Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Derby County

Comments

• Options

Alnwick - 6: not much to do and no chance with either goal
    Wilson - 6.5: pretty solid and a couple of good runs and crosses
    Morrison - 5: loses a point for that bloody awful miss
    Dervite - 6: ok
    wiggins - 7: another good performance. Wants the ball and plays with a bit of verve
    Green - 6: a few good moments but, after laying the ball off to Wilson, then usually remains static 10 yards away
    Cousins - 7: MOM. Does the simple things well and has a tremendous engine
    Pritchard - 4: played out of position. Started ok but went rapidly downhill and (curiously for him) seemed to lack both energy and pace
    Stephens - 6.5: got stuck in and squirted one shot just wide
    Stewart - 4: completely dominated by Derby's right back. Only swapped flanks (doubtless on instructions) for the last 5 minutes
    Kermorgant - 6: largely dominated by their big centre half, Buxton, and lacked any real support
    Church - 5.5: ran the channels well but is a really poor finisher
    Harriott - 6: livened things up a bit, although, for me, he is a left winger, rather than someone who is effective in the hole
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Alnwick - 6 Pushed one goal bound shot round the post for a corner, not really troubled either side of that.
    Wilson - 5 Did what he had to do no more and no less.
    Morrison - 5 Gave a sloppy ball away that lead to their second.
    Dervite - 5 Steady.
    Wiggins - 6 Less effective as an attacking force than defending.
    Green - 6 Huff, Puff, a few decent crosses but failed to make impression.
    Cousins - 7 More experience under the belt for this talented youngster.
    Pritchard - 5 Wrong position for him but still doesn't deflect from the fact he is not good enough at this level.
    Stephens - 8 Strong in the tackle and easily MOM. Unlucky with one shot in first half when normally would have melted it between the sticks.
    Stewart - 7 Would love to keep this lad on if we had some dollar.
    Kermorgant - 6 Can't fault effort but needed someone with him up front.
    Church - 6 One chance late on to grab equaliser and probably went for wrong option going near post instead of far.
    Harriott - 5 Did not see the point in bringing him on.
  • Options
    Alnwick 6
    Wilson 6
    Morrison 5.5
    Dervite 5.5
    wiggins 6
    Green 6
    Cousins 6.5
    Pritchard 4
    Stephens 6.5
    Stewart 6.5
    Kermorgant 6
    Church 5.5
    Harriott 5
  • Options
    Alnwick 6
    Wilson 6
    Morrison 5
    Dervite 5
    Wiggins 6
    Green 5
    Cousins 6
    Pritchard 4
    Stephens 7 (MoM)
    Stewart 6
    Kermorgant 5

Church 6
    Harriott 5
  • Options
    Wiggins 7, the rest 6, the Upbeats 10
  • Options
    Alnwick 6
    Watson 6.5
    Morrison 6
    Dervite 6
    wiggins 7
    Green 6
    Cousins 7
    Pritchard 5
    Stephens 7
    Stewart 6
    Kermorgant 6
    Church 6
    Harriott 6
  • Options
    Alnwick 7
    Wilson 6
    Morrison 6
    Dervite 6
    Wiggins 7
    Green 5
    Cousins 7
    Pritchard 3
    Stephens 7
    Stewart 5
    Kermorgant 7

Church 5
    Harriott 5
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Alnwick - 6.5 - No chance with the goal and a very good save at 1-0. Poor distribution though bar one excellent quick throw

Wilson - 6 - Did his job defensively, only one or two forays forward but did put a few good crosses in.

Morrison - 6.5 - Tried to get the team going as captain, Was solid at the back and was our biggest threat going forward, should've scored - Not going to deduct marks for that unlike some as atleast he GOT INTO THE BOX unlike our strikers.

Dervite - 6 - Solid, dominant in the air but got skinned a few times, would prefer Wood.

Wiggins - 7 - Playing well, did everything to a good level, put in a good shift.

Green - 6.5 - Was alot better than I thought he would be. Was threatening for 30 mins, good delivery at times to. But this didn't last and while doing nothing wrong he became pretty ineffective.

Cousins - 7.5 - Was class again, was everywhere. Some terrific tackles as well as lung busting runs. Kid is a real gem. - MOTM

Pritchard - 6 - Don't understand the low marks for him. Thought he actually contributed to some nice link up play in a position that is probably alien to him. Put in his usual dosage of effort to! Certainly not as far below the rest as others have made, this weeks scapegoat.

Stephens - 6.5 - Great seeing him get stuck in so much, however while his passing was mostly consistent there were times when he lacked vision or quality in the pass.

Stewart - 6 - Looks threatening and clearly has talent but he was dominated by their Right back. Hardly beat his man however when he did his end product was there.

Kermorgant - 6 - Was back to winning the majority of his headers which is great and did cause them alot of trouble to deal with. However I was delighted to see we played the ball into his feet numerous times in the first 30 minutes. Yet every time this happened and he turned and passed he gave it away. We lacked the killer ball today (as usual) and unfortunately most of the time it was Yann not getting it right in the final third.

Church - 6 - Put in a shift again, good run to gain a chance which he typically mucked up (should've of gone for the far post Simon)

Harriott - 5.5 - To many times he tried to beat the extra man, he had many opportunities to shoot which he squandered as he opted for skills instead
  • Options
    pritch is scapegoat again imo played well first half i wont jump on the bandwagon of slaughtering him,easy target for those that just follow suit,
  • Options
    Alnwick -7 kicking poor but had a sound game not at fault for goals.
    Wilson - 7 Had a good game
    Morrison - 7 Really looked like he cared.
    Dervite - 6.5 Sorry but wouuld like to see Wood back
    wiggins - 7.5 Looking sharper
    Green - 6 Ok, Good FK firtst half but not championship!.
    Cousins - 8 Excellent again, the reason we looked the better side.
    Pritchard - 6 Did ok but no effect
    Stephens - 7 Fewer poor passes today
    Stewart - 6.5 Always carries a threat but not so much today
    Kermorgant - 6.5 Better game but not a goal threat. Church or Kermo behind Sordell in my book.
    Church - 7 More mobility than Kermo. Would like to see him start with Sordell.
    Harriott - 7 Tricky and nice to see him again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alnwick 5
    Wilson 6
    Morrison 6
    Dervite 6
    wiggins 6
    Green 7 Strange decision to bring our best player off
    Cousins 6
    Pritchard 3 What a waste sticking him up top/behind the striker role. Nice one scp
    Stephens 6
    Stewart 6
    Kermorgant 5
    Church 6
    Harriott 5
  • Options
    Alnwick 5- kicking crap and should have done better with both goals
    Wilson 5 - solly back
    Wiggins 6 - decent but not agrees sib enough attacking
    Morrison 5 - missed a sitter and created a goal
    Deviate 6 - decent

Green 6 - offered something
    Pritchard 2 - disgrace adds nothing and weak in all areas
    Stephens 9 - quality all round - battled created and lead with little help
    Cousins 7 - good, battles
    Stewart 7 - good skills but little support

Kerm 5 - no value
  • Options
    Alnwick - 7
    Wilson - 7 Possibly our biggest attacking threat. Defending well.
    Morrison - 7 Got done late on but we were playing without a right back. Generally defending well.
    Dervite - 7 Pretty dependable.
    Wiggins - 7.5 Got a few passes wrong but looks as though he could play for a better team than us.
    Green - 6 Nothing wrong with the effort but couldn't make much of an impact.
    Cousins - 7.5 Stays on his feet and shows a good physical side to his game. Bigger clubs will already be looking at him.
    Pritchard - 5 Used to nullify Derby's deep midfielder Eustace but once they'd scored and we were chasing the game, he probably could have been sacrificed for a forward. Wasn't as bad as many think but agree he's not the man most people want to see in the hole. Sends the wrong message.
    Stephens - 7.5 Looked as likely as anyone to score (although not that likely...). Has a lot of ability and is really starting to get his tackling going.
    Stewart - 5 Well marked and couldn't make an impact. Maybe should've swapped wings with Green for a bit.
    Kermorgant - 5.5 Some good control early on and the usual quota of headers but he's lacking any sort of presence in the penalty area. Too static.
    Church - Lovely run...powder puff shot.
    Harriott - Effort but crowded out.
  • Options
    Alnwick 7
    Wilson 6
    Morrison 6
    Dervite 5 - low mark for his dreadful passing
    Wiggins 7
    Green 6
    Cousins 5
    Pritchard 5
    Stephens 6
    Stewart 6
    Kermorgant 6

Church 6 - my Granny shoots harder.
    Harriott 5 - needs to calm tf down.
  • Options
    Alnwick 6
    Wilson 6
    Morrison 6.5
    Dervite 6.5
    wiggins 6
    Green 5.5
    Cousins 6
    Pritchard 5
    Stephens 6
    Stewart 5.5
    Kermorgant 5.5
    Church 5.5
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Alnwick - 6.5. One great save, wicked deflection for opener -kicking could have been better. I'd have a player on line for free kicks - I can't believe no manager has learned that from Curbs!

Wilson - 6.5 got more into game as it went on.

Dervite - 6. Did his job

Morrison -6. Should have equalised - I would have been disapointed to miss that - lack of heading technique you would expect a centre half to have -solid other than that!

Wiggins - 7. decent game - allowed the option of ineffective stewart coming off for a striker which coulld have happened at start of half and wasn't taken.

Cousins - 7 Sometimes rough around the edges, but going to be a top player

Stephens - 8 Great urgency and energy, bossed the midfield.

Green - 6 Surprised he came off when he was more effective than Stewart

Stewart - 4. I thought he was being fouled by a big strong defender, but when ref thought it was fair - no point sticking with him.

Pritchard - 5. Not as bad as people are saying, but well below I know what he can do.

Kermorgant - 6 Won lots of headers, needed a pacy striker playing off him. Some passing was poor

Harriott - 6 Did what he would have been asked to do - but Derby palyed him well

Church - 5. Got into position - muffed it!
  • Options
    Alnwick - 7 - Steady and confident, first goal unlucky, second goal was good anyway.
    Wilson - 7 - Had a good game, should have left him on
    Morrison - 7 - Good defending mostly
    Dervite - 7 - Again good defending
    wiggins - 8.5 - Hardly put a foot wrong - gets better every game
    Green - 7 - Tried hard
    Cousins - 8 - Cultured, we won't keep him - he's too good
    Pritchard - 5 - Not a good game, looked poor playing against a good team
    Stephens - 8.5 - Bossed this game
    Stewart - 7 - Tricky but didn't have much impact
    Kermorgant - 4 - I love this man but he's way, way off - needs to get fit.
    Church -
    Harriott -
  • Options
    Alnwick 6 Unlucky with flukey 1st goal. Still prefer him to Hamer.
    Wilson 6 Usual game - good bits but prone to odd horrendous error.
    Morrison 6 How did he miss that goal!
    Dervite 6 Solid
    Wiggins 6 Not at his best but still a reasonable performance.
    Green 7 He adds something to the attack and can provide reasonable crosses.
    Cousins 6 Generally good performance but at fault for 2nd goal in not tracking back.
    Pritchard 4 Played in a ridiculous position by CP and certainly not up to it.
    Stephens 6 If only he could keep the ball down when shooting, he would be an excellent player.
    Stewart 6 Anonymous in the 1st half, but improved in the 2nd.
    Kermorgant 6 Looked better than of late, basically because CP at last played him in his proper position.
    Church 6 Added a bit more substance up front when he came on.
    Harriott 6 At least he offers something a bit different when he is on and we look more likely to score.

CP 3 Yet again, he got his tactics all wrong. The decision to play Pritchard behind Yann was absurd and was apparent after the first 10 or 15 minutes. To delay substituting him until half way through the 2nd half again smacks of poor management.
  • Options

Alnwick 6 no fault
    Wilson. 7 busy
    Morrison 7
    Dervite 5 - slow
    wiggins 6 did little wrong
    Green. 5 anonymous
    Cousins 6 decent
    Pritchard 4 v poor
    Stephens 7 - excellent
    Stewart 7 good show
    Kermorgant 5 off the pace
    Church 7 best player when he came on
    Harriot 6 great skills
    Ref was a cheat again
  • Options
    Alnwick 6 distribution is mostly poor, rest of his game is solid
    Wilson 6 Ok
    Morrison 6 should have scored, but least he got there
    Dervite 5.5 bit off it, running battle with ref.
    wiggins 6.5 not bad
    Green 6.5 certainly started well, faded, still thought he should have stayed on
    Cousins 6.5 some good stuff,but can give the ball up a bit to easily
    Pritchard 3 was a fan, I like the guys effort, but that's all it is at the moment. He ran around after the ball like a dog in a park, when every he got near it he was clueless or he simply bottled it. Five in mid field work up to a point, that point was Bradley.
    Stephens 7 MOM works hard tries to pull the strings, unfortunately they players on the other end of his stings are often found wanting
    Stewart 6 Not as good as he thinks he is
    Kermorgant 5.5 Stupid booking, the French boys certainly not the refs favourites. Funny how he looked better when we went 2 up front. None of our strikers are good enough at this level, as lone strikers they are completely lost.
    Church 5.5 works hard, just can't finish. Which is why he gets paid
    Harriott 6 not a bad effort, but not sure if he is quite up to it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alnwick 6
    Wilson 7
    Morrison 5.5
    Dervite 6
    wiggins 6.5
    Green 6
    Cousins 7
    Pritchard 5
    Stephens 6.5
    Stewart 6.5
    Kermorgant 6
    Church 6.5
    Harriott 6.5

• Options
    Alnwick - 6
    Wilson - 7
    Morrison - 6
    Dervite - 6
    wiggins - 6
    Green - 5
    Cousins - 7
    Pritchard - 5
    Stephens - 7
    Stewart - 5
    Kermorgant - 5
    Church - 5
    Harriott - 5
  • Options
    Alnwick - 5
    Watson - 5
    Morrison - 6
    Dervite - 5
    wiggins - 6
    Green - 6
    Cousins - 6
    Pritchard - 4
    Stephens - 6
    Stewart - 5
    Kermorgant - 4
    Church - 5
    Harriott - 5
  • Options
    Alnwick - 7
    Wilson - 7
    Morrison - 5
    Dervite - 5
    Wiggins - 7
    Green - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Pritchard - 5
    Stephens - 5
    Stewart - 5
    Kermorgant - 5
    Church - 4
    Harriott - 4

Crowd - 3
    Ref - 2
  • Options
    Alnwick-6
    Wilson - 7
    Morrison - 6
    Dervite - 6
    wiggins - 6
    Green - 7
    Cousins - 6
    Pritchard - 4
    Stephens - 6
    Stewart - 5
    Kermorgant - 4
    Church - 6
    Harriott - 5
  • Options
    Alnwick 6

Wilson 6
    Morrison 6
    Dervitte 6
    Wiggins 7

Stewart 5 poor game
    Stephens 6
    Cousins 7.5 mom this kid is a class act.hope he's in January
    Green 6

Pritchard 5 I like Pritchard always gives 100% but awful today
    Kermorgant 5 not interested.we need the old yann back

Harriot 5
    Church 5 should of scored
  • Options

Alnwick 7 Couldn't be faulted for either goal.Deserves to keep his place when Hamer becomes fit.
    Wilson 6 Showed some purpose going forward
    Morrison 5 Should have scored
    Dervite 5 Can't understand why Wood has not reclaimed his spot,gave away some stupid free kicks including the first goal
    Wiggins 7 Got forward well,really coming back into form
    Green 6 I though he did well from set plays and didn't deserve to be subbed
    Cousins 7 Did a good job in the middle
    Pritchard 5 I feel he is being found out now
    Stephens 6 Some good creative play but also gave the ball away cheaply
    Stewart 5 Didn't think he did well today
    Kermorgant 5 Is he fit?

Church 5 He tries hard but didn't think he really threatened
    Harriott 6 Showed some good touches
  • Options
    Alnwick - 6
    Watson - 6
    Morrison - 6
    Dervite - 6
    wiggins - 6
    Green - 6
    Cousins - 6
    Pritchard - 6
    Stephens - 7
    Stewart - 6
    Kermorgant - 6
  • Options
    Alnwick - 6 Could do nothing about the 1st, and was overrun for the 2nd. A lot of people criticise his distribution, but IMO, it's about his keeping, which is solid.

Wilson - 6.5 Solid defensively, and produced the best 2 crosses of the match. His substitution was probably partially responsible for the 2nd goal.

Wiggins - 6.5 Not as good defensively as Wilson, but tried to make things happen in his attacking. I don't think he should be exposed in a 3-5-2. He is not a centre back.

Morrison - 6 I will not criticise him for missing the goal, as at least he got there. Sometimes he lumps the ball forward too much for me, but yesterday I was mostly surprised by how often he was out muscled by Martin. Not like him at all.

Dervite - 6 Had a running battle with the ref. Seemed to want to give as good as he got. Solid, and excellent in the air.

Green - 5.5 A few decent crosses, but has no pace. Caught offside too many times in the 2nd half. I'm not sure if he brings enough to the team.

Cousins - 7 Another top performance. Does the simple things well, and shows great strength. A decision will have to be made soon whether we keep him, or the money we get for him is used to strengthen the squad. I would prefer if we kept him. A future captain.

Stephens - 7.5 MOTM. A feisty, fiery performance. Not perfect, sometimes held on to the ball fortoo long, and was in danger at one time of picking up a 2nd yellow. Had a couple of (poor) shots.

Stewart -5.5 Played out of position IMO. Improved a lot when Harriot came on, as the defence had more to worry about.

Pritchard - 4 I have been, in the past, one of his biggest fans. The game seemed to pass him by. Hardly ever seemed to get near the ball, and when he did, his 1st touch was usually poor. Played out of position.

Kermogant - 6 Won a fair few headers, but his flick ons were pointless. (Pointless, as no-one was going to get to them. Not his fault, that was a mistake of the set up of the team.) A few balls that came into his feet, seemed to turn him into Bambi on ice. Passing was poor. And then, when a 2nd striker came on, immediately dropped into midfield. (Again!)

Church - 6.5 As usual, an industrious performance. Prepared as ever, to chase everything. It is strange how on CL it is said that he can't finish, but he is our top scorer. And no-one has pointed out how many shots Yann fluffed yesterday!

Harriot - 5 An exciting player to watch, but needs to become more of a team player. Needs to improve his decision making. I think as a young man, he thinks he needs to make things happen.

Powell -2 I do not usually criticise the manager, but could not understand his decisions yesterday. The equal lowest scoring team in the league, and he drops our top scorer? And plays, in the position of the withdrawn striker, a player who has scored about 3 goals in 3 seasons, rather than, say, Stewart who has scored 3 in half a season.
  • Options
    Alnwick - 7
    Wilson - 7
    Morrison - 7
    Dervite - 7
    wiggins - 7
    Green - 7.5
    Cousins - 8
    Pritchard - 5
    Stephens - 7
    Stewart - 7
    Kermorgant - 6