Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kermorgant to Burnley rumour

I heard today that Burnley have offered Yann a 2-year deal although I understand he really wants to stay with us.

Anyone else heard this?

Needless to say, I would be gutted if he left.

Comments

• Options
    yeah, I heard it too. along with Church to Watford, Green to Blackburn and Pritch to QPR............
  • Options
    He could've gone to Blackpool in the summer and is disillusioned with us at the moment but I think on the family side he is settled so will stay if offered a deal
  • Options
    I heard this Boxing Day and mentioned it in the rumours thread that a top 3 championship side had tabled an offer for him
  • Options
    Wouldn't blame him if he did although I doubt he will. Would be a bench player there and discarded like a shot if they win promotion. Better staying where he is loved and enjoys living. Burnley is a complete shite hole.
  • Options
    If we lose Kermorgant then we are utterly rogered. Hoping he won't fancy being bench fodder and as soon as we stick a contract under his nose, he'll sign it.
  • Options
    no. dont even say that.
  • Options
    I also heard that he really wants to stay with us.... But bearing in mind he's a free agent in the summer and will walk away from us for free is this a chance to get some cash for him?
  • Options
    What would be the point in getting 200k max for him when he could be the difference between relegation and survival?
  • Options
    I reckon he'll stay with us if he can as has a great relationship with Chris Powell and then fans, yet of course if there is no sign of an Extension from us then ultimately he'll have to look else where for his own security
  • Options

What would be the point in getting 200k max for him when he could be the difference between relegation and survival?

I'd keep him all day long, thinking more from a cash strapped club opinion
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He turned down Celtic when we came up from League 1 to if I remember correctly.
  • Options

I'd keep him all day long, thinking more from a cash strapped club opinion
    Oh I agree, it'd be considered for sure but I'd like to think the club have a bit more sense than that.
  • Options
    At this stage of his career, I'd say he's better off staying where he's loved, settled and playing. We are obviously failing to offer contracts because of the takeover/uncertainty so once that's sorted I'm sure we'll renew? Hopefully!
  • Options
    He'll stay, he'll be one of the first offered a new deal once the takeover goes through
  • Options
    I hope the fourth thing is to ask for some new players.
  • Options
    I think he will stay, if he doesn't we are in serious trouble...

I know a lot of people love him because of his commitment etc but I think a lot of people miss just how important a playmaker he is, he has a better eye for a pass than Stephens I would argue.
  • Options
    1st Feb cannot come soon enough!
  • Options
    Until I saw this thread I'd kinda forgotten how bad things could get when the window opens. It would be a big blow to lose Yann.
  • Options
    Blackburn
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doncaster
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Blackburn
  • Options
    Scarborough
  • Options
    Palace?
  • Options
    Not even mentioned on Twitter if you type in "Kermorgant Burnley". I normally find that if there's even a slight rumour doing the rounds, it returns some results on there.

So hopefully it's nonsense like I suspect.
  • Options
    would he get in their side ? .. they have Ings and Vokes, the most consistent champ strike force right now .. on the other hand, Burnley are in with a good shout for promotion .. they could see Kermorgant as an insurance to maintain momentum if either of the two main men become indisposed .. this could be a chance for Kermorgant to spend the twilight of his career in the Prem .. I hope it does not come to pass
  • Options
    If we can offer him a new contract, he will stay
  • Options

Can we start a whip round.
  • Options
    kimbo said:

Can we start a whip round.
    Sounds a bit kinky :-0