Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

European Travelling - Must see places?

2»

Comments

• It's all about the Bs. Berlin, Barcelona, and big boobed blonde bitches in Bstockholm.
  • Apart from Postojnia, I really enjoyed the following:

Cesky Krumlov

Sopron The town in Hungary with the most listed buildings

Nuremburg Old Town

Loreley in the Rhine

I hope to get here this year as it looks fascinating but not been yet

I make my own way around Europe by road and this is a very important part of my holiday; finding the best roads. I have no idea about public transport access.

• Plan on going InterRailing next summer. I know it's very early to be looking but if I don't now it will never happen.
    To anyone who's traveled around Europe could you let me know where you found the nightlife really good because when you sorting this thing with a group of friends, it's a nightmare agreeing where to go!
    Cheers!
  • Berlin is a great place for nightlife.
  • yeah I think Berlin, Prague, Copenhagen, Amsterdam and Budapest are dead certs
  • Valencia is my number 1 place.
  • Bucharest for nightlife - the old town is something else. Never seen so many bars in such a small place and buzzing on a Tue and Wed night.
  • edited August 2014
    Badger said:

If you get to Yugoslavia then try to visit the Postojna cave in Slovenia.

What's he travelling in? Time machine?

;) I know what you mean. Balkan region...after all this IS the home of PC

Comments on here about Alpine trains and both the Bernina Express and Alpina Express routes are breathtaking. Great way to put a 2 week City trip into context having an odd day here and there on a train like that. I was spellbound by the scenery and I am usually a bloody figit .. The change up in pace gives you time to reflect on what you have seen and clear the mind for New experiences.

Book in advance...prices can be horrific on a rock up basis.

London, Paris, Marseilles, Barcelona, Madrid, Santiago de Compostella, Porto, Lisbon - flight - Zurich, Lake Como, Dalmatian Coast, Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Munich - flight - London

2 week crash course in old school European culture.
  • thanks for the ideas, will have another proper look into it tomorrow.