Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match fixing

2»

Comments

• Options
    clive said:

The Sierra Leone Football Association (SLFA) is investigating the outcome of two matches that produced an unbelievable total of 187 goals.

The two second-tier games saw Kenema-based Kahunla Rangers and Gulf FC of Kono heavily defeat their city rivals in Premier League qualifiers on Sunday.

Kahunla walloped Lumbebu United 95-0, and Gulf FC thrashed Koquima Lebanon 91-1, providing the two biggest victories recorded in the history of Sierra Leonean football.

However, the half-time scores were just 2-0 and 7-1 respectively, and both results have been annulled because of suspicion of match manipulation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/62049926

93 goals in 45 minutes, if the ref added 30 secs per goal, surprised the game finished.
    I assume the goal celebrations weren't too long. Like the old days, shake hands and run back to your half for the kickoff  ;)
  • Options
    clive said:

The Sierra Leone Football Association (SLFA) is investigating the outcome of two matches that produced an unbelievable total of 187 goals.

The two second-tier games saw Kenema-based Kahunla Rangers and Gulf FC of Kono heavily defeat their city rivals in Premier League qualifiers on Sunday.

Kahunla walloped Lumbebu United 95-0, and Gulf FC thrashed Koquima Lebanon 91-1, providing the two biggest victories recorded in the history of Sierra Leonean football.

However, the half-time scores were just 2-0 and 7-1 respectively, and both results have been annulled because of suspicion of match manipulation.

93 goals in 45 minutes, if the ref added 30 secs per goal, surprised the game finished.
    I assume the goal celebrations weren't too long. Like the old days, shake hands and run back to your half for the kickoff  ;)
    If the crowd threw their hats in the air after each goal (like the old days), there would have been a lot of lost hats.
  • Options
    Do love the fact its "the two biggest victories recorded in the history of Sierra Leonean Football"

So they mean that we've had higher scores elsewhere? - Surely these games cant count in the history books
  • Options
    I wonder if there are any forwards we could take a look at from Kahunla Rangers or Gulf FC
  • Options
    I’m sure a lot of our matches have been fixed in recent years, we can’t have been that rubbish!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Dizzle said:
    I wonder if there are any forwards we could take a look at from Kahunla Rangers or Gulf FC
    Might be worth looking at Anti Drugs Strikers for any Forwards out there

However they are in the relegation zone, so its doubtful whether they can do it on a cold night at Bo Rangers
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Imagine being the Lebanon team winning 91-1, then coming off the pitch to hear the score in the other game.

”They’ve done what?”
    Ha, exactly. Northampton fans have nothing left to bleat about now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stewart said:
    Well, my mate who is a Koquima Lebanon fan said the ref was clueless 
    When we sign their keeper, for a nominal fee, I’m sure his glowing report will have plenty of fans excited as the team takes shape and proof that we are spending money to get out of this league 
  • Options
    clive said:

Koquima Lebanon were furious about the 73rd goal. Video replays show it was at least a yard offside.
  • Options
    WTF? 

I get a message telling me there's a new post on one of my threads, I go to all the trouble of logging in and this is the comment? 

'.'? 
  • Options
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Nob  :D
  • Options
    Apologies LA. I merely deleted two drafts (one was yours) from my account which had been hanging around for a few seasons. Did not know you would be alerted. I cant even tell you what they said as they were so old I did not read them. Nothing of interest I am sure. Given you a "like" as compensation. (:
  • Options
    Suspicious activity on the webforum. Probably some money involved. Stinks tbh
  • Options
    Apologies LA. I merely deleted two drafts (one was yours) from my account which had been hanging around for a few seasons. Did not know you would be alerted. I cant even tell you what they said as they were so old I did not read them. Nothing of interest I am sure. Given you a "like" as compensation. (:
    Have a LOL in return 😂