Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MOT needed

Anyone know a decent place that won't tell you everything needs replacing when it does not?

Live in SE2

Comments

• Options
    This place in Deptford. All they do is MOT so they won't tell you stuff needs doing that doesn't as it's not in their interest. Always take mine there.

http://www.thetestcentre.co.uk/station_page.asp?pid=2836
  • Options
    NOT the place in upper wickham lame in welling. Aldock and Vidler? They DO tell you everything needs replacing.
  • Options
    My friend Dave at the back of the Three Blackbirds, Blendon, Bexley. Been using him for years, as do loads of people in the area. Let me know if you want his number.
  • Options
    Riverside Motors in Troughton Road, SE7. Honest Johns.
  • Options

My friend Dave at the back of the Three Blackbirds, Blendon, Bexley. Been using him for years, as do loads of people in the area. Let me know if you want his number.

Yes please need to check when the Mrs can get there does he do Saturdays do you know?

if not the Deptford one looks good as they collect and she works Kidbrooke

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Several councils do MOT testing as well, same rules as where Buckshee mentioned.

I've avoided garages like the plague for MOT testing in recent years. Funnily enough, I've not a single fail in the last 5 MOTs.

EDIT: Didn't realise you were in Abbey Wood. Greenwich Council do them at their Birchmere Depot, check here for details.
  • Options
    Leftbehind, his number is 07921 390407. Works most Saturdays as far as I know.
  • Options
    in keith lemons finest accent

MOT MOT MOT MOT , I do love a good motting
  • Options
    Citreon Centre on Erith Marshes
  • Options
    buckshee said:

This place in Deptford. All they do is MOT so they won't tell you stuff needs doing that doesn't as it's not in their interest. Always take mine there.

Taken my missus' 1993 Renault Clio there for the last two years. Passed with flying colours first time round in 2012, got a pass with an advisory on the rear tyre treads last year. There's nothing wrong with the car, but I reckon there's plenty of places around that would have seen a 21 year old car as an opportunity to come up with all sorts of supposedly necessary work.
    Highly recommend this place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just at the right time this thread. Usual place that sorts me out has charged my mate some dubious stuff recently. May well try this Test Centre place.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

buckshee said:

Taken my missus' 1993 Renault Clio there for the last two years. Passed with flying colours first time round in 2012, got a pass with an advisory on the rear tyre treads last year. There's nothing wrong with the car, but I reckon there's plenty of places around that would have seen a 21 year old car as an opportunity to come up with all sorts of supposedly necessary work.
    Highly recommend this place.
    Jesus tight wad. you need to dig your hands into those deep pockets and buy your mrs a new motor!!!!
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Booked a collection from the Mrs place of work for tomorrow, very nice and very helpful, so thats a good start

• Options
    I get through Dynes near Slade Green station relatively unscathed.
  • Options

I get through Dynes near Slade Green station relatively unscathed.

Ditto this. Taken both ours and my sons up there within the last 3 months. Both failed but were valid but plenty of passes went through while I was waiting and they're cheap as well. Paid £22.50 for ours and £25.00 for the boys. Plus you can book online.

• Options
    Used Mersh Bros now in Bellingham, used to be in Lewisham, for years. Very straight with me, never had any issues.
  • Options
    Always use Apollo Auto's in Erith and have never had any problems
  • Options
    Dynes, Thames road near Dartford £30.
  • Options
    Cheers @buckshee. Booked online last night, took car in at 7.30, all done with a brand new MOT. Professional and friendly, and if you don't pass you don't pay. Highly recommend.

Now queueing at The Valley!
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Used it bloke was due to pick up car at 8am from the Mrs place of work was there ready and waiting when she got in at 7.50am car MOT'd and returned by 9.20am, just a warning rear offside tyre is close to the legal limit and will need replacing very soon.

Friendly fast service no problems would use again