Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cricket World Cup

Does anyone know (or care?) what the format is for this "Super 8" larky?

Don't tell me everyone plays each other? Then what, a best of 3 final probably! The game is turning into baseball - what with that Sri Lankan fella slinging it down the track!

I ain't that bothered about the game much, but it seems to me that the format is spoiling things somewhat!

Comments

• how was the format before then?

i don't know how it works really, but is it a one day game over 2 days? and why is one team playing today when they played yesterday?
  • The west indies v Australia game was played over 2 days because the first day it p1ssed down so the next day they will use as a spare if required .
  • Super 8s - 8 teams left in play 6 matches (once against every other side left in the tournament except the team they played in the group stages).
    Top 4 after these games go in to the semis.
    Then the final.
  • England are rubbish & won't win whatever format they play :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]England are rubbish & won't win whatever format they play :-)

hahahaha i was waiting for your comment
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]England are rubbish & won't win whatever format they play :-)

Or sport.
  • [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]England are rubbish & won't win whatever format they play :-)

hahahaha i was waiting for your comment

Happy to Oblige, CharltonLife's very own English Cricket Team hater.