Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

DJ Campbell to Millwall

They really deserve each other.

Comments

• Options
    Good player will score goals for them. Sad to see they got someone decent.
    Would have him if offered .No brainer.
    what has campbell done wrong to offend u? (Genuine.questiom...ive always respected him for.making.it.so.late...he was playing for Yeading in 6th.tier aged 23)
  • Options
    (Sorry, obvious, but....)

Want a bet on it ?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yep...whats ur poison? score.to charity says he gets.more than.church.smith and sordell.combined
  • Options

Yep...whats ur poison? score.to charity says he gets.more than.church.smith and sordell.combined

Think me and you CR could get more than Sordell & anyone.
    ;-)

• Options
    According to one of yesterdays rags they are paying £16000 of his £26000 a week.
  • Options

According to one of yesterdays rags they are paying £16000 of his £26000 a week.

Gary Goals doesn't even demand those wages. Would much rather Gary.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Gary Goals doesn't even demand those wages. Would much rather Gary.
    GG can score a wider variety of goals too, he does all types of goals!
  • Options
    Now plying his trade at Maidenhead in the Conference South
  • Options

Wonder if this is due to holding out for high wages, getting nowhere and then just accepting anything. Perhaps certain allegations played a part in him not getting a club at a higher level.

On a separate & unrelated note, I see Jonathon Greening who was playing for Forest last year, has signed for Tadcaster, who play in the ninth tier of English football.
  • Options

To be fair, it beats playing for Millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

At least he gets to play in front of decent crowds now.
  • Options
    How on earth has he dropped that far? Even with the allegations you would have thought that at least a League One side would have been interested.
  • Options
    Jeez. I often used DJC as an example of a player who in European terms was grossly overpaid, thanks to the absurdity of the FAPL model. But that was when he was with Championship clubs....now, I don't think anyone in Europe would actually believe me if I quoted what he was on, and where he is now.
  • Options
    On 9 December 2013, the club confirmed that Campbell was one of six men arrested by the National Crime Agency in connection with allegations of spot-fixing.[58] Campbell was not charged by the NCA and was released on bail until April 2014.[59] The same day, Rovers and their lawyers started talks with Campbell's representatives over the player's future at the club.[60] On 12 December, Campbell was granted time off from the club.[61] Following his return a few days later, Rovers manager Gary Bowyer confirmed that Campbell was available for selection for future matches on the same basis as any other player.[62] He returned to Rovers' matchday squad on Boxing Day,[63] as an unused substitute in a 0–0 draw against Sheffield Wednesday.[64] He was recalled to Blackburn's starting lineup for the visit to Leeds United on 1 January 2014.[65] Campbell left Blackburn Rovers by mutual consent on 1 July 2014.[66]

Campbell was released without charge in August 2014. He had seriously considered quitting football because of the allegations against him.[67]