Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

Comments

• Options
    well pissed off
  • Options
    doesn't matter we are only the fans.
  • Options
    Hudders 2 days later again.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If we win we can all be back in the lib by 6 getting ruined all night
  • Options
    The OB have made this decision, as they have told all their boys about having O/T on that day.
  • Options

better than a late slot on a Sunday I suppose but Saturday would have been better , i'll be there anyway with a son or two

Least we would have been able to get there easier and had the pre-match build up with that, even if it did mean a late finish!
    This just ruins every aspect of it!
  • Options
    As someone mentioned in another thread, in an earlier round they made Southampton play in a 12.30 kick off at Sunderland, so tv companies gave up caring about the fans a long time ago.
  • Options
    Anyone know if they will run anymore trains at all?
  • Options
    what about Hudds at home the following Tuesday?
  • Options
    driving up now meaning no booze. load of shite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Football sold its soul ages ago, I agree you lose all the pre match and by the looks of it some work will need to be done to sort a chuff chuff out ,

but its not as if we are travelling to Hull or Sunderland that would've been worse
  • Options

No difference from just happened, game on Sat / Mon.
  • Options

And no booze = no atmosphere
  • Options
    Such a lifeless unfootball decision
  • Options
    I'm driving up the night before. Night out in Sheffield, £50 for a travelodge, then drive down after the game. Perfect weekend
  • Options

only for the driver, we drove to Carlisle and it was one of the booziest and other fun recreational activities in ages apart from the poor driver
  • Options

Not sure I totally agree with that. Yes, early kick-offs are harder to make an atmosphere but if we can't create one at an FA Cup semi-final then I think we give up...
  • Options
    NO drinking time before I reckon you need to be leaving 7am absolute garbage
  • Options
    Outrageous; the kick off time for Man Citeh v Wigan has had to be pushed back 5 mins. You can't treat them like this!!!!! And the 13:30 kickoff put back 30 mins.
  • Options

Not sure I totally agree with that. Yes, early kick-offs are harder to make an atmosphere but if we can't create one at an FA Cup semi-final then I think we give up...
    It's a quarter final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have the furthest to travel and the earliest train doesn't get in (if on time) til 7 mins after kick off. So how have we got the earliest kickoff?
  • Options

No difference from just happened, game on Sat / Mon.
    Both teams played on Saturday in that case mate.

This is not great for me, but could have been worse. I have to take friends to the airport at 2, so I will get to see the game, but it would have been nice to have a drink on one of the two occasions this season when we have been on "proper" television. Absolute garbage for those of you travelling - I have tried to complain on the FA website but there's no way to do so by e-mail. The feedback form they talk about simply does not exist in reality.
  • Options
    I don't 'expect' anything from Charlton apart from battling performances on the pitch but perhaps they can use some of that TV money to get 4,000 fans to Sheffield. A great chance for the club and RD to shine.
  • Options
    it will happen VG a train will be put on I don't doubt
  • Options

I reckon the club should appeal to the FA & TV companies and tell them we wont play - if the fans can't get there what is the friggin point !!!

someone needs to make a stand.

Anyone on here called Custer?
  • Options
    Come on guys, agree its a shit time but lets all make every effort to get as many up there to cheer on the lads as possible, biggest game for us for some time.
  • Options
    I reckon Rick is being called as we speak...
  • Options

7.45 on a friday/5.30 on a saturday, full away end, trains up there, a lot of fans drinking for a large part of the day, game under floodlights..........versus..................midday sunday, no drinking, reduced away numbers, game at an awful time of day.

What do you reckon would produce the better atmosphere?
  • Options

best result for me so I am well chuffed, CAFC can lay on coaches or a train sorry for being selfish but its perfect for me

Baby being born sometime Monday
    Dog showing at crufts Sat
    CAFC winning and getting to semi final at Wembley Sunday

Thought you might be pleased we are at Crufts on Friday so that was the last day I wanted.