Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Hollands

2»

Comments

• Options
    What a cracking goal 

• Options
    Only 33, a very decent player at NL level I'd imagine, indeed if it wasn't for where he lives I'm sure he would still be in L2
  • Options
    I wonder if the EFL will ever adopt the play-off system?
  • Options
    In the dug out for Wrexham was a certain Bryan Hughes.
  • Options
    Remember when we were a team full of Dannys? 
  • Options
    Remember when we were a team full of Dannys? 
    A sad lack of Dannys since the Powell days, Roland out, boo
  • Options
    Always thought he was better than Dale Stephens......
  • Options
    That was a great hit.
    Well done to the best team in my local area. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I wonder if the EFL will ever adopt the play-off system?
    I presume you mean THAT (rather than "the") Play-Off system?

I think its a good idea though
  • Options
    Only 33, a very decent player at NL level I'd imagine, indeed if it wasn't for where he lives I'm sure he would still be in L2
    Where does he live? The North Pole?  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Bournemouth way isnt he... Hence why he was with them for so long and now Eastleigh

Not many clubs higher than Eastleigh in the Football League apart from Portsmouth
  • Options
    Bournemouth way isnt he... Hence why he was with them for so long and now Eastleigh

Not many clubs higher than Eastleigh in the Football League apart from Portsmouth

I think Southampton is quite local to Eastleigh
  • Options

I think Southampton is quite local to Eastleigh
    Bournemouth and Southampton are Premier League though, sorry when I said Football League I meant the actual EFL rather than the 92 clubs

I also left those out as thought it would be unrealistic to suggest that Danny could be playing in the top flight
  • Options
    I was watching live as Danny hit the sweetest volley of his career. His triplets will be old enough to see their Dad score that goal.

Ps. Danny wasn't a better player than Dale Stephens which is why Hollands has played in the lower leagues and Stephens has played in the Premier. Now that is a fact !
  • Options
    I thought Danny and Dale were both good signings for Charlton
    They were.
    I only stated the obvious in reply to Golfie statement at 1.18am when his Horlicks went down the wrong way.
  • Options
    I thought Danny and Dale were both good signings for Charlton
    They were the best Midfield partnership since Kinsella and Parker

Cullen | Aribo | Bielik | Williams are the best since those two
  • Options
    WTF was Freddie Flintoff doing in goal :smiley:
  • Options
    Jackson and Hughes was great at the end of 2012/13 season.
  • Options
    Eastleigh's Reda Johnson is still a very effective, big unit, I was surprised when he dropped out of league football
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dale has thrived since he moved back north to brighton
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    To be fair I think Hollands was actually better than Stephens in that L1 season. I don't think Hollands is or was a better player, but he had an outstanding season and was perfectly suited to the nature of L1 football, throwing himself about and arriving to finish off chances. Hollands managed 8 goals that season, which is a really decent return. Stephens got 4 including that thunderbastard against Bury, but I think Stephens took time getting used to the way Powell wanted him to play and often dropped a bit deeper than he needed to. He was only about 22 though, so it's understandable. He's really developed the tactical side of his game since then and it's no surprise he's playing at PL level as he's always had the ability. Hollands technically is not as good but that L1 season benefitted from work rate and he provided it in spades.
    Think is was 5 from Stephens that season - not many at all and. 2 of them were in the first game of the season. 
  • Options
    His diving header against Preston was a thing of beauty to put us 5-0 up.
  • Options
    To be fair I think Hollands was actually better than Stephens in that L1 season. I don't think Hollands is or was a better player, but he had an outstanding season and was perfectly suited to the nature of L1 football, throwing himself about and arriving to finish off chances. Hollands managed 8 goals that season, which is a really decent return. Stephens got 4 including that thunderbastard against Bury, but I think Stephens took time getting used to the way Powell wanted him to play and often dropped a bit deeper than he needed to. He was only about 22 though, so it's understandable. He's really developed the tactical side of his game since then and it's no surprise he's playing at PL level as he's always had the ability. Hollands technically is not as good but that L1 season benefitted from work rate and he provided it in spades.
    Yes, to me Dale only started living up to his potential in his 3rd season with us.
  • Options
    Think is was 5 from Stephens that season - not many at all and. 2 of them were in the first game of the season. 
    Nope, it was 4. Bournemouth, Exeter, Bury and Wycombe. It was mis-reported at the time that Stephens scored two against Bournemouth, but it was one each for him, Waggy and Jackson.