Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Closing Discussions

2»

Comments

• Options
    cafc-west said:

Only my opinion, yes it's an important issue, but this is a football forum. Specifically for Charlton fans. Why can't we just stick to Charlton related issues/concerns/comments? There must be other, more appropriate, forums?

Lets ban other threads also, like the charity (non-charlton related), the looking for work, the mental illness etc etc then....
  • Options
    What if its a Charlton paedo?
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

There must be other, more appropriate, forums?

PaedoLife, to name just one.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

There must be a few knocking around The Valley.....they all have 'that look'.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

The fact that this forum isn't just a football forum is what makes it great, this isn't just a forum it's an online community with people of all sorts and types of backgrounds that share a common interest. I wouldn't want that to change.
  • Options
    Don't really want to go into, but not really a jokey subject, and one of the main reasons we try to discourage threads on.

Grateful if we could leave the subject now please, when we close a thread we do so for a reason and that's not simply to move the subject / debate onto another thread.

Thanks
  • Options
    Fair enough AFKA, and judging by some of the comments it wouldn't have been possible to have the discussion that the topic deserves. Shame though, this is the only forum I read and there are a whole multitude of topics and discussions every day, so can't really see why this would not be appropriate if dealt with correctly.
  • Options
    i think the moderators should take a good look at the size ist remarks made at large addicks expense
  • Options

Greenie said:

There must be a few knocking around The Valley.....they all have 'that look'.
    Maybe they're scouts from other teams 'tapping up' (or grooming as more commonly known) our young guns
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the way this thread is going illustrates perfectly why the thread was closed.
  • Options
    I don't see the problem as long as no names are named or accusations thrown about.

In fact, I would say it was more harmless than, I don't know, a number of 'senior' posters ganging up and taunting a poster with regards their manhood size.
  • Options

I don't see the problem as long as no names are named or accusations thrown about.

In fact, I would say it was more harmless than, I don't know, a number of 'senior' posters ganging up and taunting a poster with regards their manhood size.

So start your own forum and let people post what they want.
  • Options
    Absolutely no interest whatsoever in starting my own forum, but thanks for the suggestion.

I just don't understand why a discussion on a big news topic, yes with a few 'funny' comments thrown in, is closed in case of any untoward posts, whereas a thread with ACTUAL bullying / trolling / extreme 'banter' / name calling is ignored, and in fact added to by a Mod
  • Options

Absolutely no interest whatsoever in starting my own forum, but thanks for the suggestion.

I just don't understand why a discussion on a big news topic, yes with a few 'funny' comments thrown in, is closed in case of any untoward posts, whereas a thread with ACTUAL bullying / trolling / extreme 'banter' / name calling is ignored, and in fact added to by a Mod

Well there's not really a discussion to be had around that particular story is there? It's an opportunity for posters to record their disgust at those concerned but ultimately not much more and maybe admin don't have the will or time to spend editing/moderating out the more extreme comments that would inveitably crop up.

TBF I've posted a discussion based on the same subject but it touches on a far wider and polictically more 'interesting' area (for want of a better word) around the extent of any high level cover up and manipulation of the media. For the most part it's been an adult discussion whereas this one was only going to go one way imo and the guys that moderate the forum made the call they did (and have explained their reasons for doing so which they didn't have to do).
  • Options

Well there's not really a discussion to be had around that particular story is there? It's an opportunity for posters to record their disgust at those concerned but ultimately not much more and maybe admin don't have the will or time to spend editing/moderating out the more extreme comments that would inveitably crop up.

TBF I've posted a discussion based on the same subject but it touches on a far wider and polictically more 'interesting' area (for want of a better word) around the extent of any high level cover up and manipulation of the media. For the most part it's been an adult discussion whereas this one was only going to go one way imo and the guys that moderate the forum made the call they did (and have explained their reasons for doing so which they didn't have to do).
    Well, you have just shown in your answer that there is room for discussion around that particular story.

For example, there are more and more reported cases of such behavior and some people see it as pure evil, others see it as an 'illness'. Homosexuality is now becoming more commonly accepted in the UK, as people now understand 'that is just the way they are' or 'who they are'.....don't forget, not too long ago homosexuality was also 'evil' or an 'illness' - should we be worried for our future generations that, in time, paedos can act in such manner as 'that is just the way they are'?

It's the decision of the Mods, of course, but no one has responded with regards keeping other threads open when direct and spiteful abuse is aimed at an individual poster
  • Options

Well, you have just shown in your answer that there is room for discussion around that particular story.

For example, there are more and more reported cases of such behavior and some people see it as pure evil, others see it as an 'illness'. Homosexuality is now becoming more commonly accepted in the UK, as people now understand 'that is just the way they are' or 'who they are'.....don't forget, not too long ago homosexuality was also 'evil' or an 'illness' - should we be worried for our future generations that, in time, paedos can act in such manner as 'that is just the way they are'?

It's the decision of the Mods, of course, but no one has responded with regards keeping other threads open when direct and spiteful abuse is aimed at an individual poster
    Ultimately if you felt that some posters were acting inappropriately you had the option to flag them and they would be looked at and dealt with. Or send a pm to admin or make the point on the relevant thread itself. There were options other than to wait until one thread was closed and then claim it was done unjustly.
  • Options
    Funnily enough, it turns out that you cannot flag a Mod - I tried.

Didn't feel too strongly about it at the time as I thought perhaps the chap could fight his own battles, but the closure of a thread on the possibility reminded me of the actual bullying.

What are your thoughts on the more 'interesting' point, that perhaps in 50 years time, paedophilia could be seen as 'normal'
  • Options

Grateful if we could leave the subject now please, when we close a thread we do so for a reason and that's not simply to move the subject / debate onto another thread.

Thanks

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We move on
  • Options
    Brutal closure of a thread that Henry must've spent a bit of time putting together there