Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Margaret and Barry Mizen MBE

Didn't want to post this on Jason's congratulatory thread but in other CAFC/Millwall related news Jimmy's parents were awarded an MBE also for their work.

Having turned every parents worse nightmare into something positive for the local community they are fully deserving of the recognition given. It doesn't seem quite right to congratulate them on something they would rather not have done but well done all the same Mr & Mrs Mizen.

Comments

• They have turned a tragedy into something positive and the award is very well deserved.
  • Met them both ať a charity golf day in September in support of the Jimmy Mizen foundation. Such a lovely couple. Really pleased for them and all the people ať the foundation that do such great work. Well deserved.
  • Congrats inspirational people
  • Yup agreed... Doesnt sound right to congratulate them but well done all the same
  • They have turned a tragedy into something positive and the award is very well deserved.

exactly .. losing a son through the actions of a violent animal must be devastating .. they have turned their tragedy into something positive .. Mrs Mizen is much more deserving of a 'damehood' than (say) Penelope Keith (who she many will ask and what has she done for humanity lately?)
  • People of immense faith and optimism, tested to their foundations, and responding bravely. They have been an inspiration to many, and as such for Barry and Margaret it is well deserved.
  • About time. Played in a football tournament to celebrate Jimmy's life the year before life and you couldn't wish to meet two more humble, down-to-earth and kind people.
  • Well deserved , must be very strong people.
  • Amazing people.
  • “Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them”
  • Sponsored links:

• I knew Jimmy and he would be so so proud of his parents. They fully deserve their recognitions.
  • Thoroughly deserved but something I wish, for their sakes and that of their son, they had never warranted.

Can only hope that they continue with the wonderful work that they do in his memory.
  • Met them a few times now and they are both warm and lovely people. As a parent you can't imagine the anguish they suffered at losing their son.

A fully deserved honour for a great couple.

• Well deserved!
  • Yes this thread here.
  • Well deserved, congratulations on turning something so tragic into something positive.
  • Only just seen this thread. Well deserved indeed.

One question though;
    I always think of the Mizens and the Knoxes as essentially the same group of people (maybe that's wrong of me?) - did the Knoxes get a gong too and, if not, does anyone know why not?

Please don't think I'm criticising the award for the Mizens, I'm not. I was just wondering, that's all.