Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

Comments

• Options
    The thing is, even if a train is organised, I wouldn't trust it to get there on time anyway !

Does the game the following Tuesday get pushed back to the Wednesday (hope so)
  • Options
    No wonder it took such a long time. They've had to confer with six clubs on the time of our game. Ridiculous,, all because Chelsea are playing at 5 on Saturday.
  • Options

Its a horrible kick off time admittedly but the atmosphere thing works for both sides - I bet their lot would have preferred 5.15 on the Saturday.

You shouldnt need a booze to make a noise at a cup QF

I agree with Southend...the 'lack' of atmosphere may play into our hands.

Although I completely agree it a terrible start time and it sucks watching here on the East coast.....a nice 7am Sunday kick off time FFS

• Options
    Will give it a miss pissed off
  • Options
    Can't do the Saturday night, so coach and a large bottle of "ahem" diet coke.
  • Options
    dunno if been mentioned before, but everyone saying we won't sell out the allocation. The tragic 'Operation Riverside' mission back in the day was (I'm fairly certain) a Tues/Weds night, the club laid on coaches and there were thousands of us there. That was midweek, a night game and much further than Sheffield. Think it might have been school holiday at the time as I would have been about 14 and went, even so, we sold a large amount of tickets for that one and with this one being a weekend, I don't agree with the pessimistic outlook.

If, and obviously a big if, the club sort out some free/heavily subsidised coach travel, we will sell out. I'm convinced of it
  • Options
    That whole weekend is a mess for me. Sat grandniece birthday party Sunday wifes birthday.
  • Options
    Gutted!!!, Phoned up ticket office literally 2 mins before it was announced and they said 80% chance it would be the sat 5.15 ko, oh well another night in Sheffield isn't the worst thing in the world, although my wallet doesn't agree.
  • Options
    Positives:

1. You will mostly likely just have 1,2 pints instead of 5. At least if we win you will have a more clear vision memory of the game.
    2. Sheffield United will be just as pissed off with this if not more so.
    3. A night a in Sheffield the Sat night before might be all the drinking you need.

Other than that it sucks donkey d*ck.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

dunno if been mentioned before, but everyone saying we won't sell out the allocation. The tragic 'Operation Riverside' mission back in the day was (I'm fairly certain) a Tues/Weds night, the club laid on coaches and there were thousands of us there. That was midweek, a night game and much further than Sheffield. Think it might have been school holiday at the time as I would have been about 14 and went, even so, we sold a large amount of tickets for that one and with this one being a weekend, I don't agree with the pessimistic outlook.

If, and obviously a big if, the club sort out some free/heavily subsidised coach travel, we will sell out. I'm convinced of it

Thursday night, that was. Wendy and I did all the coach organisation and couldn't go because we had a Bexley Council meeting!

Put it on and they will come...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gutted!!!, Phoned up ticket office literally 2 mins before it was announced and they said 80% chance it would be the sat 5.15 ko, oh well another night in Sheffield isn't the worst thing in the world, although my wallet doesn't agree.

Convinced SKY kicked up a stink on this because they have a game on at this time
  • Options
    Terrible choice but think i will go up on Saturday and stay the night for this.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Saturday night out in Sheffield...

That's what we're doing. Hotel booked. Train up booked. Just working out which train to come back on 15.01 or 15.37.

• Options
    The other half and I are going up for the night before. Yorkshire beer....?! Yes please!

I reckon we'll come very close to selling out. We took over a thousand to Wednesday on a Monday. :)

C'mon you reds!!!
  • Options
    I stayed in the Jury's inn for 65 quid. Think you can get it cheaper too. I didn't stop in the bar on the way back as had had more than enough but there was a party going on. For all you singletons out there...
  • Options
    I've heard that if we get to wembley the FA will make it a midnight kick off so to be as awkward as possible for charlton fans.
  • Options

driving up now meaning no booze. load of shite.

leaving now seems a bit early - where you travelling from?

• Options
    time for Prague to do his "freedom of information act" bit & get to the truth of who made such a daft decision. Man City v Wigan doesn't need any trains or coaches and Hull & Sunderland aren't miles apart either............but no, they make the furthest team travel on a sunday where the first train doesn't even arrive before kick off & anyone driving would have to leave before the sun is up !!
  • Options
    Last time I stayed up Sheffield for a United game, we stayed in the same hotel as the team. My brother and I were 10 and 6. Richard Rufus served up beans for my brother as he couldn't reach the buffet ladle! Ha ha.
  • Options
    Sunday at 12 ? How are we supposed to get there for that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    9.30 train, into Sheffield at 10.36. Looks like I'll be doing the drinking for all of us!

Gutted for the rest of you though.
  • Options

9.30 train, into Sheffield at 10.36. Looks like I'll be doing the drinking for all of us!

Gutted for the rest of you though.

It's times like this i regret moving back down south. ;-)
  • Options
    First train out of Euston is 0820 and doesn't get in until 1207.....
  • Options
    Thing is I'm working that Saturday night. So although there's no way I could make the game Saturday or Sunday, at least I will be able to watch/listen to the match now.
  • Options

time for Prague to do his "freedom of information act" bit & get to the truth of who made such a daft decision. Man City v Wigan doesn't need any trains or coaches and Hull & Sunderland aren't miles apart either............but no, they make the furthest team travel on a sunday where the first train doesn't even arrive before kick off & anyone driving would have to leave before the sun is up !!

hah, well, the last time I did that, related to the most recent Spanners game, the Met refused to release the info, even though they had previously co-operated with the same request, word for word, regarding the March shambles. The Police generally are amongst the worst offenders for non-compliance with FOI. I tend to think though that they may not be the culprits on this occasion.

The Club will know. And the Trust could ask. But we got dogs abuse from some people for being so impertinent to ask about the seating arrangements for the Oxford game.

So what do people think? Is it a Trust issue?

• Options
    hotel Saturday night it is then.
  • Options
    Am I right in saying the earliest train to Sheffield will get in after kick off? Really, the club shouldn't have agreed to it, but I wonder what real choice they had. Losing £250k in tv money isn't a great option for them, but it stinks for the fans going.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

First train out of Euston is 0820 and doesn't get in until 1207.....

Do the FA not know this?
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

best result for me so I am well chuffed, CAFC can lay on coaches or a train sorry for being selfish but its perfect for me

Baby being born sometime Monday
    Dog showing at crufts Sat
    CAFC winning and getting to semi final at Wembley Sunday

Thought you might be pleased we are at Crufts on Friday so that was the last day I wanted.

good luck pal, has the makings of a great weekend