Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Derby County Saturday 14th December 2013 MATCH PREVIEW with Predictions, News and Views

Comments

• Options
    Will be there but I have a nasty feeling this is going to be another defeat probably 2-0 to Derby who are on the up. I hope not but it is hard to be positive mind you every time I say this we win.
  • Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0
  • Options
    McLaren might be a good coach but how will he deal with us lumping it up to Yann at every opportunity. He won't look so clever then ;0)
  • Options
    I'm fearing 0-2, which will flatter us as our only response to Derby's clever passing game will be hoof-ball to Kermogant.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

At the back, Derby play a flat back four, with Wisdom ( on loan from Liverpool) at Right Back, Forsyth at Left Back and the Keogh/Buxton Central Defensive partnership. As illustrated in the other Derby thread, they can be split by direct runs through the middle, struggle with passes played in behind and Derby are weak on the left side, where Dawkins often fails to cover the space in front of Forsyth, who can be over-loaded in 2 v 1 situations.

To stop Derby playing their short passing game, we will need to press them inside their defensive third and force them to play long. Both CBs showed poor distribution when put under pressure.
    Playing 2 v 3 in Central Midfield will be a gamble, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4-5-1 to 4-3-3 system, with Cousins picking up Hughes, Pritchard coming in to play against Bryson and Stephens playing around Eustace to utilise the space around him to play Church through the Derby B4. Stewart could start on the left, to come inside onto his right foot to attack Wisdoms weaker side and Wilson in front of Solly on the right to combine in attacking play against Derby's left. Our Centre Backs should be able to contain Martin, although you will remember from our games v Norwich in League One he does like a dive.

To win this game, we will need to start on the front foot, stifle & contain the Derby 3-man Central Midfield, and attack their weaknesses on the ground through the middle or along the left flank. We can't afford to lapse into hoof ball. The template is the performance in the win at Blackburn where we produced some good combination play and used Kermorgant as a sub. Sordell played well in that game, dropping off and collecting to feet. If CP decides to go 4-4-2, then Sordell dropping off into the space occupied by Eustace is another option. Derby also conceded at a Set Play last week, another area to exploit.

McLaren is an excellent coach and will make the necessary adjustments if CPs initial plan is going well. It should be very interesting.

God how do you know so much about us so accurate to much respect to you
  • Options

Every other club keeps mentioning our player will Hughes as our danger man he is an excellent prospect with great vision but the player you need to watch in our midfield is Craig Bryson he really is our star midfielder 9 goals already this season the way we play we like to attack down your wings with both full backs pushing on that's where we get most of our goals from we are averaging over 2 goals a game!! Another player whose on fire at the min is Simon Dawkins a very skillfull quick winger who also scores a few I can honestly say derby are the best I've seen them since the likes of wanchope and stimac played for us but as I've mentioned before on here we do have a weakness it's from set pieces if you can get a good ball into our box I think you will always have a chance. Our goalkeeper grant is an excellent shot stopper but not the most commanding in the box so I would defo say that's our weakness don't be too upset if you lose on Saturday you have got a great manager and I think defo good enough to stay up..

Just texting this to SCP......

• Options

Every other club keeps mentioning our player will Hughes as our danger man he is an excellent prospect with great vision but the player you need to watch in our midfield is Craig Bryson he really is our star midfielder 9 goals already this season the way we play we like to attack down your wings with both full backs pushing on that's where we get most of our goals from we are averaging over 2 goals a game!! Another player whose on fire at the min is Simon Dawkins a very skillfull quick winger who also scores a few I can honestly say derby are the best I've seen them since the likes of wanchope and stimac played for us but as I've mentioned before on here we do have a weakness it's from set pieces if you can get a good ball into our box I think you will always have a chance. Our goalkeeper grant is an excellent shot stopper but not the most commanding in the box so I would defo say that's our weakness don't be too upset if you lose on Saturday you have got a great manager and I think defo good enough to stay up..

Shouldn't he know already FF?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shouldn't he know already FF?
    Tongue firmly in cheek, Andy ...

• Options
    Derby have won their last 5 games. Ok, time to knock them off their perch. 2-0 Addicks.
  • Options
    1-1 is the best I can see for us, but fear a defeat and CP's job in jepordy, which will be a silly move, but with these two jokers in charge (TJ/MS) who knows what they will do next?
    Match thread from 2 pm.
  • Options
    I would love to walk away from the Valley on a Saturday with a win, it's a very rare occurrence. Unfortunately I don't think we will, it'll be close and we'll compete but lack the extra bit of quality to win the game.
  • Options
    I'm giving this a miss tomorrow. I've had enough disappointment this week...
  • Options
    13 - 1. Easy. COYA
  • Options
    scidbox said:

13 - 1. Easy. COYA

My god you gave us 1 goal thanks lol
  • Options
    Playing a team in form spells trouble again for us Addicks. Derby will hopefully not take an early lead and then park the bus and defend for the rest of the match which will help us even though it is an easy way to beat us. 2-1 to Derby in an exciting match.
  • Options

Playing a team in form spells trouble again for us Addicks. Derby will hopefully not take an early lead and then park the bus and defend for the rest of the match which will help us even though it is an easy way to beat us. 2-1 to Derby in an exciting match.

I think that if Derby were to take a lead they will not park the bus.
  • Options

scidbox said:

13 - 1. Easy. COYA

My god you gave us 1 goal thanks lol

only because he has a goals goals goals bet haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They'll score 1+, we will get 1.
  • Options
    We are going to have to be at it for 90 minutes today, to get anything out of this one.
  • Options
    Fan can you say hi to Chris from me, ask him whose going out of strictly this weekend ( for the missus not me). :-0
  • Options

They'll score 1+9, we will get 1.

So CAFC 1 Derby 10?

:-)
  • Options
    2-5 be like the sheff u game a few years ago. Except everyone will be protesting about the board rather then the manager.
  • Options
    Just woke up from a dream (Saturday morning lay in) and in the dream I saw the results page and it had us down for 'draw'. I'm not into preminitions but if ewe can get a point today we'll have done well. 3 points would be unlikely to say the very least.
  • Options
    cant see anything but a thumping---will be there for awhile.
  • Options
    1-1 COYR
  • Options
    Worst case scenario 6-1 Derby.CP gets the boot and it pours down after the game.
  • Options
    Solid 88 minutes and comfortably in control at 2-0 up. Then concede from a corner and blind panic sets in. Headless chickens, rabbits in the headlights, spring to mind, but we hold out for a massive 3 points.