Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    Jackson is not on bench for Eintracht today, although that probably doesn't mean much as I don't think he's played in a while
  • Options
    Apparently there is a Twitter rumour that Easter is joining us from Millwall. Source HOF site. Hope not...
  • Options

Apparently there is a Twitter rumour that Easter is joining us from Millwall. Source HOF site. Hope not...

Easter and Church up front?
  • Options
    Gradel on bench for St Etienne.
  • Options
    We need to know before we can sign anyone what atleast 2 of our playing staff intend to do

But imo we can't learn from one of them until SCP has his contract sorted

I expect after weds we will know more

• Options
    Richard J said:

This should be the hottest thread on the board yet I've just had to rescue it from danger of dropping off the first page. Shameful and worrying.

Agree this is the first thread I look for , what is the current state of play?

Is Max Gradel just a rubbish FR rumour I got quite enthused by him and the SCP connection and his South London connections gave me hope even though it was FR.

Likewise is the Matty Fryatt rumour wishful thinking? He played yesterday but that was only against Southend,Hull loaned him earlier this season to the Massives,so I think this is possible but maybe one that might have to wait until the temporary loan window.

Who will be the last 2 Liege loans?I think it would be good to have 1 for the temporary window for any emergencies.

Think the Sodje;s had a "South London" connection.....'tho I wouldn't bet on it.

[Apologies.....coat].

• Options

With Campbell signing for the Spanners I could see this happening. Has been a bit of a bogeyman to us in the past, but I would be underwhelmed if this was our only signing before the window ends.

If it was as one of two new strikers I would accept him as adding depth to the squad.
  • Options
    I know this makes me look dumb....but HOF Site?
  • Options
    cfgs said:

HOF is House of Fun

It's not by the way.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Just tweeted by the twitter account transfers to be , not sure if it is like FR or more credible.

Charlton Athletic, Middlesbrough and Watford are keen on signing Coventry City striker Callum Wilson. #cafc #boro #watfordfc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's out injured until March.
  • Options
    Seems like we've only really added Adjarevic, what with Thura, being a sub and Koc possibly on youth loan. Which means that we've weakened the team if you think that Stewart left. Come on RD!
  • Options

cfgs said:

HOF is House of Fun

It's not by the way.

ok thought it was a fans site dedicated to the 80s tv star.
  • Options
    Language is a bit rich on HOF, as you would expect. Easter is probably Millwall's 4th choice striker after Morison, McDonald and Pugh. I think they have just signed someone else. Oh yes D J Campbell.
    Do we really want their 5th best striker?
  • Options

Language is a bit rich on HOF, as you would expect. Easter is probably Millwall's 4th choice striker after Morison, McDonald and Pugh. I think they have just signed someone else. Oh yes D J Campbell.
    Do we really want their 5th best striker?

No
  • Options

We need to know before we can sign anyone what atleast 2 of our playing staff intend to do

Is this based on something you've been told or just what's in your gut?

• Options
    told but I wont say by whom
  • Options
    Kermogant and Morrison I guess?
  • Options

That makes a lot of sense, nla.

Everything crossed that the outcome of contract talks is what the vast majority of us are hoping for.

Tony on the coach yesterday summed it up when he said this will be a very interesting week for our Club.

• Options
    This concerns me , with no exits I think we need at least 3 / 4 players to refresh the squad , in addition we would need to replace any players lost.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Kermogant and Morrison I guess?

Wiggins & Stephens
  • Options
    Jermaine Easter signing would be depressing.
  • Options
    I reckon it's more likely to be players not involved in the first team deciding what to do, e.g. Hollands and Gower.
  • Options
    Easter is a very poor striker, surely only a rumour and we can do better?
  • Options

I reckon it's more likely to be players not involved in the first team deciding what to do, e.g. Hollands and Gower.

I wouldn't have thought that those 2 would have any bearing on it, I think its more that you cant spend your budget on players to play in a way if you need to replace players that currently play in that system and are pivotal to it,

• Options
    Bit worried that we're leaving things to late now , Powell isn't gonna get back from Yorkshire until Wednesday, 3 days to sign atleast 2-3 players !
  • Options
    From what NLA has said my guess is Stephens and Yann.
  • Options
    bobcafc7 said:

Bit worried that we're leaving things to late now , Powell isn't gonna get back from Yorkshire until Wednesday, 3 days to sign atleast 2-3 players !

I think there will be others sorting out things. SCP may want to meet a player first but none of the paper work will be completed by him.

he may be staying closer to his targets of course!

wher r we training? Anyone know?

• Options
    If we know where they are training we can then go though the whole of their squad and start a whole new thread of rumours.
  • Options
    targets would have already been decided and those prelim talks would've taken place , the mgr doesn't do the rest of it , until the deal is near completion,