Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell on Prostate Cancer

Comments

• Options
    This is close to my heart .. I am a cancer 'Champion' for both MacMillan and the local Care Plus (NHS) team. This involves setting out a stall in supermarkets, surgeries, factories, anywhere else that will let us in, and advising (especially) men on prostate cancer symptoms as well as general information on other cancers.
    The emphasis is on early diagnosis and not to ignore unusual aches, pains, bleeding, fatigue, changes in bowel and urinary movements and a host of other potential cancer early warning signs.
    Early diagnosis and early treatment saves lives and can help prevent long term suffering and debilitating treatment.
    It is simply wonderful that a well loved public figure like Chris Powell is doing his bit.

LAST WORD: men are notorious and/or too macho or indeed too scared in not going to the doctor in time of potential trouble. Many think that a good swearing at the problem will make it cower and run away .. when it comes to cancer .. it won't run away .. it can kill you
  • Options
    Would we expect anything less from him, Lincs ?

Respect, gaffer.
  • Options

Would we expect anything less from him, Lincs ?

Respect, gaffer.

quite so Fanny xxxx
  • Options
    I had some tests recently. Luckily for me they came back negative.
    I thought the test involved having the GP put his finger up my arse, so I sort of put it off.
    It didn't.
    I'm not.