my nan!

#printingmoney

My Missus is looking to get into gambling for Cheltenham this year-even though she lives in the same house and shares the same bank account, can she open a Coral account, even with me having one already?
  • Options
    I've liked Our Conor for the CH ever since he demolished the field in last years triumph, and I am not going to desert him now. Difficult to see Bobs Worth getting beat in the GC although not great value at around 7/4.
  • Options
    Wouldn't back against the fly. Mullins and Ruby unusually positive about him.
  • Options
    I have always rated Jezki but he aint been able to live with the fly, i fancy the fly big time, i am also gonna have a bet on val solido. He's a Mullins horse aint run since 21st of Dec but jumps so fluently. Fancy Ballycasey, think Sire De Grugy will get beat, backed him last time he ran at Cheltenham and run a stinker. Irving looks a good thing, and Del arca (David Pipe) run a cracker last time he ran at Cheltenham. Think big Bucks will strip fitter following his comeback run, Annie Power is a massive danger but think her inclusion will give Big Bucks's price massive value.
  • Options
    The irish will smash annie power up, she'll go off 5/4 - 1/1 on the day. Fill your boots now. Briar Hill will go Albert Bartlett, talk of the Neptunes as Faugheen was doubtful but he'll go there. Keep on the right side of Mullins and Ruby is no. 1 at Cheltenham, trust me. The 5/4 on top trainer/top jockey is huge value. They got a potential 4 fold on the first day
  • Options
    Yer Faugheen ran a corker last time out
  • Options
    If you back horses via coral they are offering non runner no bet do it in £10's and you get a free £5 bet.
  • Options
    Tap Night and Indian Castle are my main two ante post best.Very interesting stat is that P.Nicholls hasnt trained a winnerand R.Walsh hasnt ridden a winner of a chase race at the festival since 2009,
  • Options
    HandG said:

#printingmoney

My Missus is looking to get into gambling for Cheltenham this year-even though she lives in the same house and shares the same bank account, can she open a Coral account, even with me having one already?
    Dont think you can if you have the same bank account

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm liking the look of Cup Final in the Neptune chase.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

I'm liking the look of Cup Final in the Neptune chase.

LOL.
    It's a hurdle actually Chief and, though he's not JP McManus' or Henderson's most obvious chance in the race and not on most punters' radar screens, he could surprise.
    I had a nibble yesterday at 50/1 e/w (NRNB with Victor). A son of Asian Maze and Presenting he will relish the step up to 21 furlongs and the drying ground. Was far from disgraced behind Irving and Amore Alato last time (staying on 3rd) and if he doesn't figure it will be because he wants even further and this is a seriously competitive race but at 50/1 he's well worth a small interest IMO.

PS Cheers for the stats-link Abs...............and I thought I had a problem :o)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    On His Own supplemented for the Gold Cup.............now Punchestown Gold Cup is one thing after his Bobbyjo win but the Real Thing?..............I don't think so.
  • Options
    Peanuts - yep, also tempted with Corals NRNB 50-1 today AND £5 free bet match offer currently running on any Cheltenham race. Makes sense.
  • Options

On His Own supplemented for the Gold Cup.............now Punchestown Gold Cup is one thing after his Bobbyjo win but the Real Thing?..............I don't think so.

Can keep teaforthree company.
  • Options
    Don't back the jolly in the supreme!
  • Options

Can keep teaforthree company.
    Just a loosener before going head to head with the Dude Abs.......
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Tony McCoy's little 7 month old boy Archie is in hospital, he underwent heart surgery yesterday ... I am sure that we all wish Archie and his family all the very best and a swift recovery (though not all the best to jockey McCoy in the races in which he is matched against any of my choices !) ... ((:>)
  • Options
    AP now to ride Triolo d'Alene (said to be flying at home) in the GC - enough for me. Taken 14/1 with BetVic e/w.
  • Options
    First of all, first post on here so hello. I think that only a charlton game beats the festival, and this year I have a couple of very strong fancies.

Supreme Novices: VAUTOR WIN and WESTERN BOY E/W
    Arkle: VALDEZ E/W NB
    Champion Hurdle: OUR CONNOR WIN

Neptune: RED SHERLOCK WIN
    RSA: CORRIN WOOD E/W
    CORAL CUP: VENDOR E/W
    Cross Country: BALTAZHAR KING WIN

World Hurdle: ANNIE POWER WIN NAP