Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trains Tomorrow (8th Feb)

Unless it's already been posted...

I don't think you can get to Charlton directly from Kent without some buses to Plumstead due to engineering works.

Comments

• are trains not going through or not stopping?
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2014
    Think there are engineering works between Slade Green and Plumstead, so no trains further than Dartford on that line I presume.
  • Planned engineering work will take place
    Between Plumstead and Slade Green
    From 0105, Saturday 08 February 2014 to 0640, Sunday 09 February 2014.

Additional Information:
    There are no train services calling at (in alphabetical order): Abbey Wood, Belvedere, Erith or Slade Green. However, there are replacement bus services calling at these stations, operating in each direction between Plumstead and Dartford.

Also, there is a reduction in the frequency of train services calling at Albany Park, Bexley Crayford and New Cross, Furthermore, London Charing Cross/Gillingham services will be diverted between Blackheath and Dartford, calling additionally at Eltham and will not call at Charlton, Woolwich Arsenal or Abbey Wood. As a result, there are no train services operating between Blackheath and Charlton.

Passengers who wish to make this particular journey can do so via Lewisham and Greenwich on Docklands Light Railway (DLR). Valid train tickets will be accepted for travel on the DLR in either direction between Lewisham and Greenwich.
  • So from Gravesend I have to get a train to dartford then bus from there to charlton ?
  • So from Gravesend I have to get a train to dartford then bus from there to charlton ?

Bus to Plumstead mate.

Bus to Plumstead mate.
    Ok thanks
  • so I can't use the Bexleyheath line because there's no service between Blackheath & Charlton?

couldn't the bell ends who planned these engineering works have contacted me first?
  • From Gravesend I am planning on train to Lewisham, DLR to Greenwich then train back to Charlton. Trainspotters us! At least that way you know how long it will take, whereas it is anyone's guess how long that replacement bus will take.
  • Whats the best way from sidcup?
  • 286 bus to Eltham and then a 161 from there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Whats the best way from sidcup?

Train to Lewisham, DLR to Greenwich then train back to Charlton.

• Thanks guys