Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darts tonight

Comments

• Smith vs Wright was a class match. There was one set in particular that was the best I've ever seen.
  • Yep agreed, had 4-3 either way. Called it before to be game of tourney, need Lewis 4-2, 4-3 tomoz for decent treble.
  • Agreed, brilliant nights darts
  • edited December 2013
    Off there tomorrow today* for the afternoon session. Always a good day/night out :)

*edited...just seen the time :(
  • Looking forward to my annual pilgrimage to the ally pally this afternoon
  • shirty5 said:

Looking forward to my annual pilgrimage to the ally pally this afternoon

On my way, hopefully see you there mate. I'll be with TelMc32, Afternoon Delight and a few others
  • TelMc32 said:

Off there tomorrow today* for the afternoon session. Always a good day/night out :)

You've got some quality darts to watch this afternoon Tel, should be some great games.
  • This tournament has been absolutely quality
  • That was an incredible qf. Feel a bit for Newton, he's got to be pig sick of losing like that, but Wright was quality apart from a poor start and a dip in form in the middle of the match.
  • Another great match. White did well to come back after looking dead and buried early on, but nerves got the better of him. Hats off to Brett Lee for his consistent scoring - and some quality finishes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Still got 3 of my 4 picks still in, Wright @ 50/1
    Whitlock 33/1, wad 28/1
    Been one of the best tournaments ever even without Taylor and Barney doing well for ALL ROUND quality.
  • The Wright / Newton final set was TOP DARTS
  • Yeah was brilliant. Wright has been player of tournament, win or not.
  • The Wright / Newton final set was TOP DARTS

Final set starting soon on Sky Sports 4

• red_murph said:

TelMc32 said:

You've got some quality darts to watch this afternoon Tel, should be some great games.
    A cracking day...paying for it now! Could you all make sure that you're nice & quiet at the game later please!! ;-)
  • Not John parts biggest fan but his commentary is head and shoulders above anybody else.
    Better than Bristows lifeless dribble and Mardels pointing out the obvious nonsense.
  • Great viewing on TV last night....looking forward to seeing it live tonight. Straight there after today's match....Valley Ally Pally Day for me!
  • Gutted I missed most of yesterdays action. MVG v Anderson looked tasty and massive respect to Wright, he will push Whitlock all the way.

Had money on Lewis at the start and still fancy him to do it but it really is open now.
  • Mardel is a twat
  • Whats a matter with Lewis, he looks like he doesn't want to be there and his 3-0 up
  • Sponsored links:

• Any fellow Addicks going to the Charlton Masters this year at the end of Feb? Couldn't make it last year but well up for it this time around.

van Gerwen, Wade, Van der Voort & Bobby George...

http://dartshop.tv/a/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=168
  • Some top players, would possibly go but £37 is very expensive
  • Was at Ally Pally for the 1st round with the two nine darters, unbelievable darts. Saw this Charlton Masters advertised, has anyone been before? What's the set up of it? The atmosphere, walk ons, music etc. is half the allure of going the darts, probably wouldnt spend 37 on an event if it werent a similar set up to the world champs, grand slam, PL which are the same price give or take.
  • I went to the first one a few years ago. It was a very good evening!
  • Was at Ally Pally for the 1st round with the two nine darters, unbelievable darts. Saw this Charlton Masters advertised, has anyone been before? What's the set up of it? The atmosphere, walk ons, music etc. is half the allure of going the darts, probably wouldnt spend 37 on an event if it werent a similar set up to the world champs, grand slam, PL which are the same price give or take.

MLS, from looking at a review from a darts website it's more an exhibition type thing. Last time, four amateurs got to play the top boys and then in the second half they all play each other. All looks very lighthearted and a bit of fun, is that right Sonic?

Must say, as a one off I don't think it's that bad a price. Thinking of the £50 ticket which gives you a meet & greet with the players, buffet, table at the front and table service.
  • I went to the first one a few years ago. It was a very good evening!

Was there walk on girls.
  • Lewis and Wright to win the semis for me. Would rather MVG but think Lewis will just about shade it.
  • edited December 2013
    red_murph said:

Was at Ally Pally for the 1st round with the two nine darters, unbelievable darts. Saw this Charlton Masters advertised, has anyone been before? What's the set up of it? The atmosphere, walk ons, music etc. is half the allure of going the darts, probably wouldnt spend 37 on an event if it werent a similar set up to the world champs, grand slam, PL which are the same price give or take.

MLS, from looking at a review from a darts website it's more an exhibition type thing. Last time, four amateurs got to play the top boys and then in the second half they all play each other. All looks very lighthearted and a bit of fun, is that right Sonic?

Must say, as a one off I don't think it's that bad a price. Thinking of the £50 ticket which gives you a meet & greet with the players, buffet, table at the front and table service.
    I've been to a couple and it is quite entertaining, although on both occasions the quality of the darts was so so.
  • Mike said:

Lewis and Wright to win the semis for me. Would rather MVG but think Lewis will just about shade it.</blockquote

Couldn't call it to be honest.

Like both Wright and Whitlock, happy for either of them to get through. May the best darter win.

Massive respect for MVG but think Lewis has properly matured over the last couple of years and really hope he goes on to win. Would not bet either way on that game though. 50/50.

• So whats the new song this year that they are all singing, there's no limits one.