Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan v Charlton (Battle of the Athletics) | Sat 1st Feb 2014 | Match Preview

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Don't think the players will even recognise each other today. Pre match team talk: "Pass the ball to a red shirt, score some f****** goals!"
  • Options
    Need to play Jackson, he's the captain. When half the team don't know each other he needs to start.

Heavy loss and CP will be gone I fear
  • Options
    2-0 charlton. Church with both
  • Options
    Athletic 1 - 2 Athletic
  • Options
    Powell has got a tough job on his hands overhauling a team and trying to gel new players mid-season. That's hard enough without being in the bottom three and losing three of your best players. Time to get behind the Powell big time.
  • Options
    On the train heading there now. I have no idea
    what to expect or what the possible line-up will be but I'm actually quite excited. Could be one of those crazy games that football throws
    up now and again.

COYA!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Be very interesting to see how Chris Powell sets up today. Since Kermorgant returned from injury I've felt the Manager has been wrestling with a dilemma which was how to accommodate his favourite player into his preferred system for each individual game. In my view we've looked at our most competitive this season playing a 4-5-1, or variants of it, but with Yann we needed to play a more basic 4-4-2.

Think we'll return to 4-5-1 today with Church starting and one or both of the two new strikers on the bench. Would therefore expect Cousins, Jackson and Adjarevic to anchor the midfield perhaps with Green, Harriott or even Evina getting a start in the wide positions.
  • Options
    Wind,Rain and litter on the pitch,manager stands still on touchline ahd following day leaves Charlton after defeat at Wigan.........Could this happen twice,best of luck SCP.
  • Options

Wind,Rain and litter on the pitch,manager stands still on touchline ahd following day leaves Charlton after defeat at Wigan.........Could this happen twice,best of luck SCP.

You have been reading those Hungry Ted posts again ?
  • Options

Don't think the players will even recognise each other today. Pre match team talk: "Pass the ball to a red shirt, score some f****** goals!"

PMSL

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    changes were obviously required after doncaster and we now have four enforced changes to make anyway...I reckon we will set up as 4-5-1, with the mentality to 'not lose' today.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    ---------Thuram----------
    Nego Morrison Dervite Wiggins
    --Cousins Ajdarevic Jackson--
    Reza --------------- Church
    --------Parzyszek---------

Reza and Church inverted forwards, looking to play off Pete whenever possible. The narrowness up top should be supplemented by width from the forward thinking full backs. Cousins and Jackson must be aware and ready to fill in for their full backs if either is caught out of position further up the field. Ajdarevic is our ball player where Stephens once was.
  • Options
    the weather up here is crap, gale force winds and heavy rain, should favour which ever team adapts the best, not necessarily the best team
  • Options
    does anyone have a link for the game for us who cannot watch it from that stadium or those who dont live in england?
  • Options
    Highly doubt there'll be a live stream, unfortunately. Your best chance is on the radio.
  • Options

the weather up here is crap, gale force winds and heavy rain, should favour which ever team adapts the best, not necessarily the best team

In pub in Wigan weather is nice
  • Options
    I'm leaving in 5 and nervous. Don't see how we can score without one of the new forwards but can't see either being particularly fit. Don't know what to expect and that's terrifying and exciting all at once.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Can't predict this one.

Lineup:

Thuram
    Nego Morro Wood Wiggo
    Green Cousins Adjarevic JJ
    Reza Church

Was going to replace Green with Wilson, which is the line up i would run with next week when Wilsons ban is completed, unless Green sets the world alight.

So it will be Wilson
  • Options
    Comfortable loss I fear.
  • Options
    Off there in a minute - no idea what to expect...everything spells disaster, but you never know.....

Bloody hell, the weather's grim out there; I'm praying for a heartwarming performance from the Addicks.

COYR!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4-0, 3-0 at half tme