Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Malky Mackay - Sacked

Comments

• Options
    richie8 said:

Talking to a Cardiff supporting mate,he doesn't think Tan actually has any money,its all been done on the spending money they haven't got yet.The man seems clueless!

Most of the modern breed of owner (people like Abramovich and the Man City sheikh aside) don't have any money - all of their wealth is borrowed. The more people like Yeung, Tan and the Venkys are allowed to pass the joke that is the 'fit and proper person' test, the more shitehawks there will be owning football clubs.
  • Options
    Anothet one bites the dust but is anyone on here really surprised?
  • Options

richie8 said:

Talking to a Cardiff supporting mate,he doesn't think Tan actually has any money,its all been done on the spending money they haven't got yet.The man seems clueless!

Most of the modern breed of owner (people like Abramovich and the Man City sheikh aside) don't have any money - all of their wealth is borrowed. The more people like Yeung, Tan and the Venkys are allowed to pass the joke that is the 'fit and proper person' test, the more shitehawks there will be owning football clubs.
    RU sure the venkeys money is borrowed? Google says they are worth £500million. Chump change for you Leroy?
  • Options
    Couldn't happen to a nicer set of fans!! Millwall mark two - fuck em.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Clarke, Mackay and maybe Hughton and Allardyce. Sad that of the very few Brits managing in the Prem so many of them have fallen or are teetering on the brink. Not only does it seem tougher for them to get the top jobs, but they also seem to get the push pretty easily.

Sad for Malky Mackay but he'll be back. Sad for all the decent Cardiff fans too - but without their owners money they wouldn't have got into the Prem in the first place - better to limp along in the lower leagues and keep your soul, or take the megalomania that seems to come with the money. Tough choice.

Not a tough choice at all for me, I'd rather be in the non league but still have a club which resembles the one I fell in love with. If the only way to get there (which thankfully it isn't... yet) is to give up on tradition and decency then fuck the Premier League, I loved Football and Charlton before it and I'll love them after it.

• Options

Davo55 said:

Clarke, Mackay and maybe Hughton and Allardyce. Sad that of the very few Brits managing in the Prem so many of them have fallen or are teetering on the brink. Not only does it seem tougher for them to get the top jobs, but they also seem to get the push pretty easily.

Sad for Malky Mackay but he'll be back. Sad for all the decent Cardiff fans too - but without their owners money they wouldn't have got into the Prem in the first place - better to limp along in the lower leagues and keep your soul, or take the megalomania that seems to come with the money. Tough choice.

Not a tough choice at all for me, I'd rather be in the non league but still have a club which resembles the one I fell in love with. If the only way to get there (which thankfully it isn't... yet) is to give up on tradition and decency then fuck the Premier League, I loved Football and Charlton before it and I'll love them after it.

Tend to agree with you but I wouldn't mind betting that half of the Cardiff fans would take the Prem, Tan and all, rather than slip down again. Same for fans of most clubs.
  • Options

richie8 said:

RU sure the venkeys money is borrowed? Google says they are worth £500million. Chump change for you Leroy?
    i'd heard that the Venkys were clueless but good people at heart ....on the quiet they went in to Blackburn Cathedral and donated a million squid to the repair fund
  • Options
    And people seem happy for us to sell out to the first crackpot who comes along with a cheque book.

Be careful what you wish for.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

AFC Charlton . Has a nice ring to it.

• Options
    Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

Tend to agree with you but I wouldn't mind betting that half of the Cardiff fans would take the Prem, Tan and all, rather than slip down again. Same for fans of most clubs.
    There would obviously be a divide in opinion - as Prague points out above, you only have to look at the number of red shirts in a Cardiff City crowd to find evidence of how easily led some football fans are but, without wishing to sound arrogant, anyone who looks at Cardiff and Hull and still thinks playing in the Premier League is worth it at any price is just plain wrong imo and I'd rather they went to watch a club that's already there rather than encourage another Vincent Tan to buy Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

richie8 said:

500 million in borrowed, leveraged money. They haven't got any liquid cash, and their assets are overvalued in the extreme. Their business is a total basket case.
  • Options

richie8 said:

500 million in borrowed, leveraged money. They haven't got any liquid cash, and their assets are overvalued in the extreme. Their business is a total basket case.
    Chicken in a basket
  • Options
    Most football finances are more soup in a basket:-)
  • Options
    edited December 2013

richie8 said:

Personally I think the `fit and proper person' test is a bit of a myth....I mean has anyone ever heard of anyone failing it?

I think the powers that be have put it out there to create the illusion to the public that they have some degree of control.....which I don't believe they have. To be honest I don't think they could do it anyway cos they wouldn't have the authority to look into peoples personal finances.....certainly not potential buyers/owners from abroad. They are a national sport authority, not the Law of the land......besides, I don't think they actually give a fuck. This is the gravy train period of English football and as long as the spot lights burn bright and the cash keeps rolling in they'll except the collateral damage of the `wanker owners' that get drawn to these shores. How much are the global TV contracts worth?

• Options
    Brendan Rodgers is the 4th longest serving PL manager. Hasn't even been there 18 months.
  • Options

richie8 said:

Personally I think the `fit and proper person' test is a bit of a myth....I mean has anyone ever heard of anyone failing it?

I think the powers that be have put it out there to create the illusion to the public that they have some degree of control.....which I don't believe they have. To be honest I don't think they could do it anyway cos they wouldn't have the authority to look into peoples personal finances.....certainly not potential buyers/owners from abroad. They are a national sport authority, not the Law of the land......besides, I don't think they actually give a fuck. This is the gravy train period of English football and as long as the spot lights burn bright and the cash keeps rolling in they'll except the collateral damage of the `wanker owners' that get drawn to these shores. How much are the global TV contracts worth?

Exactly right. I'm reminded of an old Simpsons episode where Lionel Hutz runs a real estate agency and hire Marge for a job. She of course tries to match buyers to properties that are 'right' for them. Explaining sales technique to her, he tells her 'the right house, is the one that's for sale. The right person, is anybody'.
  • Options
    You can get 50/1 on Vincent Tan being the next manager.
  • Options

I'm tempted, and I'm not a betting man
  • Options

I would love to see that.

• Options
    Norwich will be lining up Mackay as we speak. Norwich lose next game Hughton will be gone, the fans dislike him up there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Vincent Tan looks like a Peter Sellers character.
    imageimage
  • Options
    He's fat
    He's vile
    He'll sack you gangnam style
    Vincent tan, Vincent tan!
  • Options
    How can Cardiff be paying out those sort of wages!?

Madness if true.

• Options
    explains the sacking tbh, some of those wages figures are grotesque rises for two bob players
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2013
    Sure thing, but who ultimately approved the spending, that is Tan himself. Tan has also promised a shed load of money for new signings for the new manager appointed. Of course doesn't say who is picking those players or whether the new manager has to put up with Tan trying to pick the team every Saturday.

Good luck for Cardiff meeting FPP if / when they get relegated.
  • Options
    Some of the stories i've read about Tan are unbelievable. Didn't he tell Mackay that they should shoot from long range more after Hudson scored a 64 yard fluke?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    mrbligh said:

He's fat
    He's vile
    He'll sack you gangnam style
    Vincent tan, Vincent tan!

You realise Gangnam is a place in Korea and Tan is Malaysian, right?