Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall, Yeovil and Ed Upson

I cannot confirm this but I was told Upson could not play in the week, due to an agreement between the clubs.
This was a permanent transfer and to me is a bit dodgy. If Yeovil were to stay up by a point, the team below them could say you may have not got that point if Upson had played.
I wonder whether we have the same agreement with Bournemouth re Yann; although I know most people would love to show their appreciation of the big man.
Maybe I do not have a full understanding of the rules?

Comments

• Options
    It is against the meaning of the rules but happens on a gentlemans agreement basis if the teams are playing each other very soon.
  • Options
    Do I remember Chelsea not playing Parker against us although never clear whether that was part of an agreement
  • Options
    cfgs said:

It is against the meaning of the rules but happens on a gentlemans agreement basis if the teams are playing each other very soon.

Cheers guys.

• Options
    Correct he didn't play against us but they did introduce him to their crowd at half time from the safety of the upper west stand opposite us, which was obscene
  • Options
    redman said:

Do I remember Chelsea not playing Parker against us although never clear whether that was part of an agreement

Yep, that game was live on TV here and seeing that before the game was a real kick in the guts.

We lost 1-0 too if I recall.
  • Options
    It was Tim Howard in the Man U / Everton game that was the high profile version of the gentleman's agreement.
  • Options

It was Tim Howard in the Man U / Everton game that was the high profile version of the gentleman's agreement.

Yes they signed him during a loan spell there and still he didn't play against Man U and Wenger went mental.
  • Options
    Can understand some of these Agreements to be honest... (Could there be a hidden one in Kermorgant's Contract?)

Think you've got to be silly not to try and have it included - i.e. Celtic and that Al Bangura bloke in the Champions League against AIK this season
  • Options
    You can bet your life that because we are Charlton there will be no agreement and he will score
  • Options

You can bet your life that because we are Charlton there will be no agreement and he will score

Was thinking this as I typed my above post... Was just thinking "No Chance"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:

Yes they signed him during a loan spell there and still he didn't play against Man U and Wenger went mental.
    Wenger is such a cry baby, whinging, mug.