Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Does Anyone Else

find themselves apologising for something when it's not their fault?!

I went to a chip shop last night (not my usual one where I know them all) and placed my order. The woman (my age or older so quite old) got it completely wrong and tried to charge me extra from what she had all ready taken into the bargain. I politely stated that I hadn't ordered what she was giving me and on checking the price list I had in fact been over charged 10p. (I'd noticed originally but didn't think it worth bothering with for 10p). Her colleague backed me up as she had heard my order. This old dear wasn't happy and told me I'd have to wait and generally thumped around for a bit.

Anyway when my food was eventually ready I heard myself saying, without thinking, "sorry about the mix up earlier" yet I'd done nothing wrong!

Just me or do others do it?

Comments

• Me always, a polite upbringing is a curse.
  • Very English attitude Len. Wouldn't find that happening in mainland Europe. ;0)

I do exactly the same thing.
  • Me sometimes. Put it down to "Catholic guilt".

I can confirm with utmost certainty Riviera isn't Catholic.
  • But it was all your fault Len. You should have known she was a thickie and spoken more clearly ;-)
  • Was she European Len?
  • I apologise for Len Glover starting this thread
  • I apologise all the time to my missus for things that aren't my fault. It's easier that way.

This
  • LenGlover said:

find themselves apologising for something when it's not their fault?!

All part of growing up and being English. It's what sets us apart from the rude,arrogant,selfish hordes over the Channel.
  • You mean like BIG_ROB?!? Bit harsh innit..........
  • Sponsored links:

• I do it EVERY bloody time gets on my nerves sometimes...

When Cannon St. was packed the other night I stopped and gestured someone could go through a gap ahead of me (as we'd got there the same time) and as I gestured I said sorry... Why FFS!!! lol!
  • You mean like BIG_ROB?!? Bit harsh innit..........

Isn't he the bloke who has a shop in Grove Park? Hardly over the Channel :0
  • JWADDICK said:

You mean like BIG_ROB?!? Bit harsh innit..........

Isn't he the bloke who has a shop in Grove Park? Hardly over the Channel :0
    A shop in Grove Park? Didn't know that.
  • edited January 2014
    This reminds me of a joke.

A bloke goes for an interview and is asked "what is your worst fault ?"

"I'm too honest" he says.

The interviewer says "I don't really think that honesty is a fault".

The bloke says "I don't give a f*ck what you think" :-)