Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

London Trocadero

edited February 2014 in Not Sports Related
Another part of my childhood do gone. The one time home of sega world and the Pepsi drop is closing forever next week.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Trocadero

Comments

• edited February 2014
    I used to love it there. I popped in a couple of years ago and the arcade machines were very dated. Back in the day they used to be state of the art. I think arcade machines on the whole are a thing of the past. Hopefully that means kids are now spending time outside!

Pretty sure Sega world was left empty since it shut down.
  • Glad to see the back of it. Place has always been a dump.
  • Used to go there as a kid but in recent years it's been a meeting place for all sorts of lowlife .
  • I used to love it there. I popped in a couple of years ago and the arcade machines were so dated when they used to be state of the art. I think arcade machines on the whole are a thing of the past. Hopefully that means kids are now spending time outside!

Or consoles have just got so good as to make them slightly redundant? I prefer your theory though; )

you have me remembering the trocodero fondly. Downstairs I remember Alien War which was so much fun aged 13. Totally shat myself during the attraction, and was still hyper for a week afterwards.

10 quid, which was a whole months pocket money, done in an hour playing Daytona and killer instinct in the trocodero
  • CORRECTION: A previous version of this story reported that the London Trocadero was to close. This is incorrect. In a statement Criterion Capital, the owner or the Trocadero Centre, said that the new was "without foundation", and that only two shops were to close in order to be upgraded and reopened. We apologise for the error.

Asif Aziz, CEO of Criterion Capital, said: “Following the success of the Crown Estate in re-asserting Regent Street as a flagship retail destination, we are seeing a ripple effect into Piccadilly. This presents us with an opportunity to reposition the Trocadero in response to growing interest from national and international retailers.”

Anthony Selwyn, head of Central London Retail at Savills, adds: “Just as Regent Street has re-emerged as one of London’s most attractive destinations, there is a clear opportunity to replicate this in and around Piccadilly. These prominent sites offer a rare opportunity for a foothold in this thriving part of the West End.”
  • There are parts of the trocadero known as heroin alley and piss alley, says all you need to know about the dirty underside of that part of London,
  • There are parts of the trocadero known as heroin alley and piss alley.

And don't forget where the Rent Boys hung out, Vaseline Alley.....
  • edited February 2014

I used to love it there. I popped in a couple of years ago and the arcade machines were so dated when they used to be state of the art. I think arcade machines on the whole are a thing of the past. Hopefully that means kids are now spending time outside!

Or consoles have just got so good as to make them slightly redundant? I prefer your theory though; )

you have me remembering the trocodero fondly. Downstairs I remember Alien War which was so much fun aged 13. Totally shat myself during the attraction, and was still hyper for a week afterwards.

10 quid, which was a whole months pocket money, done in an hour playing Daytona and killer instinct in the trocodero
    Daytona with 4 people racing each other and some bike game where you had to mount a plastic bike! As good as consoles are now I'm surprised that these gimmicks aren't popular any more. I guess what Frodo said in back to the future 2 is turning out to be true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk7MBi_KyWw
  • Sponsored links:

• Never been into car games but Daytona was great. I'm sure it was trocodero where you called play upto 8 people. Or you could play against the computer against 40 other cars.
  • I'm still fuming that the beautiful Swiss Centre is now a plastic Disney looking m&m world!