Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Middlesbrough v Charlton | Sat 18th Jan 2014 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    3-1 to Boro. The Powell-outers get excited.
  • Options
    Surprise away win , better surface suits our total football ,1-2.
  • Options
    Having been there, for the players it must almost seem like a european tie it's that fecking far away. The new owner doesn't seem to have inspired the players to go out there and play for their contracts and if they continue with their current form there is no way we're winning this one. Happy to be proved monumentally wrong. :-)
  • Options
    Boro one of the in form teams at the moment so anything from this would be a bonus
  • Options
    Gritty sneaky 0-1 to the Addicks
  • Options
    Boro one of the in form teams at the moment so anything from this would be a bonus
  • Options
    5th draw in 6 games 0-0
  • Options
    I wonder. Boro are performing well. Anything other than a loss would be surplus to expectations.
  • Options

Think this is a totally different proposition under the exciting and ambitious new ownership of Roland What's-his-name.

New players coming in, new contracts and confidence coursing through our veins, as we look to a bold vision of future glory with a new sense of pride and optimism.

0-0

Yawn. Who says Belgians are boring??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A dull but welcome draw, Sir Chris continuing to demonstrate Lord Alan-like managerial skills in turning a losing side into a hard to beat side.
  • Options
    Middlesbrough v Charlton Athletic
    KEITH STROUD
    Declan Ford and James Mainwaring
    Fourth Official Alf Greenwood
  • Options
    Think this is a totally different proposition under the exciting and ambitious new ownership of Roland What's-his-name.
    New players coming in, new contracts and confidence coursing through our veins, as we look to a bold vision of future glory with a new sense of pride and optimism.

Don't know what you had for breakfast, but could you send some over.
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    yep 1-1 from me as well
  • Options
    Lets organise an 'Operation Boro' match and take 000's of Addicks up t'north....or perhaps not. Boro 2-0
  • Options
    Got good feeling about this match.
    Boro on a good run, will fall to defeat in front of an expectant home crowd.

0-2
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Lets organise an 'Operation Boro' match and take 000's of Addicks up t'north....or perhaps not. Boro 2-0

Ian Cartwright on the OS says we took 6,000 to Boro in 2006.

Their wingers will skin us; we'll lose 2-0.

• Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140117-opposition-uncovered-middlesbrough-1300235.aspx

Really informative view from the other side as to how they line up and play.
  • Options
    A team with four clean sheets in their last five up against our strike force. Pray for a Yann free kick.

On the plus side though, their defensive outlook could mean that we create a bit more than usual. Don't see their wingers catching out Wiggins and Solly no matter how fast they are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we could nick it. if we can stay good at the book and be alert for 90 mins, then who knows if yann could score
  • Options
    Fancy a 1-1 or a sneeky 1-0 win for us
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    @razil @Clem_Snide @Charlton_Charlie @rina ( i think) @oakster & @rothko in the luxury car park at The Riverside around 15 years ago - also in the picture Andy Lopata, J Prior & R Bharij - not sure who that is directly behind the flag, my state of the art digital camera in 1999 doesn't quite cut it these days.

Wonder how many of those pictured are going tomorrow!!

• Options
    Oakster said:

@razil @Clem_Snide @Charlton_Charlie @rina ( i think) @oakster & @rothko in the luxury car park at The Riverside around 15 years ago - also in the picture Andy Lopata, J Prior & R Bharij - not sure who that is directly behind the flag, my state of the art digital camera in 1999 doesn't quite cut it these days.

Wonder how many of those pictured are going tomorrow!!

That is quality. Me and @Charlton_Charlie drank about 20 cans of Stella on the way to this!

The day of the legendary Freddie Mecury abuse at the copper.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Charlton Charlie was very, very, very lucky not to be arrested by PC Mercury - don't think I have ever seen a more tolerant copper....

• Options
    Oakster said:

Charlton Charlie was very, very, very lucky not to be arrested by PC Mercury - don't think I have ever seen a more tolerant copper....

Come on, tell us all the story...

• Options

Oakster said:

PC Mecury asked @Charlton_Charlie to do something he didn't want to do. CC then let rip with a torrent of expletive ridden abuse which culminated in the friendly bobby being offered a fight and being called "a Freddie Mecury lookalike cnut".

All of this took place whilst CC devoured his 2/3 pie in 15mins sending crust, meat and gravy in every direction but his own mouth.
  • Options

Oakster said:

PC Mecury asked @Charlton_Charlie to do something he didn't want to do. CC then let rip with a torrent of expletive ridden abuse which culminated in the friendly bobby being offered a fight and being called "a Freddie Mecury lookalike cnut".

All of this took place whilst CC devoured his 2/3 pie in 15mins sending crust, meat and gravy in every direction but his own mouth.
    Ha ha! - Brilliant, Clem. I had imagined CC - bevvied up on 20 cans of Stella - taunting PC Mercury over his Mexican tache and trying to fondle his truncheon.
  • Options
    At last some grass to play on. Very bad feeling about this as Boro are quietly homing in on the play offs. 2-0 to Boro although I think we will play well. Probably a goalkeeper error from our loan signing. First double of the season.
  • Options
    Another draw for me. 1-1