Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Audi driver smacks cyclist

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2546709/Moment-Audi-passenger-got-car-PUNCHED-cyclist-pushing-bike-taxi-shocking-act-road-rage.html

(Watch the clip with sound turned on).

Do you:-

1) Wish the Audi driver had hit him harder; or

2) Feel sympathy for the cyclist.

Sorry but I'm in the first category.

Comments

• Options
    6 pages
  • Options
    hahaha wouldn't of hurt if he was wearing a helmet.
  • Options
    JT said:

6 pages

• Options
    edited January 2014
    As a cyclist I'm firmly in the second category. I will admit he overreacted though with his 'f**king prick', not well advised in anyway. But the Audi started it by not having it in his ego to wait a few seconds to pass in the first place, audiot.
  • Options
    Jim Watt has the cyclist 4 up
  • Options
    To be fair the geezer on the bike looks well up for a row as he chases the Audi knowing full well he will be caught in traffic up ahead. He was sprinting like Mark Cavendish in long trousers, coat and back pack and the guy with the helmet cam looks as if he knows it will kick off as well as he tries to keep up.

Not condoning it in any way and I am a cyclist but that does not look clear cut (car) road rage to me.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I am an Audi driver & a cyclist...Razil where's your fence?
  • Options
    Both as bad as each other.

At the end of the incident the cyclist who shoots away from the lights as fast as he can annoyed me. It's very unnerving as a driver in busy traffic when cyclists are using their trip as a training session - cyclists should ride in a more predictable manner.
  • Options
    Both are a pair of prize pr*cks but the Audi driver came out better off. The guy should have smashed his wing mirror and then it would be fair.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cockwombles. Haha.
  • Options
    Oh look, another driver totally ignoring the ASL.
  • Options
    Leroy,

You are the King of new obscure insults. Yet again I find myself chuckling at these new demeaning phrases and will attempt to birng them into my daily conversations.

'Cockwomble' is just sublime.
  • Options
    Serves him right. He called it on by chasing him.
  • Options
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Both are a pair of prize pr*cks but the Audi driver came out better off. The guy should have smashed his wing mirror and then it would be fair.

Nah, the secret is to carry two water bottles...one with water, the other with paint stripper. Does a much better all over job ;)

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Coincidence: I had an incident with an Audi driver today ... briefly ... over a parking spot .. later I found that he had slashed my rear nearside tyre .. luckily enough I was near a mechanic/car enthusiast friend's house when the tyre went totally flat and it was just a matter of changing to the spare ..the annoying thing is that he was a geezer in his late 20s/early30s, I am in my 60s ... he is a cowardly little baby .. his face is imprinted on my mind however .. if we 'meet' again ... he'd better f***ing run
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    JohnBoyUK said:

Huskaris said:

Nah, the secret is to carry two water bottles...one with water, the other with paint stripper. Does a much better all over job ;)

I usually carry two bottles, one with water and one that looks like lucozade but is a bit warmer.

Cockwomble - Nice one.
  • Options
    I hope all our new signings from Standard Liege don't turn out to be "Cockwombles". Priceless Leroy, made my Monday.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Audi driver was a cock for stopping past the ASL and then positioning himself to speed off.
    Cyclist was a cock for going looking for a fight (albeit he was probably only expecting a verbal one).

Either way, it's the Audi driver that can be prosecuted as the only thing the cyclist technically did wrong was to "speak in a threatening manner" when he swore at the driver.

(from a cyclist that's about to buy an Audi!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When a car edges up beside me in the cycle box at traffic lights I simply walk my bike forward and position myself in front of the car and pull away really slowly when the lights turn green.

Doesn't matter what people here think about it but one inescapable fact is that that passenger is going to regret that incident for the rest of his life. That is an extremely violent and unprovoked assault. That cannot be less than 12 months jail and a criminal record.
  • Options

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2546709/Moment-Audi-passenger-got-car-PUNCHED-cyclist-pushing-bike-taxi-shocking-act-road-rage.html

There is a huge difference between calling someone a pr!ck and physically assaulting someone.
    The audi driver initiated the problem by being where he shouldn't be.
    I hope he comes forward and the police get involved.
    As for your I wish he hit him harder, now that is a first class pr!ck comment.
  • Options

I can't speak from much experience because I don't ride a bike, nor do I drive like a tw*t. But put me down in category 2.
  • Options
    What is a cockwomble?
  • Options
    This is Audiist!!!!! Cue the Stephen Fry comment from another thread :-)

Whats the difference between an Audi and any other car? The issue is that the driver is a dick for lamping the bloke who himself is a dick for...... well, for being a dick! The driver would be a dick regardless of the car he drives. Yes I do drive an Audi........but I would never lamp someone unless I had a very very good reason or no choice in the matter - e.g. being attacked.
  • Options
    What did the cyclist expect when he goes racing after the driver and banging on his window. Looks to me like he wanted a row.

Anyone else notice at the end of the video 1:45 when the traffic lights are still red, some people haven't even finished crossing the road and a cyclist goes steaming through the light.
  • Options

When a car edges up beside me in the cycle box at traffic lights I simply walk my bike forward and position myself in front of the car and pull away really slowly when the lights turn green.

Doesn't matter what people here think about it but one inescapable fact is that that passenger is going to regret that incident for the rest of his life. That is an extremely violent and unprovoked assault. That cannot be less than 12 months jail and a criminal record.

haha, i doubt he'd even get a caution!

cyclist chases the driver and confronts him in an aggressive manor, driver just has to say he got out because he thought his window was about to be put through in his face then acted in pre-empted self defence.

• Options

Both as bad as each other.

At the end of the incident the cyclist who shoots away from the lights as fast as he can annoyed me. It's very unnerving as a driver in busy traffic when cyclists are using their trip as a training session - cyclists should ride in a more predictable manner.

Are you having a laugh? The faster I pull away from the lights, the less bloody traffic I cause. One thing I find on a bike is that you literally can't win in the eyes of a lot of drivers. You're either pulling away too fast, or pulling away too slowly. At least if you're pulling away slow and get shouted at I can understand it. As a driver as well, I've got pissed off with stupid prats riding bikes in central London like they're pedaling through the pastoral countryside. The only reason motorists give it to you when you pull away faster than them is because they're pissed off that they have to sit in traffic whilst cyclists can scoot away quicker than them, and avoid it by going past outside.
  • Options
    I cant see the link at work but staggered that no one has actually blamed the Daily Mail yet...
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

What is a cockwomble?

Two examples can be found in the video above Curb_It. Keep up. :o)