Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Facebook users.

Anyone else have trouble with their FB today? Everything else has been fine just FB playing up.

Comments

• Yes, been really slow when it has been occasionally working. And most of the day it hasn't been working at all.
  • Yes, been really slow when it has been occasionally working. And most of the day it hasn't been working at all.

Cheers for that.
  • Oh no. How on earth can I find out what my school friend (that I haven't seen since 1983) had for lunch today?

It's the end of the world as we know it..................
  • Oh no. How on earth can I find out what my school friend (that I haven't seen since 1983) had for lunch today?

Agree there is a lot of old bollocks on there (pictures of friends kids....100's of them at times) but it is useful for messaging etc, plus I've family in South Africa who use it quite a bit so it's useful for keeping in touch with them.

And I feel fine.
  • FB is how I'm getting my news about the admin and I haven't been able to access it. Are we finished yet?

You alright hun?
  • Not a great lover of facebook...but, having an alldayer in Bexleyheath on Saturday with a bunch of good blokes who I haven't seen in about 20 years, arranged on facebook - can't wait
  • T.C.E said:

Oh no. How on earth can I find out what my school friend (that I haven't seen since 1983) had for lunch today?

You alright hun?
    Inboxed
  • Not a great lover of facebook...but, having an alldayer in Bexleyheath on Saturday with a bunch of good blokes who I haven't seen in about 20 years, arranged on facebook - can't wait

It's very good for that type of thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• only joined facebook on sunday to say happy birthday to my cousin in Oz
  • Hate facebook
    I don't want to knew everyone else's business
    And I certainly don't want them knowing mine
  • Hate facebook

Don't understand this logic at all. It's in your hands what you share and what you want to see.

I honestly believe it's helped me keep contact with people that I'd not have elsewhere. It wasn't even around when I was at uni but has allowed me maintain those relationships.
  • It's basically the only way I stay in contact with friends from home.

Even if it can be a proper pain in the arse in China.
  • WSS said:

Hate facebook

Don't understand this logic at all. It's in your hands what you share and what you want to see.

I honestly believe it's helped me keep contact with people that I'd not have elsewhere. It wasn't even around when I was at uni but has allowed me maintain those relationships.
    Can't see a difference between CL & FB myself originally joined CL to read about Charlton with like minded people and joined FB to enter Bailey into a dog show and talk dogs with like minded people. Now I talk to people about Dogs and Charlton along with the Upbeats on both. Both are a very useful and I have used CL as an outlet when feeling very low and alone as have others. Like a tv they have other options, I choose not to watch or read something as I do to write something.
  • I have a spoof facebook account which I opened to play a prank on one of my daughters a few years back but rarely use at all now.

I gave the bare minimum of information and set it to let as few people as possible see my information.

Despite all those precautions I still get inundated with emails asking if I know so and so because they are linked to one of my friends!

It's the intrusion and lack of privacy, regardless of the careful precautions taken during the setting up process, that I detest about it and thus I will not use it even if I feel so inclined.
  • LenGlover said:

I have a spoof facebook account which I opened to play a prank on one of my daughters a few years back but rarely use at all now.

I gave the bare minimum of information and set it to let as few people as possible see my information.

Despite all those precautions I still get inundated with emails asking if I know so and so because they are linked to one of my friends!

It's the intrusion and lack of privacy, regardless of the careful precautions taken during the setting up process, that I detest about it and thus I will not use it even if I feel so inclined.

Then you don't know how to use it properly.
  • edited December 2013

Not a great lover of facebook...but, having an alldayer in Bexleyheath on Saturday with a bunch of good blokes who I haven't seen in about 20 years, arranged on facebook - can't wait

Blinding day, evening, night in The Volunteer - probs would not have happened without facebook - oh yeah - change the good blokes to great blokes :)
  • LenGlover said:

I have a spoof facebook account which I opened to play a prank on one of my daughters a few years back but rarely use at all now.

Probably worth turning the emails off then? I've never had and mail from FB.
  • LenGlover said:

You do realise its just an automatic computer thing that's asking you if you know so and so? Its not some man who works for Facebook personally spying on you.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2013

LenGlover said:

You do realise its just an automatic computer thing that's asking you if you know so and so? Its not some man who works for Facebook personally spying on you.
    Yes I do realise that it is automatically generated but that doesn't alter my point firstly that unsolicited emails making use of my data are intrusive and secondly, even though automatically generated, a human could theoretically access that information should they be so inclined.

Yes I could divert facebook to trash or junk but, with my daughters away from home mostly now, there is just a possibility that they may need to use facebook as a means of urgent communication. Hence I do not.

The answer is for them to stop sending me unsolicited crap!!
  • LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Yes I do realise that it is automatically generated but that doesn't alter my point firstly that unsolicited emails making use of my data are intrusive and secondly, even though automatically generated, a human could theoretically access that information should they be so inclined.

Yes I could divert facebook to trash or junk but, with my daughters away from home mostly now, there is just a possibility that they may need to use facebook as a means of urgent communication. Hence I do not.

The answer is for them to stop sending me unsolicited crap!!
    Fruit.
  • I have never had emails from FBk. Must be one of your settings. I am a complete addict with CL and FBk and my New Years resolution will be to cut down.