Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pub's for people that can't make 1/4 final

Just thinking it would be good if we got as many Charlton fans in the same pubs for the quater final that can't make it.
Who's going where and what pubs are showing the game , id like to go to a pub around welling/Charlton with as many Charlton fans to creat an atmosphere like the Wednesday game in the liberal and the pub at Mottingham.

Comments

• Options
    Me and a mate are trying to do the same round a Charlton pub

At the moment were heading for the Bugle Horn in the Village but I dont think they open on a Sunday until 12 so not 100% sure of there yet
  • Options
    Think the liberal might be showing it but not sure yet , but the bugle is an option but not so good if it opens at 12
  • Options
    pretty sure they'll open early
  • Options
    I imagine they'll open early. I'll try and find out for you.
  • Options
    I know the Hardys in Greenwich has BT Sport, and there's usually a couple of charlton fan's floating around there.
  • Options
    moleo88 said:

I know the Hardys in Greenwich has BT Sport, and there's usually a couple of charlton fan's floating around there.

I think that is where myself and a couple of others are planning to go at the moment.
  • Options
    Come over my gaff! Had bt sport for ages no entrance fee
  • Options
    I can't make the match as I fly back to the country only a few hours before KO, so will be in Hardys at Maze Hill too....couple of pints of Guinness, hopefully a win and then back home for a snooze...hurrah.
  • Options
    Anyone know pubs in the herne bay/Canterbury area that will be showing the game?
  • Options
    Do we need to bring name tags if we're all going to the same pub with us going round the room with introductions like when Powell did his teamtalk v Wigan lol!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Do we need to bring name tags if we're all going to the same pub with us going round the room with introductions like when Powell did his teamtalk v Wigan lol!

Post-It notes on foreheads FA, sorted :)
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Post-It notes on foreheads FA, sorted :)
    Was thinking red carnations more... :)
  • Options
    I'm not going to ask in case I don't get a straight answer. But I'm almost sure the bugle will be open by 11.30 for pre match pint pouring.
  • Options
    In Hardy's with Red Murph and a few other Addicks, then off to The Pelton for celebratory / commiseratory drinks.
  • Options
    Has hardys got big screen and is it a big pub ?
  • Options
    Hardys is a fair size pub but not massive...quite long and thin.. They have 3 or 4 TV's dotted around the pub.. They used to have a big screen which came down over the front window, but not seen that in action for a while, so no idea if it's still there... Best Guinness around though, if you are in to that...
  • Options
    Cheers sounds good option .
  • Options
    I'll be stuck up in Kings Cross, but I emailed the Euston Flyer and apparently they'll be showing the game. They advised me to get there early though, because you can't reserve tables for "busy football matches".

They do know its little old Sheff Utd vs little old Charlton, right?
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Cheers sounds good option .

If it turns out you do go there Yann. Not sure if you're going with others or not but drop me a PM and you're more than welcome to join myself, CHG and a few others for a beer fella.
  • Options
    Cheers mate should be going with couple other Charlton , but the more Charlton fans the better aye!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know a pub (preferably with cask ales) showing the game near London Bridge?

My tale of woe is that living in and supporting Dumbarton and making half a dozen or so trips to The Valley every season I decided to head down to the Watford game originally scheduled for 8th. I didn't bother checking q-f dates because Dumbarton and Charlton must have the worst cup records in Scotland and England respectively. Upshot is that Dumbarton have made the Scottish q-f for the first time in 30 years (although the only one not being shown on TV) and of course CAFC's game is on Sunday when I must travel back late afternoon, so need a pub close to London Bridge to get train to Gatwick.

Absolutely scunnered!!
  • Options
    Close to London Bridge with TV - Barrowboy and Banker on London Bridge - Big youngs pub
  • Options
    I will be in Bexleyheath for the game, was thinking of The Volly or Rose (both have bt) - is there a pub that will be packed with Charlton local ? (mind you, sounds like will be a ghost town with everyone up there)
  • Options
    O'Niells in Bromley
  • Options
    I've just been told that The Star on Plumstead common will have BT sport by next Sunday.
  • Options
    pickwick said:

Close to London Bridge with TV - Barrowboy and Banker on London Bridge - Big youngs pub

Cheers Pickwick, appreciate the advice!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I've just been told that The Star on Plumstead common will have BT sport by next Sunday.

The ship on plumstead common will have it on aswell.
  • Options

Anyone know pubs in the herne bay/Canterbury area that will be showing the game?

Will likely to be trying to find one too!!
  • Options
    I'm looking in the Snodland area though might just jump in a train and watch in London for a change if scenery
  • Options
    Anyone is quite welcome to join my two sons and me in the Saints pub in Millbrook. I've spoke to the guvnor and he is definitely gonna make sure it's on for us to watch. COYR.