Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brian McDermott Sacked (ed. no he's not... oh yes he is!)

It seems according to a Guardian journo.

Comments

• Options
    On Talk sport as well.
  • Options
    Welcome to the Valley, Brian! ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Wonder if Stewart is starting to regret going now.
  • Options
    our new winger
  • Options
    Why? I though he was doing ok. Mind you, when they were down at The Valley they were thugs
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    no real surprise .. Leeds managers come and go on a regular basis .. the team is in bad form and his signings have not been a success .. even managers who've been reasonably successful in the past are given little time nowadays
  • Options
    New owner has just come in today.
  • Options
    "Brian McDermott sacked by Leeds. No surprise sadly; former AC Milan coach Max Allegri had been sounded out a week ago to take over."
  • Options
    Massimo Cellino, the owner of Italian club Cagliari, is close to an agreement to buy a stake in Leeds, believed to be about 75%, BBC Radio Leeds reports.

Managing director David Haigh announced on Thursday that his consortium's bid for the club had collapsed because of a lack of funds.

It is understood that Cellino has been at the Championship club's training ground over recent days.

Should the deal go through, it would be subject to Football League approval.

The Elland Road club is currently owned by Dubai-based investment group GFH Capital.

Cellino is reported to be keen to replace manager Brian McDermott with former Middlesbrough defender Gianluca Festa.

And speaking to Radio Leeds on Friday, McDermott admitted he was not sure if he would be in charge of the club beyond their Championship derby against Huddersfield Town.

"I've got no idea if I'll be here after Saturday's match. In football any game could be your last match so you have to make the most of it, especially at a club like Leeds United," he said.
  • Options
    Just been announced on Sky Sports News
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he lasted even less time then even he thought he would !! lol
  • Options
    Am listening to Five Live and they just said that a manager had gone from a club, and before they named him I was
    at least half expecting it to be Powell.
  • Options
    we must the only team that gets taken over & then gets rid of the PLAYERS and keeps the MANAGER
  • Options
    ross mccormack on ssn now saying he might now leave
  • Options
    Ross McCormack pretty much saying he only stayed at Leeds because of McDermott.

Sounds like that could change now. The bloke sounds gutted about him leaving.
  • Options
    Ross McCormack signed a new 4 year deal with them today and was quoted on sky sports at 5 past 7 starting that he was "looking forward to playing under Brian McDermott for the remainder of the season". Hope he wasn't too attached to him.
  • Options
    Bit weird ross mccormack coming on ssn...trying to force a move?
  • Options
    he is being interviewed live on sky now
  • Options
    If I was any lower Prem club, i'd be going straight in for him now.

Seemed like he wants to go now the manager has been sacked.
  • Options
    I hate to say it but I agree with Simon Jordan. Great TV for him to speak out but not the way to do it as the captain of the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 1m

Enterprise Insurance company looking to withdraw their sponsorship contract at #LUFC in protest over manager sacking.
  • Options
    WSS said:

I hate to say it but I agree with Simon Jordan. Great TV for him to speak out but not the way to do it as the captain of the club.

To a degree, but I think also it shows the relationship between manager and players.

I got the impression McCormick turned down a move today that he would have took had h known McDermott was going to be sacked.
  • Options
    Since McCormack called up Sky Sports, 6 clubs have made enquiries.
  • Options
    He has a good agent!
  • Options
    Leeds fan mate of mine texted me last night (after I put on FB how fooked off I was), that they are not a million miles away from admin.
  • Options
    Leeds-supporting mate was worried about new owner earlier on today. Seems a crazy decision, good news for other play off chasers
  • Options
    Leeds fans are furious, it seems.
  • Options
    See things ain't that bad. We aren't about to announce Uncle Festa as our manager.
  • Options
    Another thread with the wrong title... should've been 'Manager Sacked'