Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Covent Garden/Holborn

I never go out round that way ...

Can anyone recommend anywhere in that area for a late drink up ?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Roadhouse in Covent Garden
  • Options
    Dunno about late, but The Lamb in Lambs Conduit Street is a nice boozer. There's a strange one round the corner from The Lamb called The Duke. I was in there with some mates on Friday. As soon as we walked in, this middle-aged Greek fella said, 'Can I help you?' We told him we were coming in for a drink, to which he replied, 'I think you'd better leave.' He relented and allowed us in, then stood scowling at us with his arms folded the entire time. Not the most welcoming of pubs I've been in...
  • Options
    Sway bar on Great Queen Street 2 mins walk from Holborn station.
  • Options
    There's the Princess Louise on High Holburn. So historically significant that even the urinals are listed!
  • Options
    Cheers men , looks like roadhouse could be favourite .

AFKA - could you get me in ?
  • Options
    Porterhouse on maiden lane is a great pub
  • Options
    Guanabara in Holborn is good.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Sway bar on Great Queen Street 2 mins walk from Holborn station.

YES!! Loads of chuff in here!!
  • Options
    Hercules Pillars in Great Queen street - pub I had my 1st pint in. I worked round the corner in H/H and this was our local. Haven't been in it for 25 though.............
  • Options
    be@one is good for a late drink.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adventure Bar, Whiskey Mist, Foundation,

for later night drinks
  • Options

Roadhouse in Covent Garden

This

• Options

Porterhouse on maiden lane is a great pub

Love the place but it can become rather rammed.

• Options
    Bar Polski, Holburn. Nice European girls get in there, drinks are expensive but it closes at normal time.
  • Options
    I always liked the Nag's Head when I worked for a slightly poncy marketing company in Covent Garden as the fluffy young things I worked with would never be seen somewhere so uncompromisingly old-fashioned and would shoot off to some over-priced lager boutique instead.
  • Options
    Secrets3 on grays inn rd. not sure if you said were with the wife or not?
  • Options
    The Griffin, Holborn, again don't take the wife.
  • Options
    Verve bar st martins lane
    Roadhouse
    Sway

Parker's on Parker st - strip club but open to 3am. As iS red,rooms on got queen st

• Options
    And if going Parker's tweet me I'll take you (free) more chance of getting in if cabbie drops you off lol (tru). Club pays the fare
  • Options
    Was in Roadhouse on Friday night. First time in years, but very good. Decent DJs and a very good house band belting out loads of covers. Open til 3am.

Sway is also a good shout.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sway best shout on here
  • Options
    Might try roadhouse Friday night on a alldayer with Dad's from sons football team, we usually start with a 7.45 am fry up, then off to Ascot, after racing meal in Chinatown and in the past it's been O'Neils but fancy a change to the end of the evening.
  • Options
    Penderyn Oak is a weatherspoons, and the Cittie of Yorke by Chancery Lane is a Sam Smiths if you want to kick things off inexpensively, though I doubt either will do for an all-nighter
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Penderyn Oak is a weatherspoons, and the Cittie of Yorke by Chancery Lane is a Sam Smiths if you want to kick things off inexpensively, though I doubt either will do for an all-nighter

Penderels oak was always a good place to start off. Do they still have music downstairs? Used to go in there all the time when I worked down there and remember one night a group of lads singing football songs couldn't work out what they were singing till valley Floyd road was blurted out. Think they were quite surprised when me and one of my other mates joined in.
  • Options
    Steve hit the tipperary on fleet st for a quick one mate a blindiing guiness
  • Options
    Or The Toucan just off SoHo Square...not far off and great Guinness if that's what you like...very small though :)
  • Options
    If it's a lads thing and you want some seriously strong beer try Belgo on Kingsway.

Also second the Penderels Oak, although that's walking away from Cov Garden.
    McBobbin said:

I've been drinking in Sam Smiths pubs for the past few years, first the princess Louise and now Cheshire Cheese a couple of times a week and the prices don't seem to be that different to other pubs now, especially not for Pure Brew.
  • Options
    Princess Louise and Lamb as mentioned but for ale, the only McMullens pub in London, The Nags Head is lively.
  • Options

Princess Louise and Lamb as mentioned but for ale, the only McMullens pub in London, The Nags Head is lively.

The Ship just around the corner from Holborn station is good for ale as well. Nicely hidden away too.