Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone not been paid today due to BACs problems?

Non of my staff have been paid
WW3 will start when they find out!!!

Comments

• Options
    Some of mine haven't either.

got a few young 'uns here all happy when they came in cos it's pay day ---- got a few glum faces now LOL....

Cash subs all round by the looks of it.
  • Options
    I haven't spent last months yet, bovvered..... ;-)
  • Options
    just had a few starting to realise.. not happy bunnies!!
  • Options
    BACS have said they'll refund any overdrawn/bounced DD fees incurred as a result.
  • Options
    Surely it would be better if the wages all got CHAP'sed instead? At least everyone would get paid... Yes it would cost money to do it, but I doubt it would be much more than they're going to have to pay in OD charges etc anyway....
  • Options
    I think it's just unfortunate it happened on a Thursday night. If it had happened earlier in the week, the batch could've been re-run the next day.

Yet another example of why "working days" need to be abolished .
  • Options
    Whilst they as banks say a Chaps payment costs something like £30. The reality is that a chaps payment costs a bank pence to process, you could easily pay all the staff this way if someone got their arse in gear & beat the 4.00pm deadline.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Whilst they as banks say a Chaps payment costs something like £30. The reality is that a chaps payment costs a bank pence to process, you could easily pay all the staff this way if someone got their arse in gear & beat the 4.00pm deadline.

That's my thinking.... Got to be better to get the wages to people... Fully expecting the weekends papers to be full of "I've got no money to feed my 8 kids" stories....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]Non of my staff have been paid
    WW3 will start when they find out!!![/quote]

You sure it's the banks fault and not just you not paying them!! ;-)
  • Options
    Is it 30quid per transaction or 30quid per file for a CHAPS transfer? Where I work we have something like 3000 employees, and while they might be happy to cough up 30 quid a month to make sure they all got paid, they aren't going to stump up 90k. Luckily we get paid mid-monthly, so we aren't affected by this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's £30 they charge you it does not cost them £30. They could send a whole payment tape for £0 it's something that would have to be negotiated with the bank as they provide you with a Bacs service which they cannot guarantee at present. Therefore the Bank should in turn offer to pay for the transfers for you, it costs them naff all & as all banks make up the Chaps Business they can do it if they so wish, it's if they are willing to do it, nothing ventured nothing gained, asking is free!

That £30 everyone gets charged is a red herring it a charge they agree on each year at the Chaps Board meetings, it's just something to discourage people from using same day clearance & use the Bacs system instead.
  • Options
    This sort of thing annoys me as ordinary working people have been forced into having bank accounts regardless of whether or not they want them just to collect the rightful fruits of their labours.

It happened at Easter a year or two back and completely ruined some peoples' hard earned holiday. Not everybody is paid enough to build up a buffer against this sort of occurence.

Banks are licensed thieves FACT!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]Non of my staff have been paid
    WW3 will start when they find out!!!

You sure it's the banks fault and not just you not paying them!! ;-)

As if i would!
    At least they get paid!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Is it 30quid per transaction or 30quid per file for a CHAPS transfer? Where I work we have something like 3000 employees, and while they might be happy to cough up 30 quid a month to make sure they all got paid, they aren't going to stump up 90k. Luckily we get paid mid-monthly, so we aren't affected by this one.

I don't mean for the individual companies to do it. BACS is the banks issue, so they should be the one's sending the payments via CHAPS, and paying for any related charges. It's their issue, not the company's....