Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What's your most hated xmas song ?

2»

Comments

• edited December 2013

Little Drummer Boy - Bing and Bowie

At least with this one you can change the words:

I have a gift for you
    Parupapumpum
    It's uppa my bum

Feeble I know, but always makes me laugh
  • Pogues and Cliff Richard. Mariah Carey as well.
  • All of them except the Pogues
  • stevec said:

All of them except the Pogues

Pogues at Brixton last night were brilliant.

(Mind you McGowan could only do 2 songs at a time, before exiting the stage & someone else taking over, for one song before he returned. Chain smoking & drinking what looked like whiskey, on stage, he looked like the Living Dead. I reckon he's got 3 years max, looking at the state of him.)
  • I generally can't stand any Xmas song tbh, with an honourable exception being pogues, despite liking them, even this is wearing thin. Anysong I hear over and over becomes wearing.

This year I have a particular dislike, i can't stand the lily Allen destruction of a quality song. It reminds me of Leona lewis destroying a snow patrol tune.
  • I generally can't stand any Xmas song tbh, with an honourable exception being pogues, despite liking them, even this is wearing thin. Anysong I hear over and over becomes wearing.

This year I have a particular dislike, i can't stand the lily Allen destruction of a quality song. It reminds me of Leona lewis destroying a snow patrol tune.

Chasing cars.
  • That's the one, took all the passion out of it.
  • The Drummer Boy thing is the only one that gets a genuinely angry emotional reaction from me.

Although I'm bemused by anyone liking the Pogues song. Which only narrowly fits into the category of 'music'.
  • Pogues obviously goes above your head. They are the oirish john cooper Clarke to some degree, even though most of them are English born. Guess it helps to have some potato ancestry to really enjoy them.

Chasing cars.
    I think it was 'Run'

• Sponsored links:

• Can't stand the Pogues

Bing and Bowie is pretty good. Still not as good as Kevin Bloody Wilson though
  • I got dragged along to Brixton to see their Christmas show a few years ago by an ex girlfriend whose family were all of oirish descent. Thought I'd hate it but they were really good. About fifty of her family all pissed as farts giving it large about the old country on the way back. One of whom I've known for twenty years who only has gotten an irish accent in the last five. That took the shine off a bit
  • MrLargo said:

The Slade one. Must have made a fortune out of it being hideously over played, year after year.

Was told today he gets £500,000 a year in royalties for this annoying song.
  • Shoot Bing and Bowie and close second is Mistletoe and wine followed by McCartneys drivel, The Pogues deserve better than to be classified as a Christmas song
  • The rave reveiws of the Pogues grates as it's so averagely por, just the insults half way through make it stand out. But for genuine dirge, Lennon 's wretched 'Merry Christmas (war is over)' is leagues apart. Hate it!! Followed by anything by Cliff Richard and Wham whining about 'Last Christmas'.
  • Shakin' Stevens Merry Christmas Everyone is pretty grim too, definitely a Christmas song by numbers effort!
  • ...Wham whining about 'Last Christmas'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naiYu9KtA4I
  • edited December 2013
    That one by The Darkness - so high pitched it's painful and a poor excuse for a bell end pun. Fortuately it doesn't get much airplay. Not keen on Cliff Richard, and I find the John Lennon one dull until they get to the bit at the end where they all sing "War is over NOOOOOOOW" incredibly tunelessly, and I want to punch everyone involved until they shut up.
  • All I want for Christmas is a Beatle - Dora Bryan
  • Jayajosh said:

MrLargo said:

The Slade one. Must have made a fortune out of it being hideously over played, year after year.

Was told today he gets £500,000 a year in royalties for this annoying song.
    How good would that be knowing you're gonna get paid that every year!

I love all the Christmas songs