Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

yesterdays performance

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
hi i have just signed up to Charlton Life. I'm an old net addicks boy.

I think we played rubbish yesterday. We was sloppy, couldn't pick out a decent pass and didn't create anything. Not many players had a good game Carson, Diawara, Song are the only exceptions.

But what the hell we WON!!!! 3 points in the bag and moving just that tiny bit closer to survival, i can see it happening lads! im really happy with the squad, manager etc and i'm confident we will be playing the man u's, chelsea's and liverpool's next season. (in the cup). JOKING!

Comments

• Options
    welcome to the site Agim, anything you're not sure of please feel free to send me a whisper.

I'm currently signed up to anything Pardew wants me to do. Seriously think i'd jump naked off the North Upper if Pards thought it would help us to victory. Egging out a win whilst not playing that well is a massive bonus. It gives us the points we needed, whilst giving reminders to all that every game is going to be a tough one.
  • Options
    I think Wigan made life very difficult for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    Seriously think i'd jump naked off the North Upper if Pards thought it would help us to victory.

You can save it for May 22........
    Anyone care to sponsor AFKA for a naked jump off the North Upper?

No, I thought not. :-)
  • Options
    I think there was a lot of tension in the stadium because this really was must win.

That tension transmitted itself to the players which makes DB's penalty under all that pressure even more creditable.

I'm hoping we pick something up at Citeh so we can be a little more relaxed (but not too relaxed!) for Reading at home.

There is a fine dividing line between positive nerves and negative nerves. I think we crossed into the negative zone on Saturday.
  • Options
    Yes we're very quick to get on their backs when its not going right. I hate that.

pity the players on Easter Monday... a lot of fans will have been drinking for AT LEAST 4/5 hours and probably longer before the stupid 8pm kick off time and if they're not liking what they're seeing... well it could all be a lot more tense!! if not downright nasty. stupid time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Yes we're very quick to get on their backs when its not going right. I hate that.

pity the players on Easter Monday... a lot of fans will have been drinking for AT LEAST 4/5 hours and probably longer before the stupid 8pm kick off time and if they're not liking what they're seeing... well it could all be a lot more tense!! if not downright nasty. stupid time.

I think you are right but that it is more likely to be the CIty fans giving their players stick. Let's hope we give them plenty to moan about.
  • Options
    The key to the City game is doing a "Liverpool in the 80's" and just keeping it very, very tight for the first half and giving nothing away at all - we can't afford to do another Watford away.
    If we can keep it 0-0 till the hour mark then their fans will turn on them big time because they expect to beat "little" clubs like Charlton all day long and the pressure will get cranked right up on them.
    The key thing is going to be whether we have the quality going forward to hit them on the break and punish them as they try and force a winning goal?