Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do we need any more loans?

Harriot looked at is unplayable best for spells yesterday – maybe we don’t need that right midfielder on loan after all – and are we likely to get better than AA – so do we need that central midfielder? Maybe the team just needed a bit of patience. Of course, if the right player came along we shouldn't turn our noses up - but it doesn't look so desperate today as it may have done a week ago.

Comments

• Options
    If we beat or draw with Sheffield United then yes as that means that for one week at least we'll be playing Saturday / Tuesday / Thursday
  • Options
    We might have to do a double header like sunday league!
  • Options
    I could do with an extra £200.................
  • Options
    i think we do need another CM if you look at yesterday we had to bring on andy hughes id rather someone better, that said if we can get a player in that can play wing so we will always have at least jacko or AA on the bench we might be alright
  • Options
    It is true - the number of games we need to catch on might mean we have to add a couple.
  • Options
    We dont lose with Andy Hughes remember... Was a genius stroke from Powell playing him... I reckon go 1-0 up in the FA Cup final and get Andy on!!
  • Options
    I think we do. The fixture congestion will take its toll on the squad. In particular, we shouldn't rely on Poyet and Cousins playing two games a week for the rest of the season in their first season in the first team.
  • Options
    If we can afford it and some decent players are available then we need as many bodies in as possible. We're playing saturday-midweek-saturday from now until May.
  • Options
    Football can change so quickly. On Saturday morning we were all crying out for loans in before our season sank completely. The sensible thing to do is still to get in players who can help us. Gives us options and some more security. If the youth products and current squad play out of their skin then they'll keep the loanees out but if they don't we'll rue not having brought in some new players to pick up the slack.
  • Options
    can RD release players and we sign them on a perm as theyre a free agent? that ibrahima cisse is a decent CM
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thought Harriott played most of the game on the left. need a right winger imo
  • Options
    yes, purley because we have so many games left to play. as well as tired legs you can bet they'll be injuries so we need reinforcements.
  • Options

can RD release players and we sign them on a perm as theyre a free agent? that ibrahima cisse is a decent CM

Yup could do actually
  • Options
    With the number of games we have yes we do. Right winger definitely and if there's a decent CM available that is happy to fight for his place I'd want to bring them in. Don't see a need for a striker though, would be happy to see Ajdarevic continue playing behind the main striker.
  • Options

Yup could do actually
    I dont think thats allowed
  • Options
    If we can get Williams, Guedioura and SWP in then we'll be fine for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    yeah with our fixture pile up we need as may bodies as possible. Will also need people Like, Evina, Hughes, Green, Hollands & Pritchard to step up if called upon
  • Options
    Right winger badly needed, if not then a right back so Wilson can go right midfield.
  • Options

Right winger badly needed, if not then a right back so Wilson can go right midfield.

After the last 2 games i'd keep Wilson at right back. Superb.
  • Options
    Thought we were getting SWP? I would take SWP and Williams for sure
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know we have a lot of fixtures coming up and squad rotation will come into it, but i thought you can only have a maximum of 5 loan players in a matchday squad. We currently have 5 players on loan, 4 if you exclude Koc.

To bring in premiership players on loan, i would assume you have to guarentee that they are going to be playing regularly. How would we be able to guarentee this if we brought in 2 or 3 more loans?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yes we do - look at the mess we got into with Wiggy suspended and then injured.

All it takes is for another key man to miss games with injury/suspension and we'd have to shuffle the pack again - or have Evina or Lennon at LB and a CM pairing of Pritchard and Hollands.

• Options
    Well, the only loanees playing with any regularity have been Astrit, Thuram-Ulien, and Sordell, so two more could be accomodated. Tudgay is one of these, but do you need him and Sordell? Noig would not be needed if we got a right midfield, as Wilson is then cemented at right back. And if pushed, we can put Phillips as sub keeper instead of Yohan to free up one loanee place. I also think a centre midfield is required, as Poyet and Cousins (and Jackson) will struggle to play every few days between now and May...Let's get bodies in and worry about who plays when and where later.
  • Options
    is Thuram on loan - whilst i am sure it was reported as such i thought i heard RM menion he was here permanently but maybe i am getting confused.
  • Options
    He is definitely on loan
  • Options
    It seems we are still pursuing SWP. Do we need someone who has made it clear he's not interested in joining us ? If he comes now , it's for one reason , and it's not because he loves us ! I say steer well clear now.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If he joins us it's because he want's to play football before he moves to another side in the summer. If he's only interested in the money then he'll stay at QPR and not play. He won't lose any money by joining us on loan.
  • Options
    Would be interesting to see if he suddenly became available should we beat Sheffield United and got to Wembley. Or am I just being cynical????
  • Options
    I think we need a couple of extra loans. Our subs bench yesterday was very weak, especially in the midfield area.