Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Netflix

I seem to spend far longer trawling through the website, than I do watching. Just wondered if anyone has any good suggestions of what to watch on it, before I start Breaking Bad again ?
Also, does anyone know how I change the IP address on my PS4 so I can get the America version with far more choices of viewing ?

Comments

• Options
    Not sure about doing it on PS4, but easy enough to do on PS3. This video seems to be what you're looking for (I've not watched it)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GXqzNcOPWg
  • Options
    Sweet cheers, il give it a go. Ive managed to use my iphone as a hotspot for netflix via ps4 without a single glitch yet, I knew it would work for system updates but am shocked the connection is strong enough for movies.
  • Options
    Some good documentaries on there.
  • Options
    I changed my isp on xbox to get the american netfix which is far superior than the UK version which i thought is very poor.
  • Options

I changed my isp on xbox to get the american netfix which is far superior than the UK version which i thought is very poor.

Agree that the US has tons more content, but good to have both, as certain films/programmes not available on one, but are on the other. I just switch between the two when needed................
  • Options
    Nice1 Tango, that worked
  • Options
    Sons of anarchy
  • Options
    charltonJ said:

Sons of anarchy

Funny enough that is what I've decided on :), never seen it but heard good things. Just watching a documentary about meth in Portland Oregon, that's one scary drug !
  • Options
    Lillyhammer is one i've just got in to. It's brilliant
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

That was the other option I nearly went with :), just was unsure if it was going to seem like a bad sopranos spin off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Louis Theroux documentaries are good. Plenty of other good tv series to watch.
  • Options
    Comedies:

Arrested Development
    The League
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    The Office (US)

Dramas:

House of Cards
    Dexter
    Chuck

The US version has even more with the likes of 30 Rock etc.
  • Options
    House of cards, orange is the new black are both very good
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    shine166 said:

DeeBee said:

That was the other option I nearly went with :), just was unsure if it was going to seem like a bad sopranos spin off
    Steven Van Zandz character is basically the same as Silvio from Sopranos, but this is alot more light hearted, almost a comedy.

Not a TV classic but fun to watch now and then.

I'd strongly suggest Hell on wheels. Top programme. First 2 series are currently on U.S Netflix.

Cullen Bohannon, a former soldier and slaveholder, follows the track of a band of Union soldiers, the killers of his wife. This brings him to the middle of one of the biggest projects in US history, the building of the transcontinental railroad. After the war years in the 1860s, this undertaking connected the prospering east with the still wild west. (copied from IMDB)...............
  • Options
    Loving lilyhammer, nice and easy to watch.. Can even paint to it which is good.
  • Options
    just started house of cards, love it already!
  • Options

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I can attest to that, my favourite comedy around at the moment. Be warned that it is rather un-PC.

I think I'll give Lilyhammer a go, I've just gotten availability to Netflix. Silvio was an amusing character in The Sopranos.
  • Options
    Game of Thrones, dont have netflix but started watching this year and its brilliant.
  • Options

Game of Thrones, dont have netflix but started watching this year and its brilliant.

I don't believe any HBO series are on netflix because HBO is a seperate monthly subscription service. But agreed, GOT is brilliant.

• Options
    I bought a roku box last month and the best thing about it is that the remote has a headphone socket in it . Invaluable when you have kids .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't believe any HBO series are on netflix because HBO is a seperate monthly subscription service. But agreed, GOT is brilliant.

Not strictly true. Rome is a HBO series, but it on Netflix, but now I've checked, it seems to be about the only one............
  • Options
    Rather than starting a new thread I thought I would write it on here

I have watched a few episodes of Suits(when I say watched I mean it was on it the background when I did ironing or something) and thought it was ok, then when the latest series was on Dave I really got into the last 3 episodes, so I decided to watch the whole thing on Netflix.

due to work and football I have just finished the 2nd series, went to start the 3rd and its not on there, does anyone know of anyway I could watch the 3rd series.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I have watched a few episodes of Suits(when I say watched I mean it was on it the background when I did ironing or something) and thought it was ok, then when the latest series was on Dave I really got into the last 3 episodes, so I decided to watch the whole thing on Netflix.

due to work and football I have just finished the 2nd series, went to start the 3rd and its not on there, does anyone know of anyway I could watch the 3rd series.

EDIT: Dodgy advertising on there, probably NSFW.

http://watchseries.lt/serie/suits

Series 3 and 4 on there. It's a quality TV programme, a personal favourite.
  • Options
    If you have an Android device download Showbox, Suits is on there
  • Options
    Presuming you have a legitimate Netflix account and you don't mind downloading and installing applications from the internet (you accept the warnings/dangers etc), the likes of hola.org installs to your browser and disguises your UK address and let you see the American content from the yank netflix site. I don't know if they have the series you're after, but I did this for a good few months and watched loads of great stuff not available on the UK netflix site.
  • Options
    MOBY DUCK said:

Presuming you have a legitimate Netflix account and you don't mind downloading and installing applications from the internet (you accept the warnings/dangers etc), the likes of hola.org installs to your browser and disguises your UK address and let you see the American content from the yank netflix site. I don't know if they have the series you're after, but I did this for a good few months and watched loads of great stuff not available on the UK netflix site.

A guy a work told me to do this, but he was told about it through a friend and has not tried it himself yet, so I was not sure weather to trust this
    colthe3rd said:

If you have an Android device download Showbox, Suits is on there

I have actually just got an Android so might take a look at that

EDIT: Dodgy advertising on there, probably NSFW.

http://watchseries.lt/serie/suits

Series 3 and 4 on there. It's a quality TV programme, a personal favourite.
    It is quality and would advise anyone who has not seen it to watch it
    not sure who is my favourite but I think Mike just about edges Harvey
  • Options
    and thanks for the suggestions @Addickted2TheReds @colthe3rd @MobyDuck when I saw series 3 was not on there I was fuming but I thought I know CL will have the answer and it did again, CL never fails
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I must read threads before posting
  • Options
    Hola is brilliant. You can definitely trust it Paulie. Just open up the extension in your browser and set your location to the country you're after and magic will happen.

Helped me with blocked YouTube content etc. many times.
  • Options
    Orange is the new black