Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    @FulhamFC: Fulham Football Club has confirmed it has appointed Alan Curbishley as First Team Technical Director. #ffc #coyw http://t.co/q58o2A7YR1
  • Options
    Boom that's them safe....
    Have that palace
  • Options
    He can renew his relationship with Parker and Bent
  • Options
    What the feck is a technical director when he's at home ?
  • Options
    My first thought was has Meulensteen even heard of him, but his words seem to suggest he supports the appointment.
    Good luck Curbs and welcome back to the game
  • Options
    What does that even mean? Is this a head coach/director of football deal?
  • Options
    Good luck Alan!!
  • Options
    shame its not us,would of been great to have him working with cp
  • Options
    Means he gets the job as manager when the other bloke gets sacked.
  • Options
    Watch Bent start playing now. Curbs will get the best out of him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't see that coming, well done Alan!
  • Options
    Good luck to him
  • Options
    Good luck curbs
  • Options
    All the best to arguably Charlton's greatest ever manager.
  • Options

What does that even mean? Is this a head coach/director of football deal?

I read an article on Sky about the sacking of Steve Clarke the other day and got the impression that a technical director generally deals with the work of signing players.Fulham probably needed someone with experience in time for the January transfer window,and of course as well as the relegation battle.

Good luck to Curbs.Wish it were us but nevertheless glad to see him back in business.Being a pundit is/was simply a waste of his talent and experience.
  • Options

He'll never get another job ..... Oh does this count ?
    So many clubs missed out on his talents that he'd have gone to , shocking
  • Options
    edited December 2013

He'll never get another job ..... Oh does this count ?
    So many clubs missed out on his talents that he'd have gone to , shocking

Not in football and on that basis Fulham don't count. Strange one this. Well done Curbs now who can he lend us.

• Options
    He might bomb Parker out ..... Or would you prefer Bent
  • Options
    Bent would do nicely.

Despite finding out about Sodje, I would not be unhappy if our striker was Bent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imagine the Parker Chelsea transfer still haunts curbs to this day and he forces a loan move for him back to the valley. Well done curbs good to see ya back.
  • Options
    It's a Christmas miracle
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Imagine the Parker Chelsea transfer still haunts curbs to this day and he forces a loan move for him back to the valley. Well done curbs good to see ya back.

He signed him for West Ham so probably not. Its weird that Fulham of all teams have arguably our greatest manager, midfielder and striker in recent memory.
  • Options
    Lets hope his avoiding relegation magic continues.
  • Options
    He's back in the race .. all the best to Lord Llewellyn
  • Options
    Delighted for him. Good luck.
    I wasn't just puzzled that he was out so long, it gave me a very uneasy feeling, that there was something we didn't know about, which would explain it. Anyway he's back, in the FAPL, and a good route back into full management in time.
  • Options
    I worried that he would never get another job in football which would have been a waste of his talents. So I'm delighted he's got this role and I hope it leads on to other roles within the game.
  • Options

Delighted for him. Good luck.
    I wasn't just puzzled that he was out so long, it gave me a very uneasy feeling, that there was something we didn't know about, which would explain it. Anyway he's back, in the FAPL, and a good route back into full management in time.

Think it was the tribunal case, and him not being willing to drop down to the Championship.

Good appointment by Fulham I think, assume curbs will deal with the 'admin' side of management, so scouting, signings, contracts etc, allowing Meulenstein to concentrate on his area of strength coaching day to day.
  • Options
    Congrats to Curbs. Good way back in for him.
  • Options
    Could see him back at the Valley next season. hahahaha