Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chip shop scoff

It was decided that fish & chips was the order of the day for dinner but I really didn't fancy cod or rock or haddock!

I then couldn't make up my mind between cod roe or a spam fritter so I had both!

Bloody delish!

Comments

• Cor cod roe and spam fritter! Miss that since I moved to France... Ffs
  • What is cod roe?

Never had that or a spam fritter
  • you out there mate didn't know that

yeah, when did that happen? Thought he said he had a shop or something.
  • edited December 2013
    BIG_ROB said:

Cor cod roe and spam fritter! Miss that since I moved to France... Ffs

Do they do frogs legs in batter Rob? Or deep fried snails?
  • What is cod roe?

the first part of your question is believable but a sth London lad never having a spam fritter at primary school no way jose

• What is cod roe?

Really?
  • What is cod roe?

Cod roe - cod eggs

Spam fritter - spam in batter
  • edited December 2013

What is cod roe?

Cod roe is the eggs the female lays like frog spawn (no offence Rob) my other half loves it.
  • Sounds horrible
  • Sponsored links:

• BIG_ROB said:

Do you live in France Big_Rob?
  • They know how to deep fry in Scotland, pizzas being the nadir, but battered haggis being the zenith
  • Sounds horrible

A bit like caviar in batter!
  • RedChaser said:

What is cod roe?

Cod roe is the eggs the female lays like frog spawn (no offence Rob) my other half loves it.
    Wrong, it's the fish spunk & sack. Lovely
    Cod's roe is the fully ripe internal ovaries of the cod fish which is used as a cooking ingredient in a number of dishes. It is a kind of seafood that is eaten around the world and in the UK soft roe is the type of roe that is commonly eaten as opposed to hard roe. Soft roe is different from hard roe in that soft roe comes from the male genitalia of fish while hard roe is from the ovaries of the female fish.
  • Used to love Spam Fritters in school. No idea what a Cod Roe is.
  • Thanks Absudistan I'll pass on your superior knowledge, I know it won't change it's appeal though :-)
  • Two Roe, a Saveloy and chips please!
  • Home made chicken coconut curry for us tonight (my wife's Indian), with potato, spinach and mushroom veggie dish, home made chapatis, proper Indian poppadums and fried, basmati rice. All ingredients sourced from that fine food emporium, DaDoo's, Plumstead High Street. Washed down with some ice cold, imported German lagers and a bottle of Aussie red. Yum yum.
  • Home made chicken coconut curry for us tonight (my wife's Indian), with potato, spinach and mushroom veggie dish, home made chapatis, proper Indian poppadums and fried, basmati rice. All ingredients sourced from that fine food emporium, DaDoo's, Plumstead High Street. Washed down with some ice cold, imported German lagers and a bottle of Aussie red. Yum yum.

What time? :-)
  • It was decided that fish & chips was the order of the day for dinner but I really didn't fancy cod or rock or haddock!

I then couldn't make up my mind between cod roe or a spam fritter so I had both!

Bloody delish!

None of my locals do spam fritters!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• What are your locals Cray?
  • BIG_ROB said:

Do you live in France Big_Rob?
    Yeah but keep it under your hat

Mate that sounds unreal!
  • Home made chicken coconut curry for us tonight (my wife's Indian), with potato, spinach and mushroom veggie dish, home made chapatis, proper Indian

poppadums and fried, basmati rice. All ingredients sourced from that fine food emporium, DaDoo's, Plumstead High Street. Washed down with some ice cold, imported German lagers and a bottle of Aussie red. Yum yum.

Mate that sounds unreal!
    It is!

Seriously though, having authentic Indian cooking 2 or 3 nights a week throughout my married life makes you realise that most Indian restaurants are very bland and very alike.

The thing is anyone who is a reasonably competent at cooking can do the same. There are Indian cooking books galore and all the ingredients are easy to find in this area.

If you want some of the real thing try Green Lane by West Ham's ground, some of the Indian places there are off the clock!

• We've got a couple of takeaways down this way that offer you the same dishes cooked two different ways (I can't think of the word they use) but it means traditional takeaway ruby or the home cooked way
    Needless to say the home cooked style tastes much better! (Most of the indian takeaways down here are run by pakistanis though so I don't know if that makes a difference)
  • It was decided that fish & chips was the order of the day for dinner but I really didn't fancy cod or rock or haddock!

Bloody delish!

None of my locals do spam fritters!!!
    sounds like cod roe is sperm fritters, so you're not missing out on anything !! lol