Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coulibaly..

Played in the 10-6 defeat at Tottenham, is he back or did he never leave ?

Comments

• Spurs have a kid called Coulibaly, its not the same guy
  • The one you're thinking of is still at Lens, he scored for them at the weekend
  • Tottenham's Coulibaly is meant to be the bollocks.
  • edited January 2014
    Oh, Adamo Coulibaly, if only! I saw him in our pre-season friendly at AFC Wimbledon: what an absolutely storming good striker. You know how a tall and muscular physique doesn't usually go with quickness? Coulibaly is six-feet-and-the-rest, yet he accelerated out of the blocks on an ordinary defensive back-pass and frightened the life out of the keeper- then, later, he turned and bustled through the defence with close control, poise and strength, and carved them apart. He had scored more than twenty goals in each of four consecutive seasons. Adamo Coulibaly would have set this whole division ablaze.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Tottenham's Coulibaly is meant to be the bollocks.

Bet Hitzlsperger can't wait to face him.

• Okay. Lets buy him.
  • edited January 2014

The one you're thinking of is still at Lens, he scored for them at the weekend

Oh, Adamo Coulibaly, if only! I saw him in our pre-season friendly at AFC Wimbledon: what an absolutely storming good striker. You know how a tall and muscular physique doesn't usually go with quickness? Coulibaly is six-feet-and-the-rest, yet he accelerated out of the blocks on an ordinary defensive back-pass and frightened the life out of the keeper- then, later, he turned and bustled through the defence with close control, poise and strength, and carved them apart. He had scored more than twenty goals in each of four consecutive seasons. Adamo Coulibaly would have set this whole division ablaze.

That's him. Came to us on a week's trial. Coulibaly is an absolutely stormingly good striker. Powell loved him too, but he was too expensive...

• Ah, I see where the confusion lays now, it's in my old head and my inability to read properly. Doh!
  • Ashaddick said:

Ah, I see where the confusion lays now, it's in my old head and my inability to read properly. Doh!

Instantly forgiven, Ash. Isn't there a Coulibaly at Bournemouth, too? Powell famously said Adamo has "85 agents". He was utterly superb and we lost him.

• I'm not sure how good the french 2nd tier is compared to the championship but he's not a regular starter for Lens. Only 8 starts this season so far, he's nearly always a sub.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not sure how good the french 2nd tier is compared to the championship but he's not a regular starter for Lens. Only 8 starts this season so far, he's nearly always a sub.

That's good for us. Does he fancy a move to London?

• I don't have a crystal ball, but I'm pretty sure if RD had been the owner at the time, he would still be playing in the Red of Charlton...

He looked awesome!