Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Abbey Wood Murder

"Police were alerted around 9.25am today, Wednesday March 28, to premises in Bracondale Road, SE2. They found the bodies of a 37-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman."

Very Sad. Grew up not far from there and went to a party at the club house just over the railway line just a few months ago.

Any one heard anymore?

Comments

• Love the topic/category you choose.....
  • [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Love the topic/category you choose.....

made me larf out loud stone, now people think i am a mentalist!
  • sorry, was meant to be "not Charlton related" not the rather bad taste "troubleshooting".
  • I have but not sure I should say too much.

The man is a member of a very well known family in Charlton, Woolwich, Abbey Wood etc!

Given who they are I expect there to be major repercussions.

If you want me to whisper info to you I will.
  • edited! Go on, leave as 'Troubleshooting'
  • Oh henners you changed it, now people will think me and stone are mentalist!
  • i thought you expected Lookout to go round there with a set of mini spanners, and solve it Jessica Fletcher style...
  • Police were alerted around 9.25am today, Wednesday March 28, to premises in Bracondale Road, SE2. They found the bodies of a 37-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman."

Very Sad. Grew up not far from there and went to a party at the club house just over the railway line just a few months ago.

Any one heard anymore?

I Live literally around the corner in Blithdale, forgot to look on the net this morning as I saw all the forensics last night outside the house and the road was cordened off.

Horrible when it is on your doorstep
  • [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]

I Live literally around the corner in Blithdale, forgot to look on the net this morning as I saw all the forensics last night outside the house and the road was cordened off.

I grew up at 174 Mcleod Rd opp. the playing field
  • sad stuff, don't know abbey wood too well, but sad all the same whether near or far.

whats the repercussions sporaddick?
  • Sponsored links:

• Hi Suzi

Ask Curb-It she has an idea now!
  • Well I know a few faces in SE London but I've never heard of these people.

Named in the News Shopper.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/topstories/display.var.1292204.0.murder_victims_named.php
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Well I know a few faces in SE London but I've never heard of these people.

Named in the News Shopper.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/topstories/display.var.1292204.0.murder_victims_named.php

You must have heard of the Starbuck family, surely? Harry Starbuck was a bare-knuckle fighter in the 70's(?) and a nightclub owner in Deptford. He fought against Lennie McLean and the fight featured in his autobigraphy 'The Guv'nor'.
  • Blimey Harry Starbuck one of my dad's best mates they used to bare knuckle fight together -

This is going to get very very messy.
  • standard

bit more on it here.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]Blimey Harry Starbuck one of my dad's best mates they used to bare knuckle fight together -

This is going to get very very messy.

Did they fight each other Arf, or appear on the same bill as it were?

Got a bit of a history, family wise, in the bare knuckle game meself around SE London. Do the surnames Glover or Fibbins ring any bells?
  • Starbuck didnt actually fight mclean tho! only finished reading that book recently
  • edited March 2007
    oh i dunno JW I'll ask the old man tonight - deffo didn't fight each other they were pals - i am sure my old man will know those names - he knows everyone is SE LOndon or it seems he does - can't go anywhere without someone saying hellO drives ya mad.

EDIT ---

Just spoke to the old man yeah he knows both
  • edited March 2007
    Never heard of him/them......

Thanks for the Whispers though everyone.
  • well known around abbey wood, belvedere. am i right in thinking Abbey Arms ?
  • Sponsored links:

• read the article on this is london it says the woman killed and her ex husband who is this harry starbucks son used to run it

will there be repercussions then if its harry starbucks daughter in law and con b/f, murder and suicide as they might not have anything to do with harry starbuck now and his clan?
  • hopefully that will be the end of it.

Haven't drunk in the Abbey Arms since about 1978 - was a real dump then. No decent pubs in Abbey Wood when I was a kid.
  • So he's responsible for the influx of expensive coffee drinking establishments.
  • edited March 2007
    Didn't hear about this till the afternoon/evening on that day, but on my way to college i went to knock for my mate, and he lives just off Basildon road , and i did hear loads of Sirens just couldnt work out where they were coming from.

Other mate who lives in Bastion road also said that he saw a couple of ambulances zoom past.

I live just at the top of Bostall hill, so it's not too near, but it's only 10 minutes walk away.

Have heard about lot's of bare-knuckle fighting and cage fighting, but mostly in Thamesmead.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I grew up at 174 Mcleod Rd opp. the playing field
    [cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]
    I live just at the top of Bostall hill, so it's not too near, but it's only 10 minutes walk away.
    My mate lived at the bottom of Bostall Hill for 15 years, he grew up in Viola Avenue - right near McLeod Road.

Unfortunately, he's a glory-hunting Gooner...