Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Penalty

Looked like half a penalty for the handful of HH's shirt and half a penalty for the lunge at Marcus. Both by Fitz Hall. Added together that is a penalty I guess!!

Comments

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-yTAuYaS3o

It isn't clear whether the penalty was given for the challenge on HH or Marcus Bent, it does look like HH goes down easily and Fitz Hall's lunge on MB resulted in the latter falling over him, whatever these decisions usually balance themselves out by the end of the season.
  • pretty dubious if you ask me and I'd have been pretty pi*sed off had it been given against us !, still these decisions even themselves out over a season....remember Fulham at home !!
  • cast iron penalty on 2 counts --- i would have given it for the shirt pull then the foul on M Bent --
  • Yep definite stone wall penalty. I think Peter Walton told Paul Jewell it was for the first one. Not dodgy at all just extremely clumsy by Fitz Hall.
  • Shit defending by their worst player on the day as soon as the ball has dropped HH is goal side and is pulled back by his shirt... You could even have given it for the second just as easily.

Don't know what the fuss about 'controversal penalty' looks nailed on with my one eye.
  • I thought there was a good shout for one in the first half. Looked like defender - Jackson, I think - tripped DB as he was going for a ball at the far post. And didn't Darren appeal for a handball in the second half. Anyway, who cares? Wigan were an ugly team, should have clocked up more yellows, so a penalty against them seems quite a just way to win it.
  • jewell said the ref told him ' the penalty wasn't against fitz hall' ... i think the ref got a bit confused
  • Bent penalty against Wigan.

My first you tube offereing. I'll get the hang of these computer thingies one day.
  • nice work alex wright
  • I was looking straight at it - blatant penalty. Mind you, HH knew exactly what he was doing and went down as soon as he felt the tug/ shove from behind! Looked to me like ref gave it straight away for that. There had definitely been a handball which should have been a pen a bit before as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good vid Alex - next time get a shot of the Bent Family going mental behind you.
  • Yep 'Metro' today described it as a innocuous looking challenge...my arse...
  • How did they describe the spuds' match winning penalty then?

'Fortuitous'

That was less of a penalty than the one we had turned down.

It was a foul, it was a penalty
  • Ask yourself this Carter, is either one a foul outside the box?

Then is has to be a penalty inside the box.

Clear cut.