Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your Sheffield Utd plans (8th & 9th March)

Interested to see how everyone is approaching this game, and how many are going out their way to cheer the lads on!

Travelling down on the Sat via train, in the pub by 4 for the Spuds v Chelsea match, Hilton for the night, match and train home at 4! All with a Milton Keynes Dons fan, lol

Also may be a handy thread to give ideas to those still yet to plan! Who's going to the furthest lengths to get themselves there??

Comments

• Cant make the match (really wish I could go) so gonna go to a pub in Charlton with a mate... Cheer on the lads from there
  • Thinking about going up by train on Saturday, stay in hotel and come back on Monday morning.
  • Train up on Saturday, night out in Sheffield, stay at Jurys Inn, wake up, Bramell Lane, train back Sunday evening
  • edited February 2014
    hoping there is a coach fairly close to me, train from down here plus a hotel isn't exactly cheap
  • Now working in Warrington, Sat afternoon, hotel booked in premier inn in Angel Street, Sheffield. Got a 9 seater MPV through work. Waiting for TelMc32 to come back to me on numbers. Not cost me a penny.
  • Driving up on sat in time for chelsea spurs staying at jury's inn the back after the game
  • All on the beer up to Leeds saturday, down to sheffield sunday
  • waiting for coach details first then I'll let you all know
  • 5 hour + train trip from Totnes to Luton on 8th, drive to the game sunday morning. Then hopefully back at a pub in Luton by 6om celebrating getting to Wembley.
  • Driving up on the Sunday morning. 5 of us, so cheap petrol and back home for the semi final draw!
  • Sponsored links:

• Driving up Saturday with my nephew, staying with my brother in Barton-upon-Humber on Saturday night then me, my nephew and my brother are off to Sheffield Sunday morning. Drop my brother back in Barton after the game then home.
  • Train up Saturday midday, stay in the Novotel, back home on the 17.40.
  • Either train or drive Sat night then stay over.
  • Plan a) get train from Grimsby to Sheffield arriving at 11:40 then a brisk walk to ground to meet my old man and uncle at ground who are driving up from margate

Plan b) persuade dad and uncle to come up saturday and stay in spare bedroom drive across to Sheffield then train back to Grimsby while they make long drive back to margate

• Phoned my Mum last night to inform her that I was inviting myself for Sunday lunch that weekend, as they've got BT Sport. (This is not quite as cheeky as it sounds, as we'd already discussed doing something that weekend depending on who was showing the game & when - if it'd been on Sky I'd have been taking them out for a pub lunch)
  • Coach on 9th from Bexleyheath
  • Is there any decent parking near BL?
  • train up sat evening hotel train bk sunday evening :)

Guessing as its Sunday street parking wouldn't be a prob as there wouldn't be any restrictions in place
  • Train from London on Saturday just before 4.
    Jury's inn (back bar for the clique. Bring your c/life badge).
    About 4:45 leave Sheffield on Sunday.
  • Sponsored links:

Guessing as its Sunday street parking wouldn't be a prob as there wouldn't be any restrictions in place
    That's what I thought, just wondered if anyone knew of any decent streets or parking areas near the stadium.
  • I'm away skiing that weekend in France. Did not even contemplate the possibility of us being in the quarter final when I booked just after the Oxford replay. Absolutely gutted. Going with a colleague who is a big Wednesday fan so we knew one of us was going to be missing out. On the plus side, he'll be cheering us on as much as me...

Will have to find some bar in the resort showing the game but I fear it's gonna be rammed full of twats waiting for the egg-chasing to come on after.

From a purely personal perspective, would love to take them back to the Valley for a night game and win it there having drawn Sunderland in the semi-final. I reckon that could produce an atmosphere to rival Ipswich in 98.
  • first ... apply for a ticket .. I spoke to the ticket office this a.m., they are expecting a terrific demand
  • Train up on Saturday, Jury's Inn that night, train back after the game on Sunday. On my own at this rate!
  • I'm away skiing that weekend in France. Did not even contemplate the possibility of us being in the quarter final when I booked just after the Oxford replay. Absolutely gutted. Going with a colleague who is a big Wednesday fan so we knew one of us was going to be missing out. On the plus side, he'll be cheering us on as much as me...

Will have to find some bar in the resort showing the game but I fear it's gonna be rammed full of twats waiting for the egg-chasing to come on after.

From a purely personal perspective, would love to take them back to the Valley for a night game and win it there having drawn Sunderland in the semi-final. I reckon that could produce an atmosphere to rival Ipswich in 98.

Where you going Paul? Pretty much every resort in the Alps I've been to has a sportsbar where they will pretty much put anything on. It will be a 1pm kick off your time too, so bars will be pretty empty as everyone will be out skiing
  • Morzine. Ever been? Yeh I know there'll be a couple of sports bars no doubt, I'm just worried about the sodding Six Nations. Literally cannot stand rugby and it always winds me up when it's on and suddenly takes precedent over football in pubs.

Regardless, my first job on arrival will be to hunt out an appropriate hostelry, demand to speak to the proprietor and refuse to leave until he gives me satisfactory assurance that he will be showing the whole game without interruption or dispute!
  • Morzine. Ever been? Yeh I know there'll be a couple of sports bars no doubt, I'm just worried about the sodding Six Nations. Literally cannot stand rugby and it always winds me up when it's on and suddenly takes precedent over football in pubs.

Regardless, my first job on arrival will be to hunt out an appropriate hostelry, demand to speak to the proprietor and refuse to leave until he gives me satisfactory assurance that he will be showing the whole game without interruption or dispute!

Yup! There's a bar called Cavern, an opposite is a really decent sports bar. Can't remember the name off hand but its opposite Cavern. They've let me watch a Charlton game in there before!

You should be alright with the rugby, not for 3 hours after our game kicks off.
  • First I plan to have a leisurely breakfast before strolling to York station to catch the 9.30 train. Get to Sheffield for 10.35. Then I plan on having a couple of pints of Fosters top before sauntering to the Lane to witness a fine 4-1 Addicks victory.

Lovely.
  • Drive up with son Saturday evening stay probably in Premier Inn around Leicester/Nottingham on M1 then last bit Sunday morning straight back after game