Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer Deadline Day - What's going on in the outside world?

Think we usually have a thread for discussing all the exciting deals that other clubs are doing, although admittedly that's usually against a backdrop of Charlton providing us with absolutely nothing to get excited about, which clearly couldn't be further from the truth this year. Nevertheless, if you fancy a break from the ongoing cycle of Panic>Celebrate>Panic>Cry>Get Angry>Panic, then you should be safe on this thread.

I'll start off with the following:

Palace have had an offer of £3m accepted by Wolves for keeper Wayne Hennessy - would have thought there were other positions in the Palace line-up more worthy of spending £3m on;

Berbatov now looking likely to sign for Monoco, Spurs apparently out of the running ;

Arsene Wenger expecting to bring in at least one midfield reinforcement (Kim Kallstrom linked) - surely the only bit of their squad that doesn't need reinforcing;

Lewis Holtby joins Fulham on loan;

Salomon Kalou also linked with Gooners but they wont be getting Draxler/Drachsler/Dracula/whatever his name is;

Zaha to Cardiff confirmed;

Man City in for various Porto "Superstars"

Comments

• Think Arsenal are going for Kim Kallstrom (Was always quality for me on Champ-Man 01/02) because Aaron Ramsey has been ruled out for 6-weeks and Flamini is serving a suspension

• Razak to West Ham
  • Think Arsenal are going for Kim Kallstrom (Was always quality for me on Champ-Man 01/02) because Aaron Ramsey has been ruled out for 6-weeks and Flamini is serving a suspension

I was literally just about to say the same thing with regards Kallstrom on Champ Man, he was quality :)

• Don't you think we already have enough going on at Charlton to have time to look at this thread!?
  • There is a monumental amount of knobheads already gathering behind each sky sports presenter

This day is ridiculous

Transfer deadline day wouldn't be the same without Wenger buying another lightweight midfielder!

• edited January 2014
    Sky sports classic....

"There are two bids that have been accepted for the player(Fulham/west ham.) There's a 50% chance he'll go to west ham says his agent."

No shit
  • red_murph said:

Think Arsenal are going for Kim Kallstrom (Was always quality for me on Champ-Man 01/02) because Aaron Ramsey has been ruled out for 6-weeks and Flamini is serving a suspension

I was literally just about to say the same thing with regards Kallstrom on Champ Man, he was quality :)

Always signed him from BK Hacken (one of his early clubs).... for about £400k - Was an AM / FC (played just behind the Striker) and scored tons of goals each season regardless what league I was in
  • Apparently Dortmund were in for Holtby on a permanent but Spurs wanted extortionate money.

Milan have continued their pointless signing streak by getting Taarabt on loan, plus Biabiany from Parma. Strangely Juventus appear to be getting Osvaldo from Southampton too, I don't see why they'd want to do that.
  • edited January 2014
    mrbligh said:

There is a monumental amount of knobheads already gathering behind each sky sports presenter

This day is ridiculous

It is indeed ridiculous. Not sure whether Sky should be praised or condemned for turning it into such a circus. I find the coverage quite enjoyable as long as you don't take any of it too seriously, but it also tends to be a day long display of everything that's wrong with the game these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedPanda said:

Strangely Juventus appear to be getting Osvaldo from Southampton too, I don't see why they'd want to do that.

Never stayed at a club for more than two years, renound troublemaker. Why would you want to sign a player who you will almost certainly end up desperately trying to offload long before his contract runs out?
  • MrLargo said:

mrbligh said:

There is a monumental amount of knobheads already gathering behind each sky sports presenter

This day is ridiculous

It is indeed ridiculous. Not sure whether Sky should be praised or condemned for turning it into such a circus. I find the coverage quite enjoyable as long as you don't take any of it too seriously, but it also tends to be a day long display of everything that's wrong with the game these days.
    Agree with this. Particularly love how serious and pained the presenters are.

"Deadline day" is tough on these poor journalists
  • Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp has confirmed he is hoping to tie up at least five deals on deadline day.
  • Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp has confirmed he is hoping to tie up at least five deals on deadline day.

Jesus, he's like me at Christmas - always leaves his shopping until the last minute! Hope the QPR fans are more pleased with the new signings than my family are with the ropey presents I get for them.

Qpr and redknapp are actually disgusting
  • Tom Ince is in Canary Wharf
  • mrbligh said:

Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp has confirmed he is hoping to tie up at least five deals on deadline day.

Qpr and redknapp are actually disgusting
    Remember reading an interview with Dean Kiely relating to his time at Portsmouth (under Redknapp) and subsequentmove to West Brom - said he was treated like a piece of meat (he was very complimentary about his treatment at Charlton).

Don't understand why players are always queuing up to sign for him - flavour of the month today, training with the youth team tomorrow.
  • edited January 2014
    Palace have offer for Celtic's Joe Ledley accepted

Danny Haynes signs for Hibs
  • It's 12.54pm on transfer deadline day & official #Nufc twitter account asks fans for fave derby memories ... pic.twitter.com/GzSq9kxPjx

— George Caulkin (@CaulkinTheTimes) January 31, 2014
  • Frimpong signs for Barnsley on a permanaent deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swansea offer £2.5 M for Jeffrey Schlupp.
  • Frimpong's gone to Barnsley on a perm
  • "Tick tock tick tock goes the transfer clock" says the little round headed transfer deadline day sky sports presenter.

Shut up knobhead
  • edited January 2014
    Tom Ince was about to sign on loan for Palace, then Stoke put in an offer to buy him.

Ince wants the loan & Blackpool want to sell.

Ince is stuck at Palace's training ground LOL.
  • Tom Ince was about to sign on loan for Palace, then Stoke put in an offer to buy him.

Good. Very worried about Palace at the moment.
  • Tom Ince was about to sign on loan for Palace, then Stoke put in an offer to buy him.

Can't we sign him?

We're signing everybody else.
  • Frimpong signs for Barnsley on a permanaent deal.

that's them stuffed

• Sky Sports sources understand Leeds United have rejected a £4million bid from Cardiff City for striker Ross McCormack. Leeds have already turned down an offer from West Ham for McCormack, who has also been linked with Sunderland this month.
  • Cardiff still looking for a striker - tell them they can have Church for a cut price fee..........and he's welsh !!!
  • Macheda has joined Brum