Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Sheff Wed | Sun 29th Dec 2013 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

I'm gonna go 1-3

are you going OP

I am heading for a 2-1

Off out tonight and will be way too hungover for that early start so sadly no, shame because I always enjoy my visits to the Valley.

• Options
    good preview @StubleyAddick .. tough game for a hopefully unchanged team (CAFC that is) which has struck form. Our midfield is buzzing, defence secure, attack at last looking dangerous.

CAFC 3 v Sheffield Wednesday 1 .. Wilson on the rampage ( ((:>), Kermorgant back to his best, pacey Stewart causing trouble out wide and the back four as solid as the rock(s) of Gibraltar
  • Options
    I am match sponsor for this game on behalf of Solar Radio, so hoping to maintain our good track-record with sponsored games!
  • Options
    CAFC players after new contracts, Yann looking fitter, Solly back it's 2-1 the Addicks
  • Options
    Wendies have two clean sheets in last two away games and will be as tall as trees, playing 451.

All bad for us as we are best when teams come at us.

It is a game where if a goal is scored, whoever scores it will certainly not lose.

Important to start well, using the momentum from boxing day and get the crowd involved. Win if this happens, however, if a repeat of the Ipswich start after the Doncaster home gate, then a defeat.
  • Options

I am match sponsor for this game on behalf of Solar Radio, so hoping to maintain our good track-record with sponsored games!

Nice one, SA and good luck in maintaining that track record.

• Options
    Got a bad feeling we will lose this one 1-2 again.

And this place will be crawling with wendies just like last year.
  • Options

And this place will be crawling with proper football fans just like last year.

lol

• Options
    No recollection of Wednesday all over the gaff ? except back in the day :)

Got a very good feeling about this 2-0 h/t, 3-0 ft
  • Options
    Played it on Fifa 14 and going with that result of 1-1.

Wickham 75mins, Stewart 86mins.

Although we then lost to a Golden Goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

What colour were Stewart's shorts?
  • Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Macronate said:

What colour were Stewart's shorts?
    WHITE

• Options
    shame OP might be the last time we are in the same league for a while

8)
  • Options
    Well one things for sure, with both our central defenders - Wood & Morrison - having played for Wednesday, and by all accounts Wednesday fans having no great love for either, then I think we can safely say that both Wood and Morrison will have storming games tomorrow in order to ensure the abuse they are going to get can be shoved back down the mouths of the Wednesday fans.
  • Options
    2-0 Addicks. We're all a bit too optimistic about this one so we'll probably lose though. Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Got draw written all over it. 1-1.
  • Options

And this place will be crawling with proper football fans just like last year.

lol

Pwoppa
  • Options
    A nervy 1-0 win - JJ to score after coming off the bench
  • Options
    Hope the players remain focused what with all this kerfuffle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got a couple of Wendies staying with me tonight. They're pessimistic with a draw at best for them. They're probably right though draw will be better for us than them. If they win they ain't staying here tomorrow night ;-)
  • Options
    Here's Jacko's winner at their place from the 101 points season --> http://plentyofshots.wordpress.com/2013/12/29/johnnie-jackson-goal-vs-sheffield-wednesday/

MASSIVE game, be great if we got something from it.
  • Options
    It's a tricky game to predict. If we start well mans get ahead, it could be a comfortable. The longer it stays 0-0 over the first hour, the more likely I can see Sheffield W nicking it 1-0.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yes, If we get an early goal or indeed the first goal I expect it to be comfortable, but as you said the longer it is 0-0, the more chance we will suffer a sucker blow. This has the potential to be a dour game because I suspect if it is 0-0, we won't push too much and Wednesday wont for sure - 4 points from the last 2 games would be considered a reasonable return. I think the game as a spectacle will need the earlyish goal.
  • Options
    Tough one this.

Reckon the pitch favoured us against Brighton, but will favour Wendy against us today.

1-1
  • Options
    Hi, quick update, the match thread wont start until 2.30 as I'm out to dinner at in-laws.
  • Options
    Bloody in laws.
  • Options
    Taken from the Brighton review

Good news . I can't make this one and the only other two i missed was Leicester and Doncaster ( the rematch) and we won both of them. 2-0 win

If Beds is going then bad times!

• Options
    Little piggy
    Poor excuse more like ur teams playing crap and u can't
    Be bothered to see another defeat
    Thought u was a fan ? An hangover as an excuse
    Uve gone down in my estimations
  • Options
    My nephew is mascot today hope hes a lucky one! 3-1 to the addicks