Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Wonder of you

Reading through a thread about famous songs that have become club anthems, It got me thinking about an evening game with Port Vale back in the mid 90s. A few mins before the teams took to the field,the wonder of you by Elvis started to play and it seemed everyone in the away end joined in and started to sing along. Does anyone on here remember that night and did you join in?. Would love to try it again and see if it catches on as the lyrics are quite fitting really.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry mate, I wasn't born then so I can't recall it
  • Options
    It's Port Vale's main song., quite like it but no need for us to steal it!
  • Options
    Oh didn't realise it was there song, pretty shaw it was only CAFC singing it that night though.
  • Options
    Great song and remember the night well, I also remember a 1-1 draw up there around the same time where we were in seats along the side, a fair bit of trouble outside and all singing Minne Rippertons Loving You, especially the La La La bit
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Great song and remember the night well, I also remember a 1-1 draw up there around the same time where we were in seats along the side, a fair bit of trouble outside and all singing Minne Rippertons Loving You, especially the La La La bit

Few pairs of Y fronts must have been hoisted up tight to make those high notes !!

• Options
    I love that song , have it as a ringtone on my phone.

"The Wonder Of You"

When no-one else can understand me
    When everything I do is wrong
    You give me hope and consolation
    You give me strength to carry on
    And you're always there to lend a hand
    In everything I do
    That's the wonder
    The wonder of you
    And when you smile the world is brighter
    You touch my hand and I'm a king
    Your kiss to me is worth a fortune
    Your love for me is everything
    I'll guess I'll never know the reason why
    You love me like you do
    That's the wonder
    The wonder of you
  • Options
    Was that the game Gritty came on as sub and scored the equaliser March / April time?
  • Options
    Arsenal also use this one, not sure who used it first
  • Options
    Things can only get better at man United was good by us at half time