Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Festival 2014

Anyone going this year or had any good ante post bets worth noting? Most of mine gone down the pan mainly with the withdrawls of Apache Stronghold, Cue Card and Sprinter Sacre!

Comments

• Options
    5 Charlton boys going on Wednesday. The same day as the rearranged Hudds game :-(
  • Options
    Cheltenham to The Valley in 2.5 hours?
  • Options

Cheltenham to The Valley in 2.5 hours?

I've worked out to get back for KO, I'd have to see 4 races & miss the last 3.

The 16.26 train gets to Paddington about 18.30. Should be able to make KO from that.
  • Options
    You're actually doing it? You're mad! I'd pick Chelters a million times over to be honest. One week a year and not half as much dissapointment (if you don't bet)
  • Options
    I'll decide on the day. I think 3/4 will stay, but I'm likely to go.

I've only missed about 5 home games in 40+ years.

If we're at home I have to go.
  • Options
    Fair enough, can't fault you! You done any ante post bets?
  • Options
    Done rock on ruby in the arkle got 12's at the time.
    Done dynaste ew in the gold cup (nrnb) but sounds like it will go in the Ryanair.
  • Options
    I'm going gold cup day and I can't wait been looking forward to it for months
  • Options
    Always do the Tuesday, pretty out of touch this year.
  • Options
    I'll be there on Gold Cup day. My only ante post fancy, The Tullow Tank, doesn't run !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be there all week as usual, best week of the year for me. Can't see Bob's Worth getting beat in the Gold Cup and fancy Our Connor in the Champion Hurdle. Other than that haven't a clue who will win.
  • Options
    I'll be there on Thursday.

Bobs Worth for the Gold Cup
  • Options
    I backed Annie Power for the champ hurdle, she is now declared for the long distance v Big Bucks .. Mullins has a very strong line up in the hurdle races .. pity is that this means that too often, the best horses are not matched against one another.
    DRUGS/STEROIDS: The Tullow Tank has been withdrawn by its owner as the trainer Philip Fenton has been found in possession of anabolic steroids .. this happened TWO YEARS ago and has only just come to light. Barry Connell, Tullow's owner does not want to run his horse when any suspicion of doping is in the air. Fenton also trains the O'Leary owned LAST INSTALMENT, a fancy for the Gold Cup and a recent winner of a big prize in Ireland.
    To my mind, Irish racing as a whole is now under a dark cloud. However, the horse and beef (do not confuse the 2 lol) industries are so vital to the Irish economy that I suspect the whole affair will be airbrushed until it is as pristine and clean as an Irish whistle
  • Options
    ^^^ Just found this on the BBC site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/horse-racing/26328924
  • Options
    Tuesday and Wednesday for me this year - possibly Thursday if I've got any functioning in my liver (or money!) left.

One of the highlights of the sporting calendar without a doubt.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I shall be spending Cheltenham Gold Cup Day in a succession of boozers and bookies, as I always do.

Winning! (Except in the literal sense of the word.)
  • Options

Done rock on ruby in the arkle got 12's at the time.
    Done dynaste ew in the gold cup (nrnb) but sounds like it will go in the Ryanair.

Also got Rock on Ruby at 12's. 5's generally now.

Dynaste will 80% be at the Ryanair I believe.

I've got First Leiutenant for the Gold Cup, for me it's the each way bet of the meeting, am kind of hoping First Instalment doesn't go there