Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worried

Reading reports on different sites I am a little concerned.By all accounts R D does not mind changing thing,s whether its power or business I know not.
But I am a little worried there may be a break up of team(and moral) including C.P and staff,and us supporter,s will loose our Charlton as we know it,I do hope I am wrong.

Comments

• Options
    bore off with the negativity!

SINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Have to admit I'm getting a little worried myself now...

Wasnt before today but reading that we could be bringing one of their Goalkeepers in on loan!! - Thats the ONE position we dont need to worry about
  • Options
    I think that it is unrealistic to think this guy is coming in and going to maintain the status quo. That means that there is going to be change and upheaval. I suspect that CP will be one of those changes. Whether RD is a positive for the club or not we can't really judge until he starts acting in the summt. At the moment he needs to protect his investment against relegation and he will do as he seei fit. The only way he can justify his investment is through improvemen, how he does it and if we will like it is yet to be soon.
  • Options
    Now I'm worried. And hungry.

But mostly worried
  • Options
    Lets see what CP has to say at the press conference this week and then we can worry
  • Options
    He may of course bring in a goalkeeper for him to develop with us as our coaching in that area may be better/different.

He may want one of ours for Standard. We are all one family now.

May we live in exciting times.
  • Options
    What about if he changes everything you mention and it leads to a massive improvement?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

He may of course bring in a goalkeeper for him to develop with us as our coaching in that area may be better/different.

He may want one of ours for Standard. We are all one family now.

May we live in exciting times.

This is what Im hoping
  • Options
    We were not exactly going anywhere other than backwards so a change at whatever level was and is needed
  • Options
    The only thing I am worried about is if he tries to get involved in playing issues (team selcetion, tactics etc.)

He should stick to the business side of things as he clearly is very good at it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The only thing I am worried about is if he tries to get involved in playing issues (team selcetion, tactics etc.)

He should stick to the business side of things as he clearly is very good at it.

I think if I had just shelved out a tasty wedge for a club, I might just want some input into how the team plays and it would be within my rights to question tactics and selections, but yes getting directly involved in the day to day of the team would be wrong. That said, if he is shipping over the SL team, I suspect he will want them to play. CP won't be beyond the direction of the new owner as many other managers have also suffered.

• Options

What about if he changes everything you mention and it leads to a massive improvement?

Agreed, lets see what the changes are before we go into panic mode. I'm a fan of CP but he's not the be all and end all, of Datachalet genuinely has someone better lined up surely that's in the interests of Charlton to make the change ?
  • Options
    Last week we were worried about going into administration, now we're worried about everything else it seems.
  • Options
    I'm worried, I think if everyone was honest they'll all be worried to an extent, but I'm also intrigued and excited too, wondering what is going to happen, what changes will be made etc etc, it's scary but has an element of excitement too, sort of like a relegation battle. (Which I hope won't be the case end of season)
  • Options
    i had a dream i met RD last night and he was a very nice man, so everyone calm down
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well I'd be more worried if we hadn't had a takeover to be honest, as I fear we were staring down the barrel, I refuse to nit pick and draw any conclusions about our new owners until at least Friday.

Yes we might not be Roland's only child, but lets not be too hasty with our judgements, at least a positive attempt is being made to sort the playing surface out.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Agreed, lets see what the changes are before we go into panic mode. I'm a fan of CP but he's not the be all and end all, of Datachalet genuinely has someone better lined up surely that's in the interests of Charlton to make the change ?

Exactly. Last season Standard had a manager who led them to 6th in the table. He got a new manager in and now they're 4 points clear at the top of the table. Roland is clearly no mug.
  • Options
    In the summer, we were concerned about not signing enough players, administration, and even 2/3 weeks ago whether the staff were paid on time. Now we're worried about signing too many players in one position.

I know where I'd rather be.

Lets just ride it out and see where we are at the end of the season. It was mentioned ages ago in the SLP (from memory) that any takeover before January would result in mostly loans before the summer. It makes sense for RD to look at what resources are available inhouse first and foremost.
  • Options

In the summer, we were concerned about not signing enough players, administration, and even 2/3 weeks ago whether the staff were paid on time. Now we're worried about signing too many players in one position.

I know where I'd rather be.

Lets just ride it out and see where we are at the end of the season. It was mentioned ages ago in the SLP (from memory) that any takeover before January would result in mostly loans before the summer. It makes sense for RD to look at what resources are available inhouse first and foremost.

Weren't we also worrying a couple of seasons ago when we signed 19 players in one transfer window that they wouldn't all gel, perhaps following Charlton over a long period of time, particularly in recent seasons, makes people pessimistic.

I'm prepared to give RD the benefit of the doubt, I hope he gives CP time as well as sensible backing.
  • Options
    CP is still there - no stories that he is going to be replaced- The fans will let the new owner know how well thought of he is I'm sure on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CP is still there - no stories that he is going to be replaced- The fans will let the new owner know how well thought of he is I'm sure on Saturday.

Is the new owner going to be at the game Sat?
  • Options
    Are some of you forgetting that we are one step, albeit a very large step away from returning to the greatest league in the World. What we have agreed is that Roland is no mug, His early actions should make his long term plans reasonably obvious, but if it does not include pushing us hard towards the Premiership it will amaze me. We all know the jokes about famous Belgians, but this guy has his hands on a really exciting opportunity, and whats more he is well funded to give it a good crack. You lot can worry if you like, but me, I'm excited and raring to go. Get your backsides down the Valley, and let me hear the noise !
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Are some of you forgetting that we are one step, albeit a very large step away from returning to the greatest league in the World.

What, The Bundesliega?

• Options
    Go on granpa! That's what I'm talking about!
  • Options
    Has anyone subscribed to cafc player apparently theres a really good interview with powell and he seems happy
  • Options

Has anyone subscribed to cafc player apparently theres a really good interview with powell and he seems happy

Powelly sounded pleased. Said Roland wants to improve us on and off the field. Wants to improve the squad, sort out player contracts, staff contracts, improve the squad, improve us commercially and will....

"Immerse himself in everything red and white"

Very worrying indeed!
  • Options
    im not tryin to osund patronising but u guys worried are probs just worried because it is different and unknown. im sure he realises if he is any kind of astute businessman that powell is an asset and the current players are. contracts are the most important and maybe a good signing but the actual squad we have is the most important and roland must realise that. dont be worried, be excited that we have a decent owner and could be in the prem ater next season.
  • Options
    I'm worried. Worried that I don't know what I should be worrying about. It's a worry.
  • Options

im not tryin to osund patronising but u guys worried are probs just worried because it is different and unknown. im sure he realises if he is any kind of astute businessman that powell is an asset and the current players are. contracts are the most important and maybe a good signing but the actual squad we have is the most important and roland must realise that. dont be worried, be excited that we have a decent owner and could be in the prem ater next season.

This. Hopefully Richard Murray will have some level of influence, because I'm sure he like most of us fans can see Powell is a talented man with his hands tied behind his back.
  • Options
    Am in Rio at the moment so not too in tune with what is being said.
    However it's great, we have been wanting the old regime out, now that they are people are coating our potential saviours.......................give them a chance