Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

Comments

• Options
    DanDavis said:

What happened to the Saturday night slot that was being touted around? Is it because Sky have Southampton v Liverpool on that evening and BT wouldn't want to go head to head?

Sky have Chelsea v Spurs on that Saturday.
  • Options

My theory fwiw.

BT had games scheduled Friday night.

Saturday slots were already taken.

Charlton didn't want to play Monday, as we have a game on Tuesday.

That leaves Sunday at 12.00 or 18.00 or leave it untelevised on Saturady at 3pm.

BT have Dartford v Chester Friday night, they have a German game on at 5.30 Saturday but as our date on Sunday clashes with their coverage of a Serie A game that should not be an issue either. No reason either of those slots could not have been used.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Is it realistic to park at Chesterfield Station and travel in?
    Or even a bit further south than Chesterfield?

You can park there.
    Due to a landslide journey 30 mins instead of ~10 mins

Consider derby as well
    Any news of when the landslide might be fixed?
    Thought about Alfreton too.

• Options
    Well I have emailed the FA and await their response but I wont hold my breath. It has totally screwed it for myself and 3 sons but I know they will come back and say its for TV rights. It explains why the FA cup is losing its glamour TV before loyal fans.
  • Options
    No flights I can find either
  • Options
    It's days like this I rue having no mates who are Charlton fans.

Managed to convince one of my friends to go Leiscter at the weekend because he used to go Uni there, tried the same tactic for the Sheffield United game on another mate, but he was not keen.

Somebody please be my friend. :(.
  • Options
    FishCostaFortune: A few people have started a convos action on lift sharing to drive up. Ask them!

Do not lose hope fellow Addick!
  • Options
    Really low right now, just looked up my best option to be able to do this game with everything else i have to fit in around it, gonna cost me the best part of£200 and i can't help but agree with my GF that it is to much when we have so much other real life stuff to pay for right now.

As for me it would be Ferry to Southampton and then Train to Sheffield on the Saturday, night in a hotel and then same route back on the Sunday afternoon.

Feel like a terrible fan but looking like im gonna have to accept watching this one in the pub.

If only the game was Friday or Saturday evening and it would not be a problem for me. :-(

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Booked hotel with breakfast £57, now just got to persuade mate to drive.
  • Options

Really low right now, just looked up my best option to be able to do this game with everything else i have to fit in around it, gonna cost me the best part of£200 and i can't help but agree with my GF that it is to much when we have so much other real life stuff to pay for right now.

As for me it would be Ferry to Southampton and then Train to Sheffield on the Saturday, night in a hotel and then same route back on the Sunday afternoon.

Feel like a terrible fan but looking like im gonna have to accept watching this one in the pub.

If only the game was Friday or Saturday evening and it would not be a problem for me. :-(

Yes the other half and I are discussing the same thing. It's going to cost us at least a couple of hundred and we're in Sidcup. Petrol will be a killer plus a nights stay somewhere... :/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Eff me , a ferry from Gretna Grenn to Southampton - thats a long ferry.
  • Options
    But we're doing it! When are we next going to be in the quarters?! :)
  • Options
    I'm in. Don't care when it's on. When are tickets available? Haven't read thru the rest of the pages as am on phone!
  • Options

I never thought id be missing living in Scotland but right now stuck on the Isle of Wight im regretting the move. ;-)
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

I'm in. Don't care when it's on. When are tickets available? Haven't read thru the rest of the pages as am on phone!

Tickets go on sale this Thursday.
  • Options

May be of interest to those planning to travel up on Saturday. I have just booked up.

14.26 from St Pancras arriving Sheffield at 16.41 (£12)
    Jury's Inn Hotel (£29)
    Coach back from Meadowhall after the game Sunday afternoon (£6) - can either get 14.30 or 17.05

You'll never make the 14.30
  • Options

It's going to have to be a Saturday night out in Sheffield job! There are some cheap premier inns for £30 a night WITH full English!!! ;)

Just checked premier inn and Sheffield one is £70 on the 8th march.

• Options

Booked hotel with breakfast £57, now just got to persuade mate to drive.

Other half and I have done the same thing. Sorted! :)
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Who remembers the coach to Halifax a couple of seasons ago? Left Well Hall at 5something. I'm pretty sure that was a 12.30 kick off.

Yeah, and the f****** thing still could not get to the ground much before 12.10
  • Options

To be fair though, you'd have to do most of that anyway wouldn't you - other than the overnight stay?

Sell it to your missus as a chance for the two of you to get away and have a nice mini-break. Promise her a steak supper and a bit of slap and tickle in the hotel and she'll come round.
    ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1StevieG said:

Tickets go on sale this Thursday.
    Cheers.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Who remembers the coach to Halifax a couple of seasons ago? Left Well Hall at 5something. I'm pretty sure that was a 12.30 kick off.

Midday kick off that one as well. Remember getting to bexleyheath at some ridiculous time.
  • Options

It's going to have to be a Saturday night out in Sheffield job! There are some cheap premier inns for £30 a night WITH full English!!! ;)

StoneRoses, check out the St. Mary's Gate one....
  • Options

I never thought id be missing living in Scotland but right now stuck on the Isle of Wight im regretting the move. ;-)
    ok , i get it.
    Gretna, have a word with @bc_addick. he goes regularly from Fareham - i'm sure he wouldnt mind a little detour.
    If not, then check out the flights from Southampton airport to Leeds - that might be an option.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Off_it said:

To be fair though, you'd have to do most of that anyway wouldn't you - other than the overnight stay?

Sell it to your missus as a chance for the two of you to get away and have a nice mini-break. Promise her a steak supper and a bit of slap and tickle in the hotel and she'll come round.
    ;-)
    Get BT sport, Beer, takeaway and stop the worrying. You can't help living abroad ;)
  • Options

£71 according to the page I'm on
  • Options

£71 according to the page I'm on
    How about putting it in via Trip Advisor?? It'll divert you to Booking.com or something similar.
  • Options

Off_it said:

;-)
    Worth a try but unfortunately if it was the other nights i have elaborate plans that would be a lot cheaper with added incentives to make it an easier sell to her.

Heartbroken that i will probably not be making it but will enjoy the semi final twice as much to make up for it.

Feel like a glory hunter now, well if that was possible as a Charlton fan. ;-)
  • Options
    If more than ten rooms have been booked online in the last 2 hours the system will naturally ramp the price up - it senses a wedding or similar