Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Galatasaray Vs Juventus Match Resuming Today

Last 58 minutes of yesterday's abandoned match to be played from 2.00 today.

What's that about? 5 players from one side could go down with illness overnight and what would happen then?

Good job they didn't do that for our Donny match ;-)

Comments

• Options
    In ccase anybody was gonna turn over at 2pm to watch, itll all be over,
    Its 1pm GMT
  • Options
  • Options
    Our pitch is better than that
  • Options
    And they're playing on that in half an hour?
  • Options
    Whats gonna happen with the start... A drop ball or will they do what Snooker does and use videos to ensure everyone is in the exact same position as when the game was stopped originally?
  • Options
    Why's this happening ? Abandoned games don’t usually pick up where they left off do they ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Why's this happening ? Abandoned games don’t usually pick up where they left off do they ?

Didn't they play a two minute match in Barcelona a few years back?
  • Options
    Why they are using a fckin white ball. Is any news guess
  • Options
    Changed it to Orange one as I pressed pressed send
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The pitch is awful.

Even worse is the fact that unless I'm very much mistaken this stadium has a retractable roof and it's open?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    wow pitch is awful & getting worse.
  • Options
    Half time now. Very strange.
  • Options
    feel for the fans that mustve paid top dollar for a champs league clash and now cant see half the game because they're working.
  • Options
    Pitch is an absolute bog, they'd be better off drawing lots.
  • Options
    Almost as bad as the Valley but not quite.
  • Options
    Wow 1-0 Gala with 5 minutes left.
  • Options
    Great finish from the former Inter legend. Take that @Forzajuve!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I still cannot understand how a champions league match with all te millions of pounds worth of talent is being played on that.

What a joke
  • Options
    FT 1-0. Gala through, Juve into Europa League.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Me thinks, regardless of it being a forlorn hope, Juve will put forward some sort of appeal!
  • Options
    A potential CL winner out, good for English teams.
  • Options
    Glad that Galatasaray are through. The atmosphere at their games are unbelievable - much more exciting to watch than any Italian game.
  • Options
    Cafctom you obviously have not watched Serie A much this season- comfortably outscoring the "greatest league in the world" TM
  • Options

Cafctom you obviously have not watched Serie A much this season- comfortably outscoring the "greatest league in the world" TM

Since when has the Turkish league been labelled "greatest league in the world''????

Unless you are bringing the Premier league into it for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    Europa League final at Juve's homeground. Well well well
  • Options
    PL54 said:

In the CL they do.

Unless the ground was full, I'm surprised Galatasaray agreed to playing the fixture when they did as it would appear to reduce the advantage they originally had in playing in front of a passionate home support (not that it mattered in the end).

Was the game played in the afternoon as opposed to evening to avoid a clash with (other) televised fixtures?

• Options
    cafctom said:

Glad that Galatasaray are through. The atmosphere at their games are unbelievable - much more exciting to watch than any Italian game.

Serie A teams create some of the best atmospheres in world football.

Premier league gets the numbers in but the atmosphere is pony.
  • Options
    Truly was a gutting feeling to see us go out, Champions League games are so nerve-racking to watch! The match should never have been played on that pitch and there are reports coming out today that a Galatasaray director deliberately told the groundsmen to wreck the side of the pitch that Juve would be attacking. Juve tried to play football and didn't deserve to lose the match or go out on the basis of that game but as Conte rightly said afterwards 'we should never have let it go down to the final game'.

It's a pity because I think as stated already we could have potentially won it, we matched Real Madrid in the group stages and nobody would have wanted to draw us in the next round, I would have fancied us against any of the English sides as well. It will be the one time that the Europa League would be nice to win as it's at our home ground but not too fussed if we don't, anyway we'll come back stronger next year, fino alla fine!
  • Options
    Don't believe that the state of the pitch really favoured Gala, it was more a long side that was trashed. It was just one of those things, brought on by freak conditions and incompetence. Not too sad as a good number of Italian internationals will have a less demanding schedule in 2014.